It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They came............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
One of the Freemasons stopped by today .....he asked my wife and i a few questions and answered any that we had . He must have been about 150 years old.
None the less he was quite insightful and quite the character.. As he was leaving he said that 2 more would be stopping by but he did not know who they would be..Against what i told my wife she took down her Black Sabbath posters.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
did they come over for some reason? or was that just completely random?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blanketgirl
did they come over for some reason? or was that just completely random?

He had applied for membership in his local Lodge, and someone from the Lodge's membership committee came out to interview him.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hi Masonic Light,

just a point of interest.. what does "Fiat Lvx" mean? I'd been meaning to ask you.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
Hi Masonic Light,

just a point of interest.. what does "Fiat Lvx" mean? I'd been meaning to ask you.

Its latin for "The Light Strengthens"

Or at least that is one possible translation. I'm not sure the how masons translate it or which base/stem fiat has.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

Ahh.. it's a U written like a V, roman style. Fiat Lux makes sense! cheers for that

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet

Ahh.. it's a U written like a V, roman style. Fiat Lux makes sense! cheers for that

I already asked him. He told me that Latin has no "u", so v was used to denote the same sound.

He said it's pronounced "Lewks"

The translation he told me was "Let there be light".

BTW - good luck Antonio

[edit on 7/22/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
well thanks a lot fellas .... now all i have to do is buy my black cape and antlers and i'm in

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
[

Lewks huh? Thats modern latin like the catholic church uses. Also common with neocults of satan. Interesting since this would mean they aren't just using Latin in writing but as a spoken language.

Romans from imperial times would say "Fee-ah-t L-uh-ks"

And for the record Romans had no U, W, or J.

V was pronouced as Wuh (W sound) or Uh (U sound) depending on the word. Yes, it was a vowel and a conconent.

I was prounces Ee or Juh (short I or J sound)

Ivlivs Gaevs Ceasar (Juilius Ceasar) was pronouced "Eee-oo-lee-uh-s G-eye-us K-eye-sar"

Same letters as english, but several different pronunciations.

Latin was the easiest language I ever learned. It so feircly predictable its mostly just a matter of memorizing widely used rules and vocabulary. Very few special cases.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Quest]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
[

Lewks huh? Thats modern latin like the catholic church uses. Also common with neocults of satan. Interesting since this would mean they aren't just using Latin in writing but as a spoken language.

Romans from imperial times would say "Fee-ah-t L-uh-ks"

And for the record Romans had no U, W, or J.

V was pronouced as Wuh (W sound) or Uh (U sound) depending on the word. Yes, it was a vowel and a conconent.

I was prounces Ee or Juh (short I or J sound)

Ivlivs Gaevs Ceasar (Juilius Ceasar) was pronouced "Eee-oo-lee-uh-s G-eye-us K-eye-sar"

Same letters as english, but several different pronunciations.

Latin was the easiest language I ever learned. It so feircly predictable its mostly just a matter of memorizing widely used rules and vocabulary. Very few special cases.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Quest]

I don't know about all that, I was just telling muppet what Masonic Light told me. I'm no linguist.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANTONIO
well thanks a lot fellas .... now all i have to do is buy my black cape and antlers and i'm in

Nah, don't go buy any antlers...we'll give you those as part of your initiation fee.

..but a black cape would be a nice touch. A bit eccentric, of course, but I like that idea....

Regards,

new topics

top topics

join