join

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

I think man created god

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

You need need to go back to Judges chapter 6 in the Bible.
25 That same night the LORD said to him, “Take the second bull from your father’s herd, the one seven years old.[a] Tear down your father’s altar to Baal and cut down the Asherah pole beside it. 26 Then build a proper kind of[c] altar to the LORD your God on the top of this height. Using the wood of the Asherah pole that you cut down, offer the second[d] bull as a burnt offering.”

Asherah was not the Wife of God she was a fertility goddess and the wife of Baal, not the one true God.

link   

Glad to hear that you're "outside the walls". That was one thing I really didn't see at all. The place I did research at was almost more of a theater, in that it put on (admittedly stunning) performances to draw people in. But helping someone on the street? Not part of their MO.

link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
you guys are absolutely abusing the word of god.

As for god making man in OUR image, It refers to the Holy trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God The holy spirit, He made us in the image of him, He put his spirit in US, and the father lives inside us, Cause we are his spirit.

Just clearing up when you got a little confused there.,

So, can you clear this up then?

Berei# - Genesis - Chapter 1 from the Torah
26. And God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, .........

Genesis 1:26 (King James Version)
26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Seeing how the 1st sentence of Genesis 1:26 is the same in the Torah as it is in the KJV, how can you say the OUR refers to the trinity when the Jewish religion does not believe in the trinity? The Torah was written long before the Christian religion.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

because so many christians are still carnal, and dont know how to handle persecution.

Me i just relax now, cause its a common thing this day in age, and only going to get worse xD.
The truth is it comes down to whether you choose to follow god or not, Hes not asking you, or telling you, but he has given you the choice.
In the end it comes down to where you stand with the creator in the afterlife

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by ChaosComplex

Absolutely, But given that said, The science of man Is evil, They have taken wisdom, and created up with the theory that God does not exist or did not create the world, that spontanious particles came together and everything evolved from a single piece of matter.

Im sorry but god said he Designed? the heavens(space) and the earth(matter)
This is my point that GODs science works on a level this human mind cannot fathom, Not until we get to heaven, All the mysteries of GOD will be revealed and he will reveal because the human man cannot understand the truth of God, But in the spirit, We know all things, cause our spirit is of God.

I hope you understand where im going with this, And that no mathematical equation or science that God has created man could use against him? i laugh at notation man haha xD, God is awesome, and my mind will never fathom his awesomeness, But i praise him and thankhim for his faithfulness and mercy, For its GOD that over all things said if we lack wisdom we should ask him for it, and he will freely give it, So
, What you may think God is and what i know he is, are two completely differant things, The truth is The bible says exactly who he is, And how much he loves us. Nothing can ever change that or change the way i feel about my heavenly father

Ok, I'm a devoted Christian, but you're freaking me out a little here.
Obviously, a lot of people have come and gone over the millennia, many not having a knowledge of science but having a strong faith in God. Science is not necessary to have faith, anymore than knowledge of Tetris...
Next, science does not oppose Christianity or the belief in God. The Bible says so. It says "oppositions of science, falsely so called" www.biblegateway.com... because people try to use science to oppose God, even though it does not. For example, the Big Bang Theory states we started from a microdot to form the universe. Of course, it's impossible to squeeze the unlimited universe into a dot, but that doesn't stop people from believing it, because science said it. A rational man would come to the conclusion that something spoke the dot and the universe into existence, just like it says God told us that He did in Genesis 1.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

well said

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
There had to be some process in the creation of the universe. I mean no matter how powerful, there is no way that every molecule and every atom were created instantaneously and simultaneously. That process is what we would call Science. It may be science FAAARRR more complicated than we understand, but science either way.
edit on 3/20/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

a dot?

how is that possible if matter can't be created or destroyed...

I would rather think all matter existed at that time...

link   

Originally posted by virraszto

As for god making man in OUR image, It refers to the Holy trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God The holy spirit, He made us in the image of him, He put his spirit in US, and the father lives inside us, Cause we are his spirit.

Sure, because the word for God in Genesis is Elohim, which is plural. Eloi is singular. Elohim is more than one. The Torah states that God is plural in its language. The Trinity comes into play when you see it says God made man in His image. It does not say images.

Seeing how the 1st sentence of Genesis 1:26 is the same in the Torah as it is in the KJV, how can you say the OUR refers to the trinity when the Jewish religion does not believe in the trinity? The Torah was written long before the Christian religion.

edit on 3/20/2011 by Jim Scott because: structure
edit on 3/20/2011 by Jim Scott because: structure

link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

I think man created god

Man has created thousands of gods. However, there is One True God.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I'll have to look into this, but this is exactly the kind of information I am seeking.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

we are no where near our peak of science knowledge it hasn't been that long since we figured out atomic energy and computers. if anything i still think we are still just starting to understand science and the universe

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

No problem Jim, great reply. I agree we didn't evolve from monkeys, just throwing the AA thing out as a possible topic of debate. You have proved my only point which is we can all have a discussion without attacking over differences of opinion.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

And what if the one true God is one that doesn't demand unquestioning worship? What single piece of evidence shows which version of God is correct?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosComplex
There had to be some process in the creation of the universe. I mean no matter how powerful, there is no way that every molecule and every atom were created instantaneously and simultaneously. That process is what we would call Science. It may be science FAAARRR more complicated than we understand, but science either way.
edit on 3/20/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

This feeling occurs to us as humans because we seek a rational explanation. However, it does not take into account the power of an all-powerful creator who can do anything He wants. He is not limited.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosComplex

I'll have to look into this, but this is exactly the kind of information I am seeking.

The Torah is just the first five books of the bible...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Everyone has thought that over the centuries and many have died because of that fact.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
My point is that there are entirely too many possibilities to settle on one belief set.

Some similarities I have found in a lot of religious texts:
-Beings came from the sky
-These beings were far more powerful and intelligent than anything on this planet.
-knowledge was shared with humans.
-The beings departed, back into the sky, a lot of stories indicate that they will return.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto

Its actually known as the Pentateuch, But The trinity is God, His spirit, His son, And GOD, they are all one, The funny thing is in genesis 3, taken from the torah for your reference

13. And the Lord God said to the woman, "What is this that you have done?" And the woman said, "The serpent enticed me, and I ate." יג. וַיֹּאמֶר יְ־הֹוָ־ה אֱ־לֹהִים לָאִשָּׁה מַה זֹּאת עָשִׂית וַתֹּאמֶר הָאִשָּׁה הַנָּחָשׁ הִשִּׁיאַנִי וָאֹכֵל:
14. And the Lord God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed be you more than all the cattle and more than all the beasts of the field; you shall walk on your belly, and you shall eat dust all the days of your life. יד. וַיֹּאמֶר יְ־הֹוָ־ה אֱ־לֹהִים אֶל הַנָּחָשׁ כִּי עָשִׂיתָ זֹּאת אָרוּר אַתָּה מִכָּל הַבְּהֵמָה וּמִכֹּל חַיַּת הַשָּׂדֶה עַל גְּחֹנְךָ תֵלֵךְ וְעָפָר תֹּאכַל כָּל יְמֵי חַיֶּיךָ:
15. And I shall place hatred between you and between the woman, and between your seed and between her seed. He will crush your head, and you will bite his heel." טו. וְאֵיבָה אָשִׁית בֵּינְךָ וּבֵין הָאִשָּׁה וּבֵין זַרְעֲךָ וּבֵין זַרְעָהּ הוּא יְשׁוּפְךָ רֹאשׁ וְאַתָּה תְּשׁוּפֶנּוּ עָקֵב:

HOW awesome is verse 15!, we can see jesus already being mentioned, And I shall place hatred between you and between the woman, and between your seed and between her seed. He will crush your head, and you will bite his heel." That christ destroyed satan, Gods seed, But he will bite our heel because satan is under the feet of christ.
So i think the revealing of the Holy trinity here speaks for itself, Being as The Son, is part of the trinity.
So how can you say that?

As for verse 1:26
"LET US" god was speaking, not only to what the NT reveals to be the rest of the trinity, But to the entire host of heaven, The angels, as well, "OUR IMAGE" likely refers to such qualities as reason, Personality, and wait for it "INTELLECT" and to the capacity to relate, To hear, to see and to speak, All of these are characteristics of GOD, which he chose to reproduce in mankind.

Dominion Over the earth", GOD created MAN to be his kingdom agent, To rule over and subdue the rest of creation, including the aggresive satanic forces which would soon infringe upon it.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join