It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Libya Psyops, Caught by Online Sleuths: Listen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Secret Libya Psyops, Caught by Online Sleuths: Listen

www.wired.com

The U.S. military has dispatched one of its secret propaganda planes to the skies around Libya. And that “Commando Solo” aircraft is telling Libyan ships to remain in port – or risk NATO retaliation.

We know this, not because some Pentagon official said so, but because one Dutch radio geek is monitoring the airwaves for information about Operation Odyssey Dawn — and tweeting the surprisingly-detailed results. On Sunday alone, “Huub” has identified the tail numbers, call signs, and movements of dozens of NATO aircraft: Italian fighter jets, American tankers, British aerial spies,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Dam, first time I ever heard any of this. One of the USAF C-130 Psycops is located near me and I know they are always flying during missions like this.

Well, sounds like a good warning but will it be deemed legal and justified?

I think it is a little too late.... Well actually, a lot too late.

Obama, you're a Johny Come Lately.... again. People don't even expect you to bo a leader anymore.... They know you aren't.

Gonna be a little hard beating him on the ground efforts with most of the resistance killed or beaten down already.....

"With friends like these....." Must be a popular saying in Lybia right about now.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
We need more something like this.

So where can one get Online Sleuths?
edit on 20-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Unfortunatly, this is EXACTLY what is going to get us banned or monitored on the internet, on we can listen to.

For the sake of National Security will be here shortly. ANYTHING wil be used for the sake of National Security. And...helping the enemy.

Watch... Could even be a setup to get the wheels moving to ban us.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What is surprising about this?

Such broadcasts would be in plain language, on well known radio bands - precisely so that everyone would hear them - especially the skippers of commercial vessels.

there wouldn't be much use keeping them secret!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This guy is an idiot, its one thing to listen in on frequencies used by coalition aircraft but to tweet that # as soon as you hear it, thats childish and its going to get somebody killed. Like the article says, if this guy is not delaying his transmissions to the tweet by a wide margin its endangering the lives of the pilots and other forces.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

Did you read the article, or are you Joe_Taxi? From OP's source:

“If you are not delaying your tweets by a WIDE margin, you are putting the pilots in harms way!!!!” tweets @Joe_Taxi.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Operational Security (OPSEC) requires that such information be controlled. It is both logical and reasonable that it should be. We certainly do not need any elements which may be hostile to the NATO efforts, using the information to exploit vulnerabilities by knowing when and what is within striking range....

However, this information is not - and cannot reasonably be - classified. It is information that is evident to any casual observer in the area.. It might have been more prudent to note the facts and discuss them after the operations (maybe months after the operations) in question; this information is not 'news'. But rest assured, the establishment will not allow this to go unchecked. Nor should it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Wow. That's amazing.

It says in the article that this guy has recently spent 16 hours a day listening in for news.
It also appears that he is using typical techniques that are available to any intelligence agency.
So if that is the case, if this guy can listen in, then so can anyone else who works in intelligence, even the other side.

So I wouldn't shoot the messenger.
If anything it highlights that the usual channels that they are using are not secure.
But then, they probably already know that.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
It also appears that he is using typical techniques that are available to any intelligence agency.
So if that is the case, if this guy can listen in, then so can anyone else who works in intelligence, even the other side.

Exactly - as long as allied a/c use plain language radio calls geting this info is pretty trivial for any professional military.

And whether you think Gaddafi is a butcher or not, you'd expect his military to have enough nous to be doing this anyway - it's just "know thine enemy 101"

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think it clearly shows the US and Allies aren't talking this operation seriously.

If Joe Blow the part time radio monitor can pick that up, what else can he pick up,

Or... did pick up and DIDN'T release-in the interest of the troops etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Love this message from the friendly skies:

"Libyan ship or vessel.. do not leave port" continuing "..if you attempt to leave port you will be attacked and destroyed immediately.."

audioboo.fm...*4-usaf-ec-130j-steel-74-transmitting-on-6877-0-khz-libya-20-march-2011

Imagine you're in your boat and hear: "American ship or vessel do not leave port, if you attempt to leave port you will be attacked and destroyed immediately.."..lol.. I'm sure that would go over real well..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Could someone perhaps post the relevant Libyan messages broadcasts upon its civilians and directed to its military units.

Oh yes..right we are christians and infidels..oops sorry..once again we are evil and impose a standard of living that in comparison to infidels in the western world is considered degraded These christians..they always cause trouble....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Could someone perhaps post the relevant Libyan messages broadcasts upon its civilians and directed to its military units.

Oh yes..right we are christians and infidels..oops sorry..once again we are evil and impose a standard of living that in comparison to infidels in the western world is considered degraded These christians..they always cause trouble....

When you write "we", do you mean your flock of bushbama warmongers?.. because what the oligarchs & bankers have going on in Libya has nothing to do with me.. and really, don't flatter yourself thinking anyone in Libya thinks of you, a stranger, as this, that, or the other..

Walk a mile in a Libyans shoes .. you might find they don't think of America as the "home team", they don't vote GOP or DNC, and being people with common sense.. they don't want to become the next Iraqis.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Originally posted by tristar

When you write "we", do you mean your flock of bushbama warmongers?.. because what the oligarchs & bankers have going on in Libya has nothing to do with me.. and really, don't flatter yourself thinking anyone in Libya thinks of you, a stranger, as this, that, or the other..

Walk a mile in a Libyans shoes .. you might find they don't think of America as the "home team", they don't vote GOP or DNC, and being people with common sense.. they don't want to become the next Iraqis.

What ever gave you the impression that those requesting for a no fly zone were western orientated ? . WE/US/THEM know full well that when nato was invited it was with a price, so why assume that it is once again a western orientated decision. For the record, it was the Arab League that requested nato's intervention and not the other way around, just so we are clear on that precise point.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I have to admit that the comments/replys are far better than I expected.

Please, keep em coming.

I think I heard on the news that Britian fired missles directly at Qadaffi? I didn't think that was covered in the No-Fly explanation.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
They should target the reciver and drop a j-dam on it to take it out. This is combat. If they are giving away the position of air craft and ships I say bombs away.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Have you considered that this guy may be part of the psyops? Get the "tin foil hat" brigade involved in the "conspiracy". There has been a lot of media programming trying to reinforce the idea that twitter and other social media tools are leading the uprisings, which personally I find ludicrous.

I also find it hard to believe that this kind of information can be so readily accessed on the net. On the other hand, it would also fit in with Hegelian Dialectic and be used to "censor" the web, as a previous poster suggested. Problem, Reaction, Solution.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Do people remember all the killings and genocide in Dufar? All the begging that good people did to get those people help? Bush/Obama ignored those that begged them to help! So... now we're in Lybia...

what a ******* joke!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So it's a no-sail zone too?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join