It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

I was about to post the same thing. Simple matters are far above some people it seems. I'll continue to read this thread to see if anyone posted on the trinity found in his second question. 1 John 5:7

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Of course the bible, as we know it, is only a translation of a translation of a translation of an interpretation etc. etc etc. All we can read is the edited version of someone elses interpretation. There are in archives many books never released to the masses (IMHO) to keep control of the ignorant masses years ago, and maybe still the same today I'm sure if you believe in God or even if you don't you would assume that He/She/It would want you to have all the facts, maybe in the unreleased volumed we get an explanation of why the bible contradicts itself.I myself believe that we are all part of The Is,God,Nature whatever you choose to name it,and vice versa. Whatever the truth, rest assured you have not been given all the information so the best you can do is quote selected passages from selected books. Who knows ? Maybe the truth is out there in written form from millenia ago but trying to piece it together from less than half a jigsaw will lead to a skewed veiw and a guessing of appears in the final masterpiece. To quote Richard Bach (kinda) Imagine the universe as perfect as is possible (now sit back and actually try this). Be assured the Is did a much better job of it.
I thank you for your time and wish you all well
May angels sleep on your pillows and may your children if you have them be thrice blessed.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

This post begs a deeper explanation...... If nobody was born sinless after Adam and lost the spirit, then Mary was not the sinless young vessel that a lot of people believe..... interesting. So I guess that would be the reason why Jesus refers to Mary a woman and not mother and plus she is only refered to as a vessel of birth. Maybe the angel just set the newly formed Jesus/embryo into the womb and he was not actually half Mary dna and half God dna. I am a christian and never have I subscribed to the Catholocism view of a "holy mary" and we should pray to her. I do believe there is a lot more hidden meanings in the bible than is commonly refered to. I am a christian and it is an honor to God to look at the text and analyze them because it shows a thirst or hunger to search for him. Seek and you shall find. Be wise as serpent and gentle as a dove.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
you guys are absolutely abusing the word of god.

When it refers to one day is like a thousand years, Thats because god created time.... He existed before and outside the universe was formed, He created the firmament, And separated it between the heavens and heaven*.

As for god making man in OUR image, It refers to the Holy trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God The holy spirit, He made us in the image of him, He put his spirit in US, and the father lives inside us, Cause we are his spirit.

Just clearing up when you got a little confused there.,

GOD is not an elien, Or a ancient astronaught, He is not a ET that billions of years split his dna and erased mankinds sub concious, I wont sit here and listen to this trot man...... Its garbage, If you have a problem with the bible its not our problem its yours, So deal with it

Let me guess - your OPINION is based on the bible, right?

It just never ends.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
...or even if you don't you would assume that He/She/It would want you to have all the facts, maybe in the unreleased volumes we get an explanation of why the bible contradicts itself.

...doubtful. I think the versions of the Bible (and other holy texts)that are available to us right now (and throughout history) have been trimmed to achieve a certain effect. In the process, the stories start to become harder to understand, and even harder to separate the stuff worth reading, and the junk.
edit on 3/21/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

its not that we get angry or defensive about this.

But when you call god and alien being, Or some pysudo astronaut man, Its kind of degrading against the thought of God, because why would we need to look anywhere else to our creator>? we are made in HIS IMAGE, just look in the mirror, He is closer than our skin, because gods spirit is in us.

I have questioned the thought of elohim being an ET, but that just dosent make sense, Because we know who God is, He sent his son to the earth, God in the flesh.

Why are you so damn scared to question things?! How do you know this?
You're reading from a bible that is biased - leaning towards god's side. It's supposedly HIS word.
How the hell do you not know if HE'S not the bad one?

I can tell you why. One word: FEAR.

And yes - for the record - I believe your Yahweh was/is an ET.

Send me to hell for thinking that. I'll take it like a man.

And by the way - according to Genesis: We were made in THEIR images.

Don't even try to say it's the trinity, because god is not referred to as US any other time in the bible.
edit on 3/21/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

What im saying is that the bible was written by many different people at different times!

100% correct. In fact, the Pentateuch was not written by Moses.
It is a combination of 4 different texts that were established and taught to the Jews through Ezra.
(once agan the documentary hypothesis)

The same Jews who were held captive in Babylon.
And ironically enough, it was the Persian King Artaxerxes who gave the rubber stamp to the Torah as being the legitimate work of God.

I am never surprised at the knowledge that most believing Christians lack concerning their own religion.
edit on 3/21/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

But when you call god and alien being, Or some pysudo astronaut man, Its kind of degrading against the thought of God, because why would we need to look anywhere else to our creator>? we are made in HIS IMAGE, just look in the mirror, He is closer than our skin, because gods spirit is in us.

I have questioned the thought of elohim being an ET, but that just dosent make sense, Because we know who God is, He sent his son to the earth, God in the flesh.

Why are you so damn scared to question things?! How do you not know this?
You're reading from a bible that is biased - leaning towards god's side. It's supposedly HIS word.
How the hell do you not know that HE'S not the bad one?

hahaha, why so mad bro?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosComplex
****Let me start this by saying I am here to ask questions and learn. I have no intentions of bashing anyone for their beliefs, as I accept all ideas for thought.****

So I decided to start to read the Bible, and already in the first few minutes of reading I have a huge issue.

"1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

"after his kind" makes me think that these creatures were based on creatures that existed somewhere else...

"1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

What? Let US make? In OUR image? After OUR likeness? What the... How can no one have an issue with this?

edit on 3/20/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/20/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

"Kind" most likely refers to a divine grouping of animals into various classes. (i.e. Mammals, Amphibians, etc. Though, not necessarily following man's taxonomy.)

As for the latter, this is known as the "royal 'we'", or "majestic plural". You can read more about it here: en.wikipedia.org...

Also, many Christians believe that this is an illusion to the trinity (God in three persons). The word translated "God" or "Lord" in the creation story is Elohim. This noun is plural in the Hebrew, yet even the most open-minded Jew, or Christian, would translate it as "God" and not "Gods". The story would hardly make sense if translated in this way, since the verbs associated with the word Elohim are, in fact, singular (for the most part).

You are not the first to ponder this mystery. I myself find it quite fascinating.

Cheers,
Cody
edit on 21-3-2011 by DarkATi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
did no one watch zeitgeist? the whole religion thing was debunked.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by impaired

Why are you so damn scared to question things?! How do you not know this?
How the hell do you not know that HE'S not the bad one?

hahaha, why so mad bro?

That's irrelevant and it's attempting to derail my query.
I'm not angry - just extremely frustrated.
Like I said, however - that's totally irrelevant. Next please.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Since you don't believe in the Bible, then you wouldn't believe in my statement. I already knew some would scoff at it.

More of the reason I'm replying is to comment about your post to OneLife. If you are going to comment about something, please take the time to understand what is being said or locate the source to be able to understand it. Even as a Christian, I take the time to understand where others are coming from, or at least make the attempt to if I can't fully understand.

OneLife is commenting about the Terra Papers. The Terra Papers supposedly came from an alien that crash landed after his ship was shot down. This was shortly after the UFO crashed at Roswell. Some Indians found the ship and took care of the alien. After awhile the alien came to trust the Indians, and told his story. The story was put down in what is now known as the Terra Papers. The story goes like this.

In essence it is about an galactic war where two groups of aliens made an agreement to strengthen their hold on this part of the galaxy from others, and not to wipe each other out. After the agreement a new star system was born, ours. They called Earth Terra, which was also called a paradise. Due to infighting and which son gets to get the throne, Terra got destroyed. A bulk of Terra stopped before colliding with the sun. Some of the infighting stopped, and their genesis scientist who was also of noble birth had a group that was suppose to transform the largest part of Terra back to its former beauty, which he did. Terra/Earth was now the pride and joy.

The other son of noble birth was given Terra to rule. Now you have two brothers on Terra. One the ruler and the other the scientist. They both hated each other. Terra was also being harvested for its minerals, gold, and etc. The workers were complaining, and the environment was not suitable for them. The scientist came and took natural animals that were forming or formed, and re-created them to be work animals to help the workers. The workers were still complaining, so the scientist created us to work in the place of the other workers. The scientist with royal blood also used his own DNA to create us to get back at his brother. Because we have royal DNA, we are suppose to be able to claim Earth for our own if we ever find out there are aliens. We were now seen as beasts of burden and built to work. We were able to go in what was known as the garden center or the garden of Eden.

The ruler hated us, and didn't care if we lived or died. He rather see us destroyed, and so worked us to death. For revenge the scientist went into the garden center, and told us we could be like them in that the could choose when, where, and with whom they want to make love. They didn't have to go by his brothers strict reproduction laws. When his brother found out, he kicked all beasts of burden/us out of the garden who wouldn't fall in line with his reproduction code. Therefore the women would no longer have access to birth chambers which would take away the pain of childbirth. He thought those outside of the garden would die in the wilderness. The scientist came to their rescue.

The ruler was so angry that he had one of the large ships coming in change the axis of the Earth, which caused the flood. He hoped all the beasts would die. They could repopulate the earth with the other animals. The scientist saved the beasts. Continue on ... the aliens were the old Gods the Greeks and Egyptians that people worshiped. Continue on... there was more infighting, a sect of one of the other races took over Terra/Earth. They live underground -- the reptiles, and let us live up on the ground. They control us by controlling our governments. They created some type of magnetic shield over the Earth so the other aliens can communicate with us.

So the war continues to this day. The prize is Terra/Earth and the beasts of burden/humans the alien created.

Interesting si-fi story in which the aliens would be interested in Earth and us.

I believe this was created by someone who refused the creation story in the Bible and saw problems with Darwin's evolution. They wanted to believe in something, so they gave themselves something to believe in. Or it could have been an alien/devil in disguise to give the story to counter creationist point of view that there are animals that simply could not have evolved. They had to be created. Now instead of having to believe in God, you can now believe in aliens, or that God is an alien. Otherwise you can believe we just exist, and who cares where we came from.

I will always believe this is the devils work and lie. Already one person if not more believe in the possibility of this if not believe in it.

If it is the devil's work, why did I spread it? It gives insight on the possible next move of Satan to attack Christians and the Bible. God is an alien has already started to spread around various parts of ATS. If Satan and his demons really do start to appear to us as aliens, he can knock aside the Christian creation story, and God himself. He can then say hey you humans were created, here's how and why. We are your god. Then many more will be deceived. The Bible says if God didn't shorten time, even the elect will be deceived. Maybe this is why God will need to shorten time. Christians will have to stand by our faith more so than ever before.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

This mindset is by and large a common misconception. Yes there are translator biases in all Bibles, but we know that the canonical Gospels were all written before A.D. 100 even if they weren't brought together and established until a century later. There's the Didache which dates to 100 A.D. which contains the entire teachings of the Sermon on the Mount minus a narrative with fasting instructions, details of liturgical structure, and how to tell a true prophet and apostle from a Charlatan. We also know that the OT has been exceptionally well kept since the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls which pre-date Christianity by centuries. Then there is the Septuagint which was the first complete OT which is very very close to the Masoretic text except with a wider Canon and pre-dates everything else by centuries. I would be very wary of this mindset, because (and this is my opinion) TPTB will undeniably take advantage of it. The Beast and False Prophet will supposedly provide a complete "uncorrupted" Bible to support their claim on the world (I think they'll pull it out of the depths of the Vatican myself). So, I ask that you keep an open mind about Christianity and how well we understand our own faith.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

Ezekiel 1 (New International Version, ©2011)
4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, 6 but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. 8Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.
10 Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. 11 Such were their faces. They each had two wings spreading out upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body. 12 Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. 13 The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. 14 The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning.

AND ALSO IN REVELATIONS
Revelation 4

After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” 2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3 And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and ruby. A rainbow that shone like an emerald encircled the throne. 4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. In front of the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits[a] of God. 6 Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.
In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. 8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“‘Holy, holy, holy

is the Lord God Almighty,’

who was, and is, and is to come.”

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:

11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.”

I believe in GOD but probably not in the way that was mandated of me in school and church

hopes this helps a little bit

edit on 21-3-2011 by SILENT1FALCON because: found verse

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I thought we are supposed to "Deny Ignorance" but most of you are showing how
Ignorant you are by the things you are saying!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Of course, because everyone that don't agree with you is ignorant in your own mind. Typical....

link   

Originally posted by agentblue
reply to post by Jim Scott

This post begs a deeper explanation...... If nobody was born sinless after Adam and lost the spirit, then Mary was not the sinless young vessel that a lot of people believe..... interesting. So I guess that would be the reason why Jesus refers to Mary a woman and not mother and plus she is only refered to as a vessel of birth. Maybe the angel just set the newly formed Jesus/embryo into the womb and he was not actually half Mary dna and half God dna. I am a christian and never have I subscribed to the Catholocism view of a "holy mary" and we should pray to her. I do believe there is a lot more hidden meanings in the bible than is commonly refered to. I am a christian and it is an honor to God to look at the text and analyze them because it shows a thirst or hunger to search for him. Seek and you shall find. Be wise as serpent and gentle as a dove.

There was no requirement for Mary to be sinless. The body of Jesus was not different from ours. The difference in Jesus was in His Spirit. He had the Spirit of God. Jesus had to be 100% man in the flesh, and 100% God in the Spirit for His sacrifice to be able to cover the sins of all mankind. Mary was a blessed vessel, nothing more. The DNA was created by God, who, of course, created all things. God can do anything He wants. I take it at face value, and I admire Mary but do not worship her. I do think she should be held up as an example to women, but she is not worthy of godhood.

link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

Troll troll is troll

Addendum: Oh nvm I thought you were supporting Zeitgeist

Carry on my good man
edit on 21-3-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

That is not true.

I invite you to watch this BBC made for TV documentary that concerns this very same subject.

And it is presented by a Christian theologian.

I could not repeat this enough, what 99% of Christians believe and what their same scholars believe are drastically different.

Google Video Link

After watching, you will be surprised at how much this backs up what is stated in Zeitgeist.
edit on 3/21/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

That was pretty intereresting tale indeed. If it is fake, whoever made it up has one hell of an imagination, that's for sure.

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join