It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan crisis: 'There’s no food, tell people there is no food’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost

Originally posted by Akragon
How can there be no food...

Better question is why are they charging money for food at a time like this...?

I don't understand...

There is emergency food and water available- in Tokyo and other large surrounding cities. As I stated earlier, my guess is that many areas devastated by the tsunamis to the north of Tokyo are just too radioactive right now to justify sending rescue aid in.
edit on 20-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

All the while they have numerous helicopters flying and water trucks with personell supplied for many hours a day, directly in the area of source where this radiation is at its highest levels,

there is no excuse for not providing all neccessary resources for the survival of peoples emergency needs, common requirements such as clean water and radiation free food should be high priority in supply to those living in areas away from the main hubs, or at the very least be given the support to evacute from these zones of no go to much safer and resource available places of residence.
edit on 20-3-2011 by redgy because: spelling mistakes

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by redgy

Originally posted by Akragon
How can there be no food...

Better question is why are they charging money for food at a time like this...?

I don't understand...

There is emergency food and water available- in Tokyo and other large surrounding cities. As I stated earlier, my guess is that many areas devastated by the tsunamis to the north of Tokyo are just too radioactive right now to justify sending rescue aid in.
edit on 20-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

All the while they have numerous helicopters flying and water trucks with personell supplied for many hours a day, directly in the area of source where this radiation is at its highest levels,

there is no excuse for not providing all neccessary resources for the survival of peoples emergency needs, common requirements such as clean water and radiation free food should be high priority in supply to those living in areas away from the main hubs, or at the very least be given the support to evacute from these zones of no go to much safer and resource available places of residence.
edit on 20-3-2011 by redgy because: spelling mistakes

Either there is a high radiation risk keeping the supplies out, or they are just incompetent

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It's quite sad, cause the U.N/NATO are launching hundreds of missiles into Libya in order to kill people, I'm pretty sure they've launched over $100 million worth of missiles and bombs..now

I bet the starving people of Japan could have used all of that in the form of food and water.

welcome to planet Earth folks

That's basically what I said the other day in a thread I started, and I got my head chewed off by I bunch of war mongering ATS'rs.

When I saw the (mostly) black people in New Orleans victimized by Katrina get abandoned and cut off from rescue efforts, I thought it must be racism. When I saw the people of Haiti be forgotton after a few weeks I thought, it must be lack of US financial interest. Now that I see the Japanese mostly abandoning their own people and the world following suit, I'm starting to thing it's something else entirely....

Evil.

edit on 21-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

i agree, what the hell have people been donating for if they are not making sure there is food?

www.nytimes.com...

www.express.co.uk...

au.news.yahoo.com...

there is no excuse for no food, governments have promised aid and charities are raking it in, what was the point of donating if it does not even make a difference!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhostEither there is a high radiation risk keeping the supplies out, or they are just incompetent

There is a third possibility.

edit on 21-3-2011 by richaado because: sp

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I've donated money myself and I'm quite upset to hear this.
I wasn't donating money for recovery and rebuilding efforts I donated money to help them in the here and now.
For food, water and bedding/clothes.
It seems they are holding money back to help whoever survives this rather than helping these people survive.
I'm ringing the organisation that I donated to (i donated at my bank but I think that was on behalf of some other organisation ) to find out what is going on. I'll mention this story to them.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If anyone donates anything it should be canned food, not money.

Learn from other disasters, every time anyone donated money it went to some corrupt leader or organization, look what happened with Bill Gates and Bono's money and where it went.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

It seems they are holding money back to help whoever survives this rather than helping these people survive.

I get the impression from posters on the scene that somebody has decided to prioritize Tokyo over the rest of the country. Tokyo's food supplies have been refurbished after brief shortages. The power and lights have been kept on in Tokyo - no rolling black outs.

Just like keeping the young alive takes priority over caring for the old, they may see it more important to keep the business capital vibrant at the expense of out-lying and more rural areas.

I think the Japanese can be cold hearted and pragmatic when they want/need to be. Human values; especially individual ones, take second place to economy by the looks of it.
edit on 3/21/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Japan is an economic superpower, a very wealthy nation. The way they have been handling this seems to point to a very low value being put on individuals and life. There just is no other answer. The vast majority of Japan was basically untouched in any ongoing way by this. As someone mentioned, it is a simple matter to convey supplies endlessly to wherever needed.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: moved to start thread

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Have heard reports that UNICEF Japan has made statements that some of the proceeds of the earthquake/tsunami relief may be used for other causes. Wish one could simply send food over there.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

This is beyond pathetic. I know the rescuers- including military- are all overwhelmed, but there is absolutely no excuse for them to not be dropping food and water supplies off by military helicopters. They have had over a week to do this, and many areas have had nothing dropped off. Nothing.

Why? Are certain areas affected by the tsunami too radioactive? One has to wonder.

Good point. When I saw the helicopters spraying water over the radioactive plants, all I could think of was 911. All the helicopters did there was take pictures, and there was NO radiation! What a difference! I should think they would be dropping food and water on the survivors, since they were willing to spray it on a hot nuke mishap.

Maybe they are simply overwhelmed and can't reach out to everyone?
edit on 21-3-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Could it be that they are supplying Tokyo's needs because this is where the media are based to show them and the world life has returned to normal?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Have heard reports that UNICEF Japan has made statements that some of the proceeds of the earthquake/tsunami relief may be used for other causes. Wish one could simply send food over there.

They need to focus moneys and efforts on rescue and evacuations in the entire northern and eastern prefectures of Japan affecting millions of people.

As heartbreaking as this food crisis is, leaving hundreds of thousands quake/tsunami survivors stranded and exposed to a spreading and intensifying radioactive cloud with no supplies, damaged infrastructure and no way out needs to be a top priority now.. Why hasn't this been done long before now?

This is really sad, and beyond frustrating, these people should have already been evacuated.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

d*mn, I have donated to unicef and the japanese red cross. I thought I could trust at least those 2. Doctors without Borders I considered, however I am not sure anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join