It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIsraelite777

As others have pointed out, there is no evidence for John 5:7 being added into the NT by Constantine. Constantine was far from a radical trinitarian, his mother was an Arian and she was the one who introduced him to Christianity. His sons were also Arians. Constantine called the council of Nicaea to settle the debate and the Trinitarians won. Furthermore, Ivan Panin did not find a break in the mathematical code running through the NT when he came across John 5:7.

This website you give is full of sectarian garbage and sources anti-Christian scholars from the turn of the century to back their claims

According to the Biblical historian Dr. C. R. Gregory: The Greek manuscripts of the text of the New Testament were often altered by the scribes, who put into them the readings which were familiar to them, and which they held to be the right readings.

Ooh, Biblical scholar! That looks official! Who is this Dr. C. R. Gregory? Caspar René Gregory (November 6, 1846 in Philadelphia – April 9, 1917) Gregory specialized in New Testament textual criticism. Seems he doesn't like your Bible. It's alright though, his work is only a century old, we have better scholars and manuscripts now.

F.C. Conybeare further elaborated: In the only codices which would be even likely to preserve an older reading, namely the Sinaitic Syriac and the oldest Latin Manuscript, the pages are gone which contained the end of Matthew.

That looks really official too! Let's look this guy up. Frederick Cornwallis Conybeare (14 September 1856 - 9 January 1924) "He took an interest in the Order of Corporate Reunion, an Old Catholic organisation, becoming a Bishop in it in 1894" Well atleast he didn't support the Jesus-Myth theory, but neither does the Jesus Seminar for that matter. Doesn't matter, they're all rationalists trying to attack 2,000 year old Christian beliefs. Kind of funny that this site sources Catholics. I guess they don't mind where their information comes from or how old it is, just as long as they can twist it to their own ends. In regards to his claims, the Roman Church is the source of all Western Heresies so of course things would be missing in the Latin Manuscripts and the Syrians are the source of half of the heretical gospels like Thomas and Judas and the authors of the hodgepodge Diatesseron.

Before we make references concerning these early writers, it should be emphatically stated, that if the question under consideration were one of doctrine, the written records of these Catholic writers would be totally irrelevant. Doctrine must be obtained from the pure Word of God alone, and not from Catholics, Jews or other sources.

Oh look more attempts to make the Bible into a Koran! Yeah, Catholic and early Jewish Christian writers are irrelevant. Nevermind the fact that the original Catholics wrote the Bible and our Canon comes from St. Ignatius and St. Athanasius (the head of the Trinitarian camp).

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

42Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? 43Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. 44And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. 45And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. 46But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.

You are right, scripture is not of private interpretation, this creates schisms and is why there are 50,000+ Protestant denominations. Interpretation of scripture is handed down (translated TRADITION) by the Apostles and those who studied at their feet.

Now look at the line in bold. Salvation certainly came from the Jews, Ya'hshuah was a Jew. However, since then the Jews have adopted the Talmud which contains voluminous exegesises on scripture with false traditions mixed in not to mention the numerous references to Ya'hshuah being born of a whore and boiling in excrement in hell. This is what the Bible meant by "those who say they are Jews but are actually synagogues of Satan", they deny the Messiah, so what is there to be gained from them? The closest groups to the original Jews are the Karaites who only use the OT and deny the "oral Torah" or Talmud and, ironically, the Samaritans who've remained the same for thousands of years.

Anyways, the Apostles superceded the Jews, that's why there were twelve of them. This can also be seen in the Woman clothed in the sun in Revelations with the crown of twelve stars. This symbol is often linked to Israel, Mary, and the Church. I think it is all three. Top down, Mary is the culmination of the obedience and purpose of the Jews: to give birth to the Messiah. Bottom up, Mary is the mother of the Church and the Apostles: John 19:26"When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!". Therefor unless you have the wisdom of the Apostles, you are simply the blind following the blind.
edit on 8-4-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: removed very-large nested-quote

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You are stupid. Nowhere did I say anything about Constantine creating the sunday worship. Sunday worship has been around for centuries. The PAGANS kept Sunday, because it was the worship of the sun.

The TRUE JEWS haven't been gathered yet. And i'm about show you that right now.

Ezekiel 20:34-39 (King James Version)

34And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

35And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

36Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.

37And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

38And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

39As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols.

According to this, the Lord is going to bring the true Jews into the wilderness, and make them keep his covenant. Those Jewish people in the middle east have NEVER went into the wilderness.

Ezekiel 28:25-26 (King James Version)

25Thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob.

26And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God.

According to this, the only time the true Jews are going to be gathered is AT THE 2ND COMING OF THE LORD. THAT'S THE ONLY TIME THERE IS GOING TO BE PEACE. THAT'S IS THE ONLY TIME THE LORD WILL JUDGE ALL THE HEATHEN. I don't care about your stupid beliefs, this is what the Bible says, son.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Ezekiel 34:20-25 (King James Version)

20Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD unto them; Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat cattle and between the lean cattle.

21Because ye have thrust with side and with shoulder, and pushed all the diseased with your horns, till ye have scattered them abroad;

22Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.

23And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

24And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.

25And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.

Again, the only time the real Jews are going to be gathered is when the LORD IS BACK ON THIS EARTH. It will be PEACEFUL. King DAVID will be alive. THE LORD WILL JUDGE ALL THE HEATHEN. Has any of this happened yet? NO. And anyone who says different needs to check themselves into a mental hospital.

Ezekiel 37:21-28 (King James Version)

21And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

22And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

23Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

24And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

25And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

26Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

28And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

These scriptures keep saying the same thing. ONLY WHEN KING DAVID IS ALIVE WILL THE TRUE JEWS BE GATHERED. ONLY WHEN THEY GO INTO THE WILDERNESS WILL THEY BE GATHERED. ONLY WHEN THE LORD HAS JUDGED EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD. Like I said before, I don't care what your stupid beliefs are, this is what the Bible says!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Not only that, but if you DON'T keep the commandments, including the biblical sabbath, you WILL go to the lake of fire. And anyone who says different is A LIAR. NOWHERE in the Bible does it say the sabbath day was only for the Jews. NOWHERE.

Revelation 14:12 (King James Version)

12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

1 John 2:4-5 (King James Version)

4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1 John 5:2-4 (King James Version)

2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Revelation 22:14 (King James Version)

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

They all say the same thing, YOU HAVE GOT TO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I know you must be high. The woman represents the saints! The 12 stars represent the 12 tribes of Israel. How do I know? BECAUSE I LET THE BIBLE INTERPRET ITSELF, unlike you. Women are always likened to a church. The Catholic church is an abomination. They honor DEAD SAINTS. When someone dies, THEY ARE DEAD. They know NOTHING anymore. Not only that, but Catholics don't even keep the commandments. Most of their practices ties to witchcraft and paganism. This I can prove. Nowhere in the Bible does it say Catholics are the true church, much less Christians. You are just a liar. Catholics worship idols, they practice pagan holidays, they do pagan practices, they go against EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE.

Genesis 37:9-11 (King James Version)

9And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.

10And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?

11And his brethren envied him; but his father observed the saying.

Everyone, please watch these videos on the catholic church! The Catholic church is the great whore the sits upon many waters. That church "claims" to be the true church, but Jesus says he doesn't even know her, and calls her a whore. Read Revelation 17-18:7

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Notice how this guy never posts any scriptures to back up anything has says.. lol. The only thing he has is his "Beliefs" which can't buy him a candy bar. I rebuke you, in Jesus name. Amen.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIsraelite777

You are stupid.

Nice ad hominem attack. Does nothing for your position other than make you look like a child

Nowhere did I say anything about Constantine creating the sunday worship. Sunday worship has been around for centuries. The PAGANS kept Sunday, because it was the worship of the sun.

Oh what's this then?

The only funny thing is, HISTORIANS wrote about Constantine and his new pagan Sunday worship.

Here you clearly say that Constantine was the one who instituted Sunday worship. I cited Church Fathers centuries older than him who worshiped on Sunday. The pagans had no day of rest and worship period, end of story. The venerable day of the sun was instituted by Constantine to legitimize a well established Christian Holy Day. This is refuted.

According to this, the only time the true Jews are going to be gathered is AT THE 2ND COMING OF THE LORD. THAT'S THE ONLY TIME THERE IS GOING TO BE PEACE. THAT'S IS THE ONLY TIME THE LORD WILL JUDGE ALL THE HEATHEN. I don't care about your stupid beliefs, this is what the Bible says, son.

What are you going on about? When was the end of the diaspora ever mentioned in my posts? Yes, the Jews will be converted and gathered together for Armageddon. This is established Christian eschatology.

I do care about your beliefs because you are a part of a sectarian cult that denies the incarnation of the Logos. Believe what you want concerning Africans being Israelites (wut?), denying the incarnation and divinity of the logos on the other hand I cannot abide. You are also being an insufferable Pharisee, the kind that claim to present Christ while pushing people away from Him.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIsraelite777

Nowhere in the NT does Ya'hshuah ever say that one must keep the Sabbath for salvation. In fact the only time he brings up the Sabbath is when the Pharisees are accusing him of breaking it

16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

He doesn't mention the Sabbath once here, nor on the Sermon on the Mount which contains the Law of the New Covenant. Besides, "The Sabbath was made for man" not the other way around, "six days shall you work and on the seventh you shall rest" don't Sunday worshipers do the same? As I have already pointed out, the eighth day is the day of resurrection and the early Church worshiped on that day. The resurrection was Sunday, Pentecost was Sunday, we are in the eighth day.
I do believe that we have to keep the commandments, this is true, but what commandments did Ya'hshuah give? Turn the other cheek, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, give to the poor, fast (do you fast?), pray, etc he never says anything about the 613 mitzvot or the Sabbath. Paul says the old law is abolished, what is the old law? Mosaic Law! It's purpose has been fulfilled, the messiah has come: Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill"

Fulfill
–verb (used with object) 1. to carry out, or bring to realization, as a prophecy or promise. 2. to perform or do, as duty; obey or follow, as commands. 3. to satisfy (requirements, obligations, etc.): a book that fulfills a long-felt need. 4. to bring to an end; finish or complete, as a period of time: He felt that life was over when one had fulfilled his threescore years and ten. 5. to develop the full potential of (usually used reflexively): She realized that she could never fulfill herself in such work.

When he talks about His commandments he is speaking of the commandments He gave and NOT ONCE does he say you need to keep the Sabbath to the letter in order to be saved. By the way, if you think the old law is still valid, here is the list you have to follow: www.hisglory.us... I hope you don't cut your hair or have clothes with mixed fibers.

Regardless, I go to Church on Saturdays for Vespers anyway so this is all moot.
edit on 10-4-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I know you must be high.

Again, nice ad hom attack.

The woman represents the saints! The 12 stars represent the 12 tribes of Israel. How do I know? BECAUSE I LET THE BIBLE INTERPRET ITSELF, unlike you.

The bible does not interpret itself, why do you think there are 50,000 Protestant denominations all screaming the others are going to hell for getting it wrong.

1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: 2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. 3And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. 4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. 5And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

This passage can easily be linked to Mary. However, Nestorians like yourself don't want to acknowledge that Mary is Theotokos (God bearer) and gave birth to the Logos. Symbols can have multiple meanings. Who is the woman that gave birth to the man-child literally? Mary. What was she the culmination oF? The promise of Israel. Who did Ya'hshuah leave Mary with as a mother? The apostles

John 19:26When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! 27Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Women are always likened to a church.

And women are never women, right? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. You are picking and choosing your allegories, which is why the Orthodox have never ever dogmatized an opinion on Revelations like a lot of Protestants have. This brings me to your next ridiculous claim:

The Catholic church is an abomination.

Based on your video post, it would seem as though you don't know what the difference is between the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholics. For the most part, I agree with you. The Roman Catholics apostasized, edited the Nicaean Creed, tried to take over the Church, and initiated Crusades against the Orthodox. Were it not for Rome there would have been no inquisition, no crusades, no Protestant reformation, and no counter reformation with more apostasy (council of Trent). Anyways, your video talks about the Byzantine Textus Receptus being the only reliable scripture which was received from Antiochian Orthodox Christians! Anyways, you don't like that manuscript because it has John 5:7.

They honor DEAD SAINTS. When someone dies, THEY ARE DEAD. They know NOTHING anymore.

Mat 22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, Mat 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

See also the Rich Man and Lazarus concerning the awareness of the dead

Matthew 16:28Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom

This was 2000 years ago so either you are calling Ya'hshuah a liar or you do greatly err in your understanding of the scriptures.

And the smoke of the incense, [which came] with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

Prayers of Saints in Heaven

"And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Eli'jah, talking with him." (Mt 17:3)

1 Tim. 2: 1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way. 3This is good, and it is acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,

We pray for each other on Earth and make intercessions and this is perfectly acceptable. Saints on the other hand are in Heaven and are more righteous than those on Earth. Which leads me to my final point:

James 5:16 The fervent prayer of the righteous man availeth much. Who could be more righteous than those who have attained their eternal reward and are now with Christ in heaven?

Not only that, but Catholics don't even keep the commandments.

True, ROMAN CATHOLICS edit the second commandment.

Most of their practices ties to witchcraft and paganism. This I can prove. Nowhere in the Bible does it say Catholics are the true church, much less Christians.

Can it be my turn now?
The Bible also doesn't say that the Black Yisraelites aren't heretical obnoxious schismatics so that must mean they are.

You are just a liar.

Very professional

Catholics worship idols, they practice pagan holidays, they do pagan practices,

The Orthodox do not worship Icons, they are venerated in the same way as a family picture except they are a holy family. Ya'hshuah became depictable in the incarnation, when the Logos took on human flesh. Our icons of the Messiah and Pantocrator are a testament of this. The Father remains undepictable, because "no eye hath seen". You will never ever EVER see a depiction of the Father as a bearded man in the sky like in the horrible Cistene Chapel. There is a huge distinction between worship and veneration in Greek. When Protestants say we worship Icons, they are using loaded language. They simply will not accept the concept of veneration, because in that case it would be ok. Case in point: the Ark of the Covenant had the carved IMAGES (greek: ikons) of two Cherubim with outstretched arms. Between the Cherubim, the High Priest sprinkled the blood of a sacrifice. No one but the High Priests were allowed in it's presence, and laity touching it meant certain death. That is a lot of respect for an object yes? Are they worshiping it? No. Is it an image? OF COURSE IT IS! If you take the Second commandment to mean that no images are allowed in religious services, then God told the Jews to break this law when he had them make the Ark and when he had them build the temple (which also contained images).

they go against EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE.

They worship God and Ya'hshuah, I pray that's enough for the Romans.

The Catholic church is the great whore the sits upon many waters. That church "claims" to be the true church, but Jesus says he doesn't even know her, and calls her a whore. Read Revelation 17-18:7

Yup, the Whore of Babylon is clearly Rome. The only existing remnant of Rome is the Vatican and the ROMAN CATHOLIC Church that apostasized a thousand years ago and began killing Christians. The Orthodox Church is not the Roman Catholic Church.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I rebuke you, in Jesus name. Amen.

You sound like my mother. She got involved with a pentecostal church and went, literally, nuts. Even the pastor of the church admitted to me privately that she was (his words) 'a fruit loop'.

Please don't throw any religious crap back at me, I've heard it all already.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I rebuke you, in Jesus name. Amen.

You sound like my mother. She got involved with a pentecostal church and went, literally, nuts. Even the pastor of the church admitted to me privately that she was (his words) 'a fruit loop'.

Please don't throw any religious crap back at me, I've heard it all already.

You win an internets, good sir

My best wishes for your mother by the way. It's not a charismatic pentecostal church is it (speaking in tongues, barking and stuff)?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36

My best wishes for your mother by the way. It's not a charismatic pentecostal church is it (speaking in tongues, barking and stuff)?

Yep. I had to endure years of her doing it in public places too.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Therefor unless you have the wisdom of the Apostles, you are simply the blind following the blind.
That's a shame. At the moment, circumstances don't even allow for religious study to the intensity or length that I'd like, let alone for apostolic wisdom so I'll be depending on God's guidance for the time being. There are worse places to place my trust lol

Does anyone know where a good direct Aramaic to English translation can be found? There's one at [p e s h i t t a.org] that does interlinear and trilinear that I know about but it's always nice to have a backup; some of his translating is a bit questionable.

And...by the way, who exactly, ended up being rebuked on here? o_o Guess it was just a matter of time lol
edit on 4/10/2011 by Debunker75 because: apparently the website has profanity in it
changed formatting for it

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Debunker75

I could have phrased that better. Most Christians make use of apostollic understandings anyways. If you believe in the trinity, that Ya'hshuah is divine and human (Son of God, Son of Man) and follow the 27 Book NT canon, you are in line with the apostles. However, when you separate the Bible from the people who wrote it, it is very easy for one to superimpose their ideas and preconceptions onto scripture. This is why the belief that the Bible is an inerrent revelation that dropped out of the sky in 1611 in England has lead to tens of thousands of schisms.

As far as the Pe#ta goes, I would advise against reading it. The only people that use it are the Syrians who are notorious for hacking up texts (see Diatesseron) and are the source of such things as the Gospel of Thomas. Also, the true Pe#ta does not contain 2Peter, 2John, 3John, or Revelations, though I think the Assyrians added them in centuries later. Anyways, the Pe#ta is simply a retroactive translation of Greek texts into Aramaic, they are not, I repeat, NOT the originals though there may be aramaic originals (see gospel of the Hebrews) If you want to read it, here is an interlingual English/Aramaic translation here:www.pe.../

The Pe#ta is only used by the Assyrian Church of the East which is also apostollic, but adheres to the Nestorian heresy. It's not too bad of a heresy, it's just wrong, nothing that anyone is going to be damned over.

Addendum: Oh it would seem that you already found that site. Well, if you think it's questionable then you're out of luck, that's how it's translated. There's plenty of material in the forums concering how their translation is "superior", but I think I'll stick to the original Greek. Oh, and I was the one being rebuked. The Israelite doesn't seem to know the difference between Roman Catholic and Orthodox.

edit on 11-4-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Debunker75

I could have phrased that better. Most Christians make use of apostollic understandings anyways. If you believe in the trinity, that Ya'hshuah is divine and human (Son of God, Son of Man) and follow the 27 Book NT canon, you are in line with the apostles.

There's plenty of material in the forums concering how their translation is "superior", but I think I'll stick to the original Greek. Oh, and I was the one being rebuked. The Israelite doesn't seem to know the difference between Roman Catholic and Orthodox.
Oh dear... lol, you'd be the last person I'd rebuke of those I've encountered on this site so far. ah, well, as there's always room for improvement, even the self-appointed elite has much more left to learn, it seems.

In relation to your phrasing, it fueled my search for info about the Didache with hopes of learning more about apostolic teachings so it was beneficial. But I'm comforted to hear most follow apostolic understanding regardless as the sheer amount of sects found in Christianity makes me sigh. They do nothing but make learning the Word of God and becoming close to Him hard to do -.-

You voiced my concerns exactly though... I don't like the Pe#ta translation very much as it didn't feel right when reading through it. That...and the last time I'd taken a look at it, I really wanted to find something in John and couldn't mentally compute why it wasn't there to be found lol I understand why now! Thank you!
I really am always appreciative of your assistance.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

There are many passages like that in the Bible. Another one, genesis 4:16, Cain left the garden of eden and went to the land of Nod and got himself a wife. Land of Nod? I thought Adam and Eve were the first human's? How is there a land with people?

I had many questions like that when reading the Bible. Another one was the existance of dinosaurs, no where in the Bible are they mentioned.

I went in quest of answers and found The Urantia Book. It's a book about science, philosophy and religion. The book worked for me, it may not for you but please check it out. (www.urantia.org...) You can read it online for free and even download the audio book version.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Does no one think it is at all possible that our Creator actually created evolution. As pointed out several times time is different to God than to us so 7 days could easily be 7 million years (sorry been a long time since i studied evolution kind of forgotten how old the Earth is suppose to be).

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by moonbeam13

To God time does not exist, so you are right a "day" to God could be a very long time to us. All of creation is purposeful and progressive. Nothing happens by accident. If you would like a very interesting explaination of the history of the universe please check out The Urantia Book. www.urantia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hremes333
reply to post by Wonders

you dont really know who wrote the bible or if its accurate
Thanks for the accusations. Can you say that you know who these "Scientists" are and whether they be accurate. Same difference. What I do know is that God and Jesus are real, that, to me, is square one.

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56 >>

join