It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan crisis: 'There’s no food, tell people there is no food’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Japan’s survivors scavenge for food in aftermath of tsunami

The unshaven man in a tracksuit stops his bicycle on the roadside and glances over his shoulder to check that he is unobserved. Satisfied, he reaches quickly into the sludge-filled gutter, picks up a discarded ready-meal and stuffs it into a plastic carrier bag.

In another time, another place, Kazuhiro Takahashi could be taken for a tramp, out scavenging for food after a long night on the bottle. In fact, he is just another hungry victim of Japan’s tsunami trying to find food for his family.

“I am so ashamed,” says the 43-year-old construction worker after he realises he has been spotted. “But for three days we haven’t had enough food. I have no money because my house was washed away by the tsunami and the cash machine is not working.”

Read more at:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Things are very bad in Japan right now, but isn't it funny that the Nikkei is way up. Also, I hope this opens the eyes of many people. SHTF can happen anywhere, be prepared!

Also, how long does it take to get aid to these people?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So very sad and feel so helpless. All of these events around the world these days are making me feel ill and I just can't sleep anymore. It seems to me that the poor people of Japan and the still devastated region of Queensland are all being forgotten about quickly with the new problems in Libya.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I hope China doesn't ship them plastic rice.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
now they are saying the food is being contaminated. They even found a radiation particle right outside of Tokyo either today or yesterday..it is so so sad..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is beyond pathetic. I know the rescuers- including military- are all overwhelmed, but there is absolutely no excuse for them to not be dropping food and water supplies off by military helicopters. They have had over a week to do this, and many areas have had nothing dropped off. Nothing.

Why? Are certain areas affected by the tsunami too radioactive? One has to wonder.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's quite sad, cause the U.N/NATO are launching hundreds of missiles into Libya in order to kill people, I'm pretty sure they've launched over $100 million worth of missiles and bombs..now

I bet the starving people of Japan could have used all of that in the form of food and water.

welcome to planet Earth folks

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The entire problem with all of this, are we getting the truth about all of this?

Seems like the news is starting to look at Libya, so are we to assume that everything is OK in Japan. Obama even seems to have stopped talking about it. Is the radiation so bad over there that they can't get food in?

(what is the condition of the reactors)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
From the same article-

Perhaps that too is hiding Japan’s shame, but they might be less sanguine if they could see the empty highways that remain closed to all to but emergency vehicles, yet still connect Tokyo to Ichinomaki in just four-and-a-half hours’ drive and could, surely, be used to carry some emergency food and fuel.

link
Yep, sounds like elevated radiation levels is the reason for their abandonment. What other reason would they not be driving supplies from Tokyo to Ichinomaki town on unblocked highways, just 4 1/2 hours away?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is a terrible trajedy. I'm going to pray for the Japanese people that God will provide for them in this horrible time. But I would like to say to the people that think something like New Orleans couldn't happen in Japan, just watch. That is carnal human nature to begin looting and stealing when there is no food to eat and water to drink. Whatever culture you come from, your manners and morals go out the door when your starving to death. That is what I need some of you to understand. The Japanese were simply more prepared than the residents of New Orleans.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

Right that was what I was thinking too. Seems the entire planet is suffering under the same criminal minded regimes. There is no excuse for anyone to go hungry, dirty, thirsty or without. It is as planned as the meltdown.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone will be around to make a documentary of this disaster? This is big. That radiation has got to go somewhere. And it will. None of us will go unscathed by this. Bless the Japanese. Bless us all.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Everything is fine folks nothing to worry about move along, focus on Libya and the evil Mummar Ghaddafi

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
No food ? There is plenty of food and money,lots and lots of money,but where is it all? The poor struggling banks couldnt wait,they need it now www.mail.com...
Japan's central bank injects new cash into markets

TOKYO (AP) — Japan's central bank has injected billions of dollars into financial markets for a third day to ease the impact of last week's quake

Yeah that should ease the impact.
Its enough to make you

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

As long as the elite keep their money...and I wonder who will be paying the bill to keep on injecting cash into the system.....wonder when this money printing is going to blow up the entire global economy.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

I'm still feeling the old devastation in Hatti..Things are so bad around the world...I pray that they will get better...
My Aunt is a federal worker in Ohio and she was very upset because she will lose $800.00 dollars a month after "the bill 5 " issues.The other day she called and I asked her how is it going? She said,"I can't complain sinces this happened in Japan.I feel so selfish to complain about my loses.when they have lost their families and thier homes."

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
How can there be no food...

Better question is why are they charging money for food at a time like this...?

I don't understand...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I don't understand...

There is emergency food and water available- in Tokyo and other large surrounding cities. As I stated earlier, my guess is that many areas devastated by the tsunamis to the north of Tokyo are just too radioactive right now to justify sending rescue aid in.
edit on 20-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost
This is beyond pathetic. I know the rescuers- including military- are all overwhelmed, but there is absolutely no excuse for them to not be dropping food and water supplies off by military helicopters. They have had over a week to do this, and many areas have had nothing dropped off. Nothing.

Why? Are certain areas affected by the tsunami too radioactive? One has to wonder.

true! we get stuff to buttf""k pakistan and ganistan and where ever!

we know where these people ARE!

heat/elec is a problem, clothing, food and water, should be a breeze!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I don't understand...

There is emergency food and water available- in Tokyo and other large surrounding cities. As I stated earlier, my guess is that many areas devastated by the tsunamis to the north of Tokyo are just too radioactive right now to justify sending rescue aid in.

sorry my friend but that sounds bad.

people ARE there, living~! more or less!

how long does a drop take!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

I don't understand...

sorry my friend but that sounds bad.

people ARE there, living~! more or less!

how long does a drop take!

I am almost certain they have the resources and supplies to make helo drops into inaccessible areas nearby, or to drive supply trucks into those nearby areas that are accessible by road. But one has to wonder why it hasn't been done yet...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join