It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Rumble over head in SE England

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I'm in essex and didn't hear a thing, only rumble was the wife's stomach with all these cravings of being pregnant

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Have you got any evidence to back that claim up?

Admittedly, I did initially think the same though the lawn mower would have to be left stationary otherwise we would hear a change in pitch, direction etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I live in S. Yorkshire and i have not heard any of these noises or rumbles. There are no airbases near me but there are several airports of which i dont hear a peep even at night.

If it happens again please try for a recording, would be much appreciated as i'm following this with a keen eye.

Not a dig at any of the claimants but it seems these occurances are popping up for fun now, i hope no one is lying

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
ya it happened to me last night,lasted around 3 mins,a whiring sound with the sound of thunder,im in ne england.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi, I originally posted this in the wrong thread (florida one)

Im another lurker who made an account to respond to this thread, seems quite popular, and it certainly struck a chord with me. I live in Southampton UK and I have heard something similar a few months ago. I was awoken around 2am by a roaring sound that seemed to be coming from above. It was loud enought to make me get out of bed and look out of all of the windows, and then to go into the garden to see what it was. It was a clear, still night and i sould see no signs of aircraft. The noise continued foraround 15 minutes before suddenly fading out. I live in the city and am used to night time noises from the roads, local airport and the docs, but this was completely unlike anything I have heard in 14 years of living here. No explainations from me, just adding more accounts to the thread.

And hi

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TristanC

Yo!

27 years of hearing lawn mowers?

The fact the video is daytime yet the eye witness report is "2am".

The fact the guy at the end says sarcastically "what is it".

edit on 23-3-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer
well from looking at your location I would say Bramford is your closest National grid substation.

I will see if anything happened or scheduled outage was planned when I get into work later

Yeah, I didn't go to work on Monday after not sleeping for over 48 hours :|

Nothing out of the ordinary has been reported from Bramford substation to us in work but I have not had chance to speak with an engineer yet to ask if anything was reported from the night in question.

Rest assured that I will post my findings once I have had chance to talk to someone from the substation

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Baal85

Exactly as I described, it was that loud it woke many people in the village Including My sister and her boyfriend and his family in the next village and other neighbouring homes.

Still the noise is unexplained and has not been heard since. It's astonishing that the noise was heard by many and yet no action to find out what it was has been made.

I will keep you guys posted

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungMind92
reply to post by JonoEnglish

But if it was a jet wouldn't I be able to see it ?

I scouted the whole area no aeroplane or jet lights.

Maybe it could of been a power surge I cant say I know the full story behind this.

No... because light travels faster than sound.... By the time the sound reached you the visuals (ie the sight of the jets) would be long gone. Might of been pointed out before but I have yet to read all the posts.

ETA I heard nothing In the SW.
edit on 23/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Good points.

I just wanted you to actualy state your opionion & facts about how you came to the conclusion its a lawn mower, instead of just posting "It's a lawn mower".

Always give evidence to back your claims up!

Might be worth plotting the UK locations on a map to see where its been heard, I noticed someone from the USA did this and it showed what appeard to be a flight path.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Good points.

I just wanted you to actualy state your opionion & facts about how you came to the conclusion its a lawn mower, instead of just posting "It's a lawn mower".

Always give evidence to back your claims up!

Might be worth plotting the UK locations on a map to see where its been heard, I noticed someone from the USA did this and it showed what appeard to be a flight path.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I read i some thread about the Dark Knight's prophecies. Noises and lights in the sky peaking during 2011 leading upto 2012..is it all real and happening? is this the beginning of it?

Where is Dark Knight now? Anyone?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I concur its the war machine turning, have heard it before over Poitiers, you can't see them as they have already passed over, and the rumbling lasts quite a while...it may be deliberate to intimidate the enemy. Certainly intimidated me, and my cats were not too happy either

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

Last time I Noticed D4RK Knight was about 2008.
His thoughts from his confession thread in 2006 on what is meant to happen disturbs me and it has not been brought up in a while yet it's still in the back of people minds.
I would love to hear what others would say to his theory on what is meant to happen in October.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I'm in benfleet, essex and i haven't heard any of these rumbling sounds.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Florida was getting a similar buzz and it's posted on this site.... Too many strange things are happening all that the same time... Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Solar flares..UFO buzzzing the Dome of the ROCK...I believe that the next fews months is going to be a bumping ride, hold on to your hats :-)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I'm in South East England and I heard nothing (believe me, you'd know if I did). I haven't heard anyone mention anything about it either.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I live fairly close by and unfortunately I didn't hear anything on that particular night. However, I have heard mysterious rumblings in the past. Sudbury was renowned for mysterious rumbles a couple of years ago and Bury St Edmunds has been a UFO hotspot. There could be some kind of underground base in the area, who knows. I've seen enough weird lights etc. in the skies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

YoungMind92 I believe you could be on to something here. Keep your eyes and ears peeled. By the way I have visited your pub in Barrow in the last year or so.
edit on 30-3-2011 by sightings because: to add a link

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
hi
i saw this ufo over bexleyheath in the uk, looking in a south westerly direction
the software won't let me post a new thread but maybe someone in the SE saw this as well
it is the top three lights, they were moving in sync, they were still for about 10 minutes then moved off in an easterly direction
any opinions on this??

oi51.tinypic.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

being that I used to be in the Air Traing Corps I can say with certainty that passing overhead jets make a very distinctive noise.. besides.. last night I was just getting ready to go to bed when i heard an unusual noise like an prop driven aircraft mixed with a jet engine and a long lasting *rumble* that seemed to last for ages overhead eventually tailing off not into the distance but upwards!! maybe that we're so used to aircraft noises any possible ufo would use it as a cover so as to get closer to the ground? passing jets don't cause power outages.. =) nor do they fly low enough to the ground over populated areas to cause aggrevation through noise.. especially at night. ever since i was a kid i've (kinda) believed in Aliens ( ET scared the crap out of me.. lol) maybe we're being probed?? =)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join