It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by ChaosComplex

Sorry, when it comes to the mind of God, mankind is limited to understanding. The only way, and a lot don't want to do this, is to give yourself over to Christ. You need to become spiritual in order to understand the teachings of Christ, and also to understand what is written in the old testament. You won't get it otherwise.

And here we go again.

thats not necessarily true...

Hello Akragon, are you as cute in person as your avatar?

What's not necessarily true?

Of course

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
If god wanted us to worship plants and numbers, Patterns and figures, he would have said make a statue of a pine cone in rememberance of the sacred geometry, And of the pineal gland that you sub conciouslly create a song called God.

No, The bible speaks alot about creation and the hidden knowledge of God, Read job. He questioned God and got awnsers

Hmmm...where to start...Beginning? OK, sounds good to me too.

I said nothing of worship. I'm 99% positive the only time worship was mentioned by myself was in reference to the alleged double negative.

!!!!!KNOWLEDGE!!!!!
Key term!! We have this uncanny ability to learn things...and apply them! Obviously whatever created us would want us to take FULL advantage of it.

Didn't Job kinda tempt God or something like that?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

(Just getting into the spirit of this conversation, no personal commentary intended...)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Of course? god has created all things in accordance for there purpose.

One of the golden laws of mankind is "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
Bhuddist's call it karma, I would know because i used to believe in karma, And truth is, It dont work, Only gods word does

interesting how you like to deal with definitives...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Sacred geometry is used alot in muslim faith?
Any coinsidences?.

I believe in quantum faith, That god can manipulate matter to his will because he is GOD.
But if jesus said to study sacred geometry, Im sure it would be used alot more in todays age, but its not, Only by drug users, new agers, And eastern demonic religions

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

(Just getting into the spirit of this conversation, no personal commentary intended...)

Oi!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Job tempted God, and questioned who he really was, What knowledge he has and the true existance of him.

And i think job got a bit more than he could take.
But god honoured job's heart because he asked God and God cannot lie, Nor do wrong.
Most of god's awnsers man still cannot figure out

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Oi!

I know, just thought I'd say Hi

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Sacred geometry is used alot in muslim faith?
Any coinsidences?.

I believe in quantum faith, That god can manipulate matter to his will because he is GOD.
But if jesus said to study sacred geometry, Im sure it would be used alot more in todays age, but its not, Only by drug users, new agers, And eastern demonic religions

That was the most ridiculous thing I've read on here in a while. Right up there with "Dolphins caused the Tsunami!! Hardcore proof INSIDE!!"

Drug users? Demonic religions? No.
Because it's displayed in everything you experience. Numbers are associated with with anything you can imagine.
Jesus was supposed to be a carpenter. Perfect job for a guy with limitless knowledge of all that is...

link   

Oi!

Killin my grove man...

link   
We know that there are divine beings that deceive from Genesis 6. The war in heaven will happen as stated in Revelation. Daniel also talks of war in Heaven. The is spiritual war within all of us. We wrestle not with flesh and blood... The illusion of reality and the warfare is not in the flesh, but in the spirit. The spiritual high places are not bound by time like we see time. There is just the ever present now since God does not change. We are within God since nothing exists outside of him. The war will (has) vanquish(ed) evil. Unless you think there is a chance God will fail, then there is no future. He has already succeeded, which indicates the fact that what we see pass by us now has already been seen and experienced by God in totality. He is not bound by time. We are bound by our frame within the story. It's a forest you move through and witness. You are the witness, not the judge. Then again, I am wrong, as only I can be.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
I didn't mention the Bhagavad Gita or the Koran. I was replying to someone who did. I prefer the Dhammapada. 500 years before Christ and this represents Buddha searching for the enlightenment that Jesus brought to the world. I value it as a perspective only. An earlier post on the Koran tells what I think of Muhammad. He was a fallen man like any other. His words were from an angel. By his fruit, I would say a fallen angel may be the case. He represents Ishmael in the Bible so the promise to his seed can be found there. Muslims will recognize Christ and bow a knee like the rest of us. God's grace is for all people.

reply to post by SuperiorEd

My friend i've read every word the man had to say, even the ones that arn't in the bible... Truth incarnate is all i can say about Jesus...

Theres also many references in the bible about reincarnation, not to mention the bhagavad gita and the koran, they're just hard to find

edit on 21-3-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

You said fallen angel...

Do you believe a war in heaven took place?

link   

Yes, I guess they can be, Hello to you too, mysticnoon.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
We may not be able to figure it out yet, but we are still a young species.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Oi!

Killin my grove man...

Don't mean to

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

We know that there are divine beings that deceive from Genesis 6. The war in heaven will happen as stated in Revelation. Daniel also talks of war in Heaven. The is spiritual war within all of us. We wrestle not with flesh and blood... The illusion of reality and the warfare is not in the flesh, but in the spirit. The spiritual high places are not bound by time like we see time. There is just the ever present now since God does not change. We are within God since nothing exists outside of him. The war will (has) vanquish(ed) evil. Unless you think there is a chance God will fail, then there is no future. He has already succeeded, which indicates the fact that what we see pass by us now has already been seen and experienced by God in totality. He is not bound by time. We are bound by our frame within the story. It's a forest you move through and witness. You are the witness, not the judge Then again, I am wrong, as only I can be.

I didn't mention the Bhagavad Gita or the Koran. I was replying to someone who did. I prefer the Dhammapada. 500 years before Christ and this represents Buddha searching for the enlightenment that Jesus brought to the world. I value it as a perspective only. An earlier post on the Koran tells what I think of Muhammad. He was a fallen man like any other. His words were from an angel. By his fruit, I would say a fallen angel may be the case. He represents Ishmael in the Bible so the promise to his seed can be found there. Muslims will recognize Christ and bow a knee like the rest of us. God's grace is for all people.

reply to post by SuperiorEd

My friend i've read every word the man had to say, even the ones that arn't in the bible... Truth incarnate is all i can say about Jesus...

Theres also many references in the bible about reincarnation, not to mention the bhagavad gita and the koran, they're just hard to find

You said fallen angel...

Do you believe a war in heaven took place?

Alright but this war in heaven already happened, which was why satan was cast down to earth correct?

What im asking you is do you believe...an angel would disobey his creator? Do they have free will?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosComplex
We may not be able to figure it out yet, but we are still a young species.

Humans been at this thing like forever, some has and some haven't.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The war in Heaven came down to earth when Satan was cast down and given dominion over the air of the earth.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
So...

What about this stuff about creating Eve from Adam's rib...

Pretty much sounds like it's describing surgery more advanced than what we can do today.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

The war in Heaven came down to earth when Satan was cast down and given dominion over the air of the earth.

Do you always reply to yourself?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

it was a story...im sure theres a deeper meaning but i don't read much into it

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join