It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Rumble over head in SE England

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

But if 50 miles away from Norfolk, then that makes the OP in the East of England, not the South East, so I'm confused, cos I definately live in the South East of England without a doubt, and Norfolk is a fair way away from me

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Last night 20/03/2011 at approx 10:10 pm my daughter and I were on the patio of our home, We live in San Diego by the Bay we heard what sounded like an F-16 jet engine, it roared for about 15 mins. We are not within earshot of any military base and the airport is about 10 miles from us. It was loud and we couldn't pinpoint the sound, or where it was coming from we thought this was unusual. It was quite loud..just thought I would add this for future reference on places where the sound of a low growl/rumble is being heard.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

SE England it is my initial location but because it's ats I am not posting my exact location I am about 45 minutes away from Ipswich in a village called Barrow.

So nights are very quiet, open skies and recent sightings. It's a small village very one knows every one. I asked a few people this morning and they said the sound was loud enough to wake them up and also same problem with the electricity outage too.

So other witnesses to the strange noise and rumbling.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The only RAF base near Birmingham is UBAS (University of Birmingham Air Squadron). They dont even use jet aircraft so we can rule them out.

Regarding this triangle object, was it travelling at high speed or just cruising along at low altitude?
edit on 21/3/11 by TristanC because: Spelling Correction.

Yes i was thinking that too...as for the triangle craft, it was cruising at very low altitude....say 20-30 metres above my roof top..looking back i think this is the second one i have seen..i witnessed a similar craft last december behaving the same..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

are you not very close to raf mildenhall the us air base? you could be hearing b2 spirit stealth bombers on their way to war

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by NumberEight
Wihout trying to hijack the thread. Does anyone else hear very faint rumbles every now and again? They seem to have a pattern like every couple of seconds. Only noticed them ever since i moved.

I'm not trying to be a jerk - so please take this the way it is meant which is to try to be helpful. There is a hearing condition which can cause what you are describing. You might want to get checked out because it tends to get worse to the point that its all you end up hearing.
edit on 3/21/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

No offence taken.
Which condition are you on about? Tinnitus? I havent got anything like that.

You can actually feel the ground tremble a little. Its like someone dropping something real heavy on the ground from very far away. Only hear it every now and then. Im sure its perfectly explainable.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

are you not very close to raf mildenhall the us air base? you could be hearing b2 spirit stealth bombers on their way to war

I just checked the RAF mildenhall location, its about 250 kil east of birmingham, they could have flown over Birmingham if they were travelling westward but would they not just be travelling south to Libya?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think me and my gf heard the same noise as the Florida one earlier today.
I even played her the Florida video, and she confirmed that that was the noise we were hearing.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

dont think the op is in birmingham .near bury st edmunds isnt he?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Originally posted by dashdespatch

I just checked the RAF mildenhall location, its about 250 kil east of birmingham, they could have flown over Birmingham if they were travelling westward but would they not just be travelling south to Libya?

They would be flying to an undisclosed airport in Italy. It's the nearest UN airport to Libya.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Air traffic from RAF Mildenhall goes around Stansted airport on the Dunmow side and directly out over Colchester over the North Sea, they have a dedicated flight path, so possibly they were B2''s as they sound way different from the usual Star Lifter, KC130 Statotankers, and other associated air traffic from both Mildenhall and Lakenheath.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Honestly I have lived here for 15 years and never heard any thing like it.

And now the neighbours confirm the noise and power outage too.
I can honestly say I have no idea what it was. And RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath fly the opposite direction to were I am located so that rules out Jets or aeroplanes.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I will keep a look out at the sky tonight and see if I can see anything unusual If I mange to see anything ill tape what I see and post straight to this page.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Suffolk Not Norfolk

And funny enough I do believe This pub to be haunted but they are good spirits in my eyes. Sounds crazy I know but I Don't drink alcohol and I don't smoke and I'm also not crazy haha

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

is it not possible that flightpaths have changed due to the current crisis

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

It is very possible but why would only one fly over. It's now 8:00pm and no other planes have flown over today as i am aware of any way.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

just found out the b 2 bombers flew non stop from the usa so the noise couldnt have beed them

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Was it anything line this?

Friday, October 29, 2010, 08:0029 comments Share Just what was the strange humming noise heard in the night? Hear it here Mark Holland, of Hedon, said the sound was 'absolutely unreal'. A Russian bomber on a spying mission and an alien craft. These are just two of the theories behind a strange noise heard in the middle of the night. As first reported on the Mail's website yesterday, the noise – described as a "humming" noise – was heard at about 2am on Thursday. It was heard across a wide expanse of East Yorkshire, with one report from as far away as Doncaster. Mark Holland, of Hedon, where the noise appears to have been loudest, said he was left baffled. Mr Holland, 49, said: "I was taking my wife, Shirley, to Manchester Airport to catch a flight to Benidorm. "Just as she asked me to load a suitcase into the car we heard it. "It was absolutely unreal. We 've never heard anything like it. "We are on the flight path to Humberside Airport and get planes passing overheard, but never at that time and that low. "Although it was cloudy, it was fairly bright. For the noise to be that loud, you would have expected to have seen whatever it was." Enquiries by the Mail have drawn a blank with no-one able to confirm the source of the noise. A spokeswoman for Humberside Airport at Kirmington in North Lincolnshire, said: "At 2am the airport is closed. The last flight in or out was 10.45pm." According to BP at Saltend, no work out of the ordinary was carried out in the early hours of Thursday. The Ministry of Defence has a dedicated team called the Low Flying Complaints and Enquiries Unit. However, a spokesman said: "We have no confirmed activity in that area. "There was nothing odd or untoward going on in the Hull area at that time." Earlier this week a report in the national media claimed a Russian Tupolev Tu95 Bear aircraft was spotted on Monday and Tuesday, flying in a Nato-policed zone close to the UK. A squadron of RAF Tornado aircraft from a base in Scotland was apparently called out to intercept the giant intruder. In 2008, it was reported how a supersonic 'Blackjack' Russian jet flew completely undetected to within just 20 miles from Hull. However, a military source told the Mail: "No Russian aircraft has ever crossed into British airspace without permission – despite reports in the media." Some readers suggested the noise could have come from Humberside Police's helicopter Oscar Nine Nine. But a force spokeswoman confirmed: "Between 1.15am and 5.12am the helicopter was in S#horpe." Mail reader Mike Covell posted a message on www.facebook.com/HullDailyMail stating: "About 2 o'clock this morning a loud noise was heard over east Hull, possibly further, and it appeared as though it was a large aircraft with decent sized engines struggling to gain altitude. "What was odd about the sound is the duration, in that it appeared to be over east Hull for approximately 10 minutes. Efforts to gain a visual on the craft failed." Another reader, Leah Simpson, added: "It was really loud in Hedon. Quite spooky." Do you know what the noise was? If so, call our newsdesk on 01482 315194. * For dozens more theories, check out the postings on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/hulldailymail

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21/3/11 by simples because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by simples

Interesting! The noise in this video seem's to be more of a humming noise than a thunderous noise, though it could be the quality of camcorder used, filmed indoors etc..

Any more videos from England?.. Im just south of London and always on the move, still yet to hear anything like this!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TristanC

Psst, it's a lawn-mower..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join