It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by chr0naut

Your right, The sons of god (angels) are actualy physical spiritual beings, That on earth put thier seed into woman, And thats where you get your myths in other religions, or even greek mythology, The nephlilim, Say for example, They believe zues, or apollyon could have children here on earth, And everyone knows who satan is in greek mythology, So these men of old, and reknown, Were actually giants, goliath, Hercules, ect, mighty men with amazing supernatural powers, who dabled in witchcraft, This is the line that satan tried to use to destroy the line for jesus, By corrupting the line of God, But king david slayed all the nephilim that were left, But they say that the nephlilim have returned this day in age, and are living among us, (the parable of the wheat and tares), As jesus told

So let me get this straight, all of the other gods back then that got human chicks pregnant back then were myths, fantasy, stories. your god on the other hand is real and did get a human girl pregnant. So you know what the the greek myths were called back then...religion. Same for Egyptian myths and also the same for the christianity myth.

Actually, I think he's saying "all of the other gods back then" were real and just given their own cultural perception outside of the bible. Try re-reading it. He said they're actual physical beings, then said "thats where you get your myths in other religions, or even greek mythology" as in that's what most of the world considers these stories to be.

Criminy, that should not have to be explained. He wrote it right there, he's saying it's all based in reality and is the BASIS of what is considered in this modern era to be mythical.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Here is the main issues I see with religions today and that have always existed, people try to find differences in their religions, instead of finding similarities that connect their faiths.

Common things we all share is Love, Tolerance, and Compassion, well at least for most people. Time to start seeing what we all have in common, instead of trying to divide.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

Amen!

Most religions isolate. It isolates at all levels of human being. From the self, to the partnership, to the family, to the community and to the entire human race. It destroys communication!

I've been on the side of fundamentalism, so I think I have quite a bit of perspective. Religion isolates your own mind and causes a separation. You're split. You aren't whole. I really had to battle myself. Part of me wanted to be a free thinker and another part of me didn't want to give up my faith. The free thinker won.

And my religious family and friends think it's new age or the devil controlling my mind because I let him in. Which I find funny because they seem to think they know me better than I know myself. I find myself to be more awake and compassionate since I allowed myself to be a free thinker.

Imagine no religion.......hmm..I think I've heard that somewhere!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36

Christmas on December 25th is a pagan custom (one that the Orthodox don't adhere to) but Great Lent is perfectly scriptural. It is a time in which we emulate the 40 days Ya'hshuah spent fasting in the desert. If you read the Sermon on the Mount, you will see that Ya'hshuah called us to fast. It is a denial of the self and gives us control over our bodies. There is a lot to be said for the spiritual significance of fasting. It is a shame that Protestants had to throw out fasting to adhere to their Sola Fide dogma when fasting and doing good works is clearly taught in the New Covenant.

To the pagans the 40 days represents worship of Tammuz. This goes back to the OT in Genesis starting with Nimrod and his mother/wife. Nimrod set himself up as a God known as Baal. I originally thought it was RA, but someone else set me straight. After he died, his wife carried on with it claimed she herself was a goddess. Then went on to claim she was pregnant without relations with a man, and her baby was the reincarnation of Baal. Enter in Easter eggs here (I'll let you read the website I'll be referencing later on to show I'm not crazy).

Anyhow, the baby's was named Tammuz. We have Easter bunnies because Tammuz was fond of rabbits.
Later on in life he was killed hunting a wild pig. The mother who set herself up as a goddess "also proclaimed a forty day period of time of sorrow each year prior to the anniversary of the death of Tammuz. During this time, no meat was to be eaten."
The Pagan Origin of Easter

Ezekiel 8:13-14 "13He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do. 14Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD'S house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz."

I replied so you would know how lent can be considered pagan and how they could use Jesus' fasting to cover Tammuz worship.

You are right fasting and doing good works was taught by Jesus in the New Testament.

edit on 21-3-2011 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Oh people have, in varying degrees. One could easily prove, at the least, that the Abraham faiths are true, because most any pre Christian religion from Spain to Pakistan, and some would say Mayans, is actually linked to a small collection of beliefs and practices of hero worship from India. The only religions left after that are the godless religions of the east, the animalism of Africa, and the strange religions of Abraham. It being the most complex, oldest, and strange, would have to be true. Because it's not changed and was complex from the beginning. One of course could never prove either Islam or Christianity as the true religions. At the same time, one could argue that the godless religions of Asia are the only true ones, as for all intensive purposes, they have been the most stable and peaceful, or that the religions of African animailsm are true because they are the oldest and most steadfast.

In the end, the whole of the world can be reduced into 4 groups. Animalism, Abrahamic faiths, Indo-european pantheon, and atheistic cultural religions of the far east. Of which one is the best, I would make a stand for Christianity.

Hell, one could argue that they are all just the byproducts of the same religion. Animalsim being the religion of the lost civilizations who forgot their past, Abraham being the most recorded because of their tradition systems of multiple memory sources, indo European just being men trying to replace god and telling the same stories over with their kings and queens replacing the real people, and the far east being the result of those whom blatantly abandoned God for sake of their own pursuits of logic and betterment.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Well your sciences sure isn't 100% truth. You really think you came from a monkey when God says differently. I don't understand how you can be an intelligent person and think you came from a primate. How does one figure they are intelligent from this? And then they have the nerve to denounce the God of the bible who created us all and everything in it and claim themselves as "most educated" above others. That is simply ridiculous. Well, if I am ignorant in believing I was created, then I guess I'll be ignorant in Heaven.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Funny how you have no problem that god says he created humans from dirt though....
edit on 21-3-2011 by binomialtheorem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

We are made of dirt. Like it or not.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

So to answer your question, like i said before the only man whos words matter in the bible is Christs...

I dont think jesus words were so great. Some of the things he said were ok but others ...well here judge for yourself.

2 Thessaloinans #
The Lord Jesus ... In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God ... Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction.--1:7-9

Matthew #
Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn't the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. 5:17
Jesus recommends that to avoid sin we cut off our hands and pluck out our eyes. This advice is given immediately after he says that anyone who looks with lust at any women commits adultery. 5:29-30
Jesus says that most people will go to hell. 7:13-14
Jesus says that we should fear God who is willing and "able to destroy both soul and body in hell." 10:28
Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has "come not to send peace, but a sword." 10:34-36
Jesus had no problem with the idea of drowning everyone on earth in the flood. It'll be just like that when he returns. 24:37

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This message is for all religious people from all forms of worship: if you want to believe in God or Gods go right ahead, that is your faith and you all have the right .. So enjoy it while it still here folks,,, cause eventually All religions will become extinct. Why??? With one word I can answer it

TECHNOLOGY

That word will eventually become faith itself to all of us. Just think about what I am saying. Once you inject and allow technology to evolve and flourish with no restriction , it will eventually consume any iconic master presently ruling the masses.

For example , take Medicine , we now have the saying "50 is the new 30" . Well add 50 or 150 or 250 years, how long do you think we humans will be living in year 2250?

Then add Rocket Science or Physics to the picture and rate the present space program and add 250 years later . Where would we be? At what stage?

My point is WE will eventually become god like. I know its sound wacko and out there, but if we start living as long as the biblical characters( and it will eventually happen):

Adam
Seth
Enoch
Malhalalel
Noah
Cainan

*all lived 900+ years

Can you imagine if there was some way you could live for 500 years? Would you have the same view about Allah or Yahweh? So don't worry christians or muslims you and your offspring are fine ,,, for now.... But please don't think for a minute that faith or your man made holy books will have say or be a force to be reckon with once technology has become the answer for everything.

And I can guarantee you all( all you religious people )that I am dead right on for two simple reasons: one, I'm right about technology eventually taking over everything((or)) two, technology will be used incorrectly and we some how destroy ourselves and that off course includes all religions.

Religion goes hand in hand with Death. If death is stalled so will Faith for a God. Its very simple.

They only form of spirituality man should have is the passion for gnosis. Nothing more

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Realtruth and Reflection nailed it. Imagine a world where we focused on our similarities and not our differences. Lennon was on to something, doesn't hurt to dream.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

I'm not sure if this is entirely honest seeing as I can't find any examples of Tammuz liking rabbits and such outside of this rather obscure ministry. Regardless, you can't "accidentally worship" anything. Worship is intentional not a subconscious action. Even though I as an Eastern Orthodox observe Christmas and Pascha on different days than the Roman Catholics, I don't see them as worshiping pagan deities, because their worship is directed toward Christ, even if the customs are pagan. It's also recognized by them to have some pagan origins, but it isn't entirely pagan:

The egg is widely used as a symbol of the start of new life, just as new life emerges from an egg when the chick hatches out. The ancient Zoroastrians painted eggs for Nowrooz, their New Year celebration, which falls on the Spring equinox. The Nawrooz tradition has existed for at least 2,500 years. The sculptures on the walls of Persepolis show people carrying eggs for Nowrooz to the king.[citation needed] At the Jewish Passover Seder, a hard-boiled egg dipped in salt water symbolizes the festival sacrifice offered at the Temple in Jerusalem. There are good grounds for the association between hares (later termed Easter bunnies) and eggs, through folklore confusion between hares' forms (where they raise their young) and plovers' nests.[3] Furthermore, the hare has been commonly associated with springtime seasonal celebrations since antiquity by northern European pagans
See that Passover bit? Yeah, Ya'hshuah was Crucified on Passover as a sacrifice. Pagans don't hold a monopoly on decorated food. These accusations are simply sectarian nonsense.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Sorry, but I already saw the movie "The Star of Bethlehem", which describes what the star actually is. I couldn't even begin to start to describe what is stated in the movie. To me this is so awesome that aliens pale in comparison as to what actually happened in the heavens or sky during the time of Jesus birth. The only thing is only those who study the night sky and knows what they were looking for knew the meaning of what was happening. The star of Bethlehem did show brighter than the others. It was a one time event that has not been duplicated again. The even took long enough for the wise men to travel from the East to Bethlehem and find the child when he was older and out of the stable and in a house.

I read all 88 pages of the Tara Papers. For me to believe that, I would have to toss my Bible, Jesus, and all religion. The alien scientist created us. He or one of the others came back to help educate us to live better. Then what was the deal with dying on the cross, salvation, the second death, and many of the other doctrines in the Bible? I know they are all man made words for them to control us, right?

Death is the end. Somehow I suspect the aliens don't even know what happens after death. They can use what is there to rejuvenate life, and make new life forms. I don't see them creating life. I know they didn't create the cosmos and everything in it. Then I guess the only thing left to believe in is the big band theory, and evolution which doesn't explain much at all.

If it was the aliens who were dictating what is right and wrong, then there is no sin. There is no God who we are accountable to after we die. It could be said there is no spirit or soul. We should be free to do as we please, take what we want, and sleep with whom ever we want. There are no consequences other than the laws humans made to control other humans. The only reason for our existence is to work.

Why live, why struggle, why work? We really can be looked at as mutated parasites on this planet that only knows how to destroy it. I do say mutated, because that is what the alien scientist did to us. I can say parasite, because after the mutation the planet is now no longer our natural habitat. In order for us to survive, we have to destroy. If we shouldn't be here, we need to either move on to a new host or have a good portion of the population killed off so the host can survive. About sums it up?

Still wonder why the alien theory isn't more popular.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by binomialtheorem

We are made of dirt. Like it or not.

no....the quote "from dust to dust" meant from STAR dust to STAR dust

We are made from the same 'stuff' as the stars

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

Ancient Alien theory struggling to become popular because people (especially religious) want comfort.

Comfort in thinking that there is someone in the sky that has THEIR best interest in mind...

Comfort in thinking that someone is only 'testing' them because "God doesn't allow evil"

Comfort in thinking that someone "LOVES" them.

People don't like being uncomfortable...or alone

edit on 21-3-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
saw a few posts about it so i figured id chime in.

If you believe evolution you are a quack. There is 0 evidence. Only a collection of individual species some of which happen to look similar. Where are all the intermediate fossils? They do not exist. In fact there is more evidence supporting one single or several close 'creations'.

Also if folks would take the time to read, study, and learn they would find out that the overwhelming majority of 'fossils' are buried in sediment forms ONLY created and deposited by WATER. (Noah, Gilgamesh anyone) This is true for all the 'extinct' dino's and ice age creatures.

To further bury the half baked idea of evolution I will refer you to the scientifically sound 'RATES' study. Radioisotopes And The Age of the Earth. Now before I insert a link please please read up on the 'carbon dating' system, and read, study, learn. And you will find it is not a serious system only relative. The earth is apparently much much younger than we think. Now for RATES, here it is: creationwiki.org...
Basically some kind of massive 'Earth Event' drastically sped up the radioactive decay in the fairly recent past, but after that traumatic event things normalized.

Really one must totally give up the "western world view" and the thought that we are now more advanced than we've ever been. Much knowledge was lost with this "earth event" that our barbarian founded modern world does not comprehend. I dont get caught up thinking our western minded ancestors like cortes, polo, columbus "discovered" all these places.

Ive spent a lot of time lookin into stuff like this, and time and time again our 'super advanced' science falls flat on its face. I could post a lot of stuff but it would become such a long list most people wouldnt read. But the truth is really out there.
But for starters her are few good reads and things to watch
A video series called "The Pyramid Code", video called "Dragons or Dinosaurs", video "the case for christ"
Read "The Giza Powerplant", read as much as you can about tesla (a man of god i might add)

Those are good easy to digest places to start. But the evidence overwhelmingly supports creation.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Wademus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Actually we are not. Stars are made of hydrogen and helium you see. And we are neither plasma nor nuclear fusion.

What's so special about stars? They're not the coolest things out there. marveling at the fire is lazy and useless. Turn the fire into an engine and make things, now there's something cool.

Besides, you are adding your own terms to it. In fact, the bible states much later that stars and people are made of different things.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I do. I still believe in God. I'm a solidarity nut a lot of the time.

Sorry, you're wrong. The only reason I am with God is because there is no one else as good and loyal as he. I couldn't give a damn if he loved me or not or was with me or not. I love him because of who he is.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Actually we are not. Stars are made of hydrogen and helium you see. And we are neither plasma nor nuclear fusion.

What's so special about stars? They're not the coolest things out there. marveling at the fire is lazy and useless. Turn the fire into an engine and make things, now there's something cool.

Besides, you are adding your own terms to it. In fact, the bible states much later that stars and people are made of different things.

Same things, different arrangements. And even if you want to say 'different', are we not all bound by the same laws of gravity and electromagnetism?

Which brings me to another point, we know they are related yet we cannot figure out the unified theory. To bad teslas lab was destroyed, and all his work confiscated by the powers that be when he died. only to be "returned" afterwards after no doubt being thoroughly redacted.

Tesla knocked Einstein hardcore, Tesla later in life claimed to have a unified theory he was in the process of writing down, but he then died

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wademus

Honestly, if you'd done research on evolution, you would understand the various levels of strata and how fossils literally couldn't have gotten to where they were in a period afterward. Also, fossilization is a very VERY rare process, happening sometimes only a few times over a million years, and that's a lot of time! Since under the current theory, evolutionary traits change every 90,000 generations or so (might be a different number, heard it in biological anthropology class), that means that depending on the creature, you have literally thousands of traits changing every million years, multiply that into the number of billion years that life has existed on Earth and you get a decent idea of how things may have changed into what they are today.

You won't find every transitional species also because many times the branching species lived alongside the species that it originated from for a long time, or all of the one died.

Many human ancestors are known about because creatures killed us and our bones fell into an area far more prone to fossilization. This is not even related to religion. It is simply a scientific observation of how the rocks could have formed from organic matter, and we use many methods of the breakdown of radioactive isotopes in order to determine a general age at which something might be.

Religion can say what it wants, but evolution is certainly real.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex
[mo

Someone may have already stated this, but when it is talking about kinds it is referring to horses only have children that are horses. Humans only have humans for children. They don't give birth to apes, etc... A good site that helped me with understanding creation science is www.icr.org, it really proved to me the Bible is true and that evolution, macro evolution, does not happen in life/nature and is a man made concept. It's a lie. It also helps that I know some of the scientists personally that worked for ICR, Dr. John Baumgardner and Steve Austin.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
And to push back to the ancient times (preflood)

Genesis 6:2
the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

Dont forget before God pushed the "reset" button, there were beings on this planet beyond man and our capabilities who lived and bred with men. That all was wiped out by the flood. Think about the pressure required to create fossils. And think how science can in no way replicate that or even explain it. You cant go bury a dead horse in the mud by the river, it will simply dissolve into nothing. But lets say you almost instantly cover it in miles of water and meters of sediment and let it all get nice and compacted before easing up? There is your intense pressure, the only way it can be made on planet earth. Even the most powerful motors cannot hold much of a vaccuum.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join