It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
you guys are absolutely abusing the word of god.

When it refers to one day is like a thousand years, Thats because god created time.... He existed before and outside the universe was formed, He created the firmament, And separated it between the heavens and heaven*.

As for god making man in OUR image, It refers to the Holy trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God The holy spirit, He made us in the image of him, He put his spirit in US, and the father lives inside us, Cause we are his spirit.

Just clearing up when you got a little confused there.,

GOD is not an elien, Or a ancient astronaught, He is not a ET that billions of years split his dna and erased mankinds sub concious, I wont sit here and listen to this trot man...... Its garbage, If you have a problem with the bible its not our problem its yours, So deal with it

Just a curious question and I REALLY REALLY do not mean to offend
but how can you say this with such certainty? I mean... I can write a book of what I believe happened and how life shall be after death and have my family and my coming generations keep that book alive and will that mean what I wrote in that book was true? I cannot believe something just because a mass of people with a book believe it, people used to think the Earth was flat, and one guy didn't and then bam everyone found out it was round.

Once again I really do not mean to offend because I am seriously asking because even though I have my beliefs I would like to see where you come in on the issue that I've stated.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wademus

And after a handful of 'mutated' generations the offspring are unfit to survive in darwins "survival of the fittest" world. "mutated" offspring are coerced into breeding and can only exist in those forms because humans allow them. It does not happen in nature, so why do so many people sell out to thinkin it did?

Actually, there are 3 kinds of mutations. There are the ones we are readily familiar with today, which are negative mutations that hinder survival. Then, there are neutral mutations, which don't actively affect anything in relation to survival, like a slight color change of something inside the body. Then, there are positive mutations, which affect survival positively and get actively spread to the next generations of the creature because of the enhanced survivability and attractiveness that the creature exhibits.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Voyce

I have actually done some study into this and it is because of the influence of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost acts as the verifier of God's word by instilling a sense of truth in the words of the Bible through a religious experience.

It is simply faith that it was the Holy Ghost which was acting on their perception.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You've got to be joking if you're asking that question. John 3:36 comes to mind, along with dozens of others.

I tell you what, do your own research. here, go and search simply the word life here and read it yourself.

www.biblegateway.com...

Better yet, where does Christ teach in multiple lives besides the one you have now and the eternal one after?
edit on 22-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

No. How do you even get that by what I said?

All of matter is made of the same stuff. Star dust is irrelevant here. Star dust is just lower in the hierarchy.

We are all made of ordinary matter. Light that is compressed. And that light decays like anything else in the universe. it spreads out, dies, and becomes diluted throughout the universe.

There is nothing special about this. What would be different if we were made of star dust? Star dust is made of matter, which we also are made of. And all matter dies. All matter decays into light. All light dies. All light decays into the very fabric of space time itself. Even spacetime itself dies. Dark energy decays, the universe collapses, and it all comes down onto itself.

Nothing lives forever in this universe.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wademus

no actually, it's not. Gravity affects most things, but it would appear not to affect dark matter, especially dark energy, which is the opposite of gravity. Light is not governed by the same rules as mass. Mass is not governed by the same laws as a Quark–gluon plasma. Superfluids just say FU you gravity and normal matter states and many other things. The universe is dynamic, with different systems affecting different things. Some things don't even have waves, so they are completely unaffected by them. Other things are too large to be affected by waves, and some waves just don't affect anything at all.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't believe in a 'trinity' either....

So what are you replying about( not meant to be rude)

Plural gods are multiple gods...plain and simple
edit on 21-3-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

I too do not believe in the doctrine of a Trinity. I believe this came about in an effort to quell Goddess worship, in favor of an all male God Head. You must remember, the Roman Church was the world seat of power back then, even Kings bowed to kiss the Pope's ring. The Church could, and did, anything they wanted to do. Including almost erasing the Divine Feminine from existence, and murdering a million of her followers in the process. In Germany, entire towns disappeared during these times.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

No. How do you even get that by what I said?

All of matter is made of the same stuff. Star dust is irrelevant here. Star dust is just lower in the hierarchy.

We are all made of ordinary matter. Light that is compressed. And that light decays like anything else in the universe. it spreads out, dies, and becomes diluted throughout the universe.

There is nothing special about this. What would be different if we were made of star dust? Star dust is made of matter, which we also are made of. And all matter dies. All matter decays into light. All light dies. All light decays into the very fabric of space time itself. Even spacetime itself dies. Dark energy decays, the universe collapses, and it all comes down onto itself.

Nothing lives forever in this universe.

I was just making the point that we come from the stars...literally.

Each and everything that you will ever see.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

Buttercookie. There is only one God,

Then how are all of the other Gods in the Bible to be explained then? The Bible is in no way an authority in regards to the Ancient Hebrew Gods, or Elohim. [They] are mentioned in the Bible nearly 2,000 times, but nearly all translators and Biblical scholar, for nearly 2,000 years, have either by mistake, or intentionally, chosen to convert them all into a singular "God" or combination of so called "divine names" that states that one Hebrew God made, and rules the universe.
Most Christians never see this, probably because they do not research their Bible.
The Gods Of The Bible

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Absolutely correct!!!

They tend to discount all the other gods, regardless of the evidence.

(You are right about the no-research) and that's not even being offensive.

Plenty of references of the other gods....

we gods, us gods, those gods, etc...

But they will tend to say, "Oh, those were 'mythical'. I remember learning about the Greek and Egyptian gods in 6th grade and also going to church (I used to be a Christian) and thinking, "Either ALL the gods are REAL or ALL the gods are FAKE", and that it sounded biased to discredit anyone of them.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Sin is a disease

Who told you that? You had better be careful, here is Who Sin really is:

Oxford Dictionary of World Mythology:Sin

The moon god of Ur and first son of Enlil, the Sumerian god of earth and air. As ‘lord of the calendar’, his cult exhibited monotheistic tendencies, since it was Sin ‘who determines the destinies of distant days’ and whose ‘plans no god knows’. According to Genesis, Abraham hailed from Ur by way of Harran, both cities devoted to the moon god. In Arabia, Sin was also worshipped under various titles and it is likely that Mount Sinai, first mentioned in Hebrew texts about 1000 BC, was connected with moon-worship. Other names for Sin were Suen and Nanna. Addressed in prayer as ‘perfect in lordiness’, Sin was associated with fertility, ‘lord of the cowherders’, the nether world, and kingship. A myth of Nanna's wooing of Ningal, the mother of goddess Inanna, relates how the god is repulsed until he has filled the rivers with the early flood, made the grain grow in the field, and caused fishes to be in the marshes, reeds along the banks of rivers, stags in the forest, plants in the desert, honey and wine in the orchards, cress in the garden, and long life in the palace. Only when all this bounty occurs is Ningal prepared to come and live with Nanna in his lofty dwelling on top of the ziggurat in Ur.
source

"Sin" relates directly to Inanna, the Annunaki Queen. Many say the Annunaki are returning to Earth, and will be here soon. So I wouldn't go around insulting them. Just a word of advice. Can you see this? The Church again, anything not of their agenda got a bad reputation and an evil label.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Actually we are now new creations in christ, When he died on the cross, Mankinds spirit was quickened and restored, Christ now lives within us, We are not GOD, but his spirit anew abides in us.

So let me get this straight. You are inhabited by your own spirit, plus, you have the spirit of a God in you, plus the spirit of another man in you. That's three. Is this what is called possession? Must be pretty crowded in there, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You have to remember that the English bible and all other "translations" are just that translated. To translate means to change. In the original text, it does not say God and never did. It would read more accurately Elohim or mighty ones. It expresses the unity and at the same time the separateness of the functions and purpose of our creator. It is not speaking of ET. John 1 says: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Elohim and the Word was Elohim. The same was in the beginning with Elohim. All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men and the light shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not. Reading on, you will find that verse 14 says this: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. I believe that the idea that E.T. 's created us is false. The idea that we are about to meet the little green men who made all of this, (and yet they have to fly around in ships) is bogus. Amazing how people will refuse to believe in a divine, loving creator, yet will readily embrace the concept of being created by an alien. Verse 10 says: He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and world knew him not. Verse 11: He came into his own and his own received him not. The first of the 10 commandments is: I am YHWH thy Elohim, you shall have no other gods before me. Why is this the first commandment? Because YHWH knew that man would seek to do so first. I have found that man runs to create his own version of our creator in order to justify his own inner desire to follow his own instructions instead of those set forth by the creator. Mankind rejected the word then and mankind is rejecting it now. Yes, "aliens" have been seen in their ships throughout history. They are the fallen ones. Be careful of the deception that is unfolding and research this before you bash the Word. 2nd Thessalonians 2:7 -12 reads: 2Th 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness already is working, only he is holding back now, until it comes out of the midst.
2Th 2:8 And then "the Lawless One" will be revealed, "whom" "the Lord" "will consume" "by the spirit of His mouth," and will bring to nought by the brightness of His presence. Isa. 11:4
2Th 2:9 His coming is according to the working of Satan in all power and miraculous signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 and in all deceit of unrighteousness in those being lost, because they did not receive the love of the truth in order for them to be saved.
2Th 2:11 And because of this, God will send to them a working of error, for them to believe the lie,
2Th 2:12 that all may be judged, those not believing the truth, but who have delighted in unrighteousness.
Be very careful not to be deceived folks. You are being tested to search this out for yourself. I submit this to you with all meekness and love. Blessings to you all.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

You seem to have forgotten the Goddess Easter in your ramblings. Easter was a Fertility Goddess, that is where the bunny thing comes from. In Ancient Times, men and their wives would go out in the fields to make love, thus insuring a good crop.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I do not understand one thing at all and I ask this question in the spirit of seeking knowledge and understanding, not to bash or belittle. All through the physical world, with very few exceptions, creatures, including some plants and insects, are divided into two distinct genders. God is always referred to in the male context. Where is Mrs. God? Is there such a being? If not, WHY did the Lord create one, Eve?
Sometimes, I wonder if this physical world was created by Satan and everything corporeal is a sham or a perverted, twisted rendition of the spiritual world of God. God has suffered this to be done and is "testing" the souls that choose to try out the physical existence. It would be difficult for a spiritual entity to indulge in physical pleasures, after all. It is also extremely difficult, if not impossible, to obey ALL of the Commandments, e.g. Thou shalt not kill. One kills when one eats to sustain physical life.
There is a lot to ponder. I don't know the answers, but I believe I am tasked to ask as part of my spiritual growth into a being worthy of God's Kingdom.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baldryck
This whole post idea was nothing but to garner stars and flags from those who hate the bible. Good job.

If you think that about the post, then why participate at all? And it is not about "hating" anything. People are waking up to the fallacies of their belief systems and dogma, that's all.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sense9000

I wouldnt suggest believing in any religion that says that most of the worlds people will burn in hell for simply believing in the another faith. Most people are raised in their faith and believe it with the entirety of their heart. This goes for all religions and not just christianity. Although I do believe a lot of the moral teachings in the christian bible are great, I do not believe that everything in the bible is the word of god, as it claims to be. I do not wish to offend any christians. I was once a christian and still hold many of the beliefs close to my heart. However, christians need to be much more open-minded about questions asked of the bible and the possibilities that lie within the text.

I just so agree with you! I was exposed to both sides as a child, my Great Grandmother was a Gypsy, and taught the ways to her daughter, my Grandmother, who somewhat taught them to me. Her daughter, my Mother, got really scared when I was born, and became a holy rolling fundamental Christian from the word go. Mom saw me as a preacher. Isn't that just a Mom thing? But here were problems. I wasn't like other kids. I was really smart, and read a lot. I saw dead people, and sometimes talked to them. I saw other, "shining" beings, who gave me information, and comforted me. this did not go well with my Mom. She would often call me "Devil's Child," or "Anti-Christ." One time she has the preacher, the deacon, and two church ladies come to our house for three days in July to cast the demons out of me. I was 9 years old, and I will never forget how they looked, and how they smelled. They finally gave up, but told my Mom not to bring me to church anymore. Is this being open minded? Is this being a loving person? Is this turning the other cheek?

Christians, for the most part, live in very small boxes of knowledge. This knowledge comes from reading parts of the bible they are pointed to, coupled with what they are told in church, and what they learn in conversation with others. Soon anything not directly mentioned in the bible becomes evil and lies of the Devil. You show a Christian the Sumerian stories, and they are all fiction and myth, but they are many years older than the Bible, and yet it is taken as irrefutable truth! I have had Christians tell me that dinosaur bones were placed there by Satan to fool people. I have been told that God, and Jesus, wrote the Bible just as it is today.

The Time of Awakening is upon us, people. Time to leave the things of Earth with Earth, and move on to greener pastures, and cooler winds.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spock51

Satan was not even the 'bad guy' in the bible anyway.

Think about it. Who was ruthless, jealous, and wanted to rule over the humans with an iron hand?

Who wanted the humans to know good from evil, right from wrong and be intelligent? (think of the Garden of Eden story and why the Lord God got upset when the 'serpent=traitor' hipped Eve to knowledge)

Murder talley of the bible?

2,391,421+ - number of people in the bible, killed by God (not including flood victims)

10 - number of people in the bible, killed by Satan (as a bet in the story of Job)

Remember, the winner rights the history

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

That's very true. I remember reading somewhere that the word for Satan actually meant "obstacle," and that Satan wasn't so much a force/person who was against God and more a description of things that are in your way as you try to understand things or get places.

Wheel on your wagon broken? It's Satan's work. Doubting your faith? It's Satan's work. I think the power of Satan was greatly widened by the Christians, ironically making them the real Satanists, since others don't believe in Satan.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

That's very true. I remember reading somewhere that the word for Satan actually meant "obstacle," and that Satan wasn't so much a force/person who was against God and more a description of things that are in your way as you try to understand things or get places.

Wheel on your wagon broken? It's Satan's work. Doubting your faith? It's Satan's work. I think the power of Satan was greatly widened by the Christians, ironically making them the real Satanists, since others don't believe in Satan.

Very true!!

Luicfer (Satan) actually means light bearer (bringer of light)

Light=Intelligence, wisdom

That's what he was bringing to mankind in the Garden of Eden, until the Lord God showed up.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join