It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Rumble over head in SE England

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Well It's Monday morning so I'm guessing most people were asleep which is a shame. But hopefully some people heard it so I'll ask questions.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Ipswich is near the coast.....planes are flying out to libya....they more than likely cross france so thats the route they would take i would imagine.

Im done here....its aliens coming to abduct you, quickly get your tin foil hat on and hide under the bed. You will wake up in the morning with an alien device implanted in you, you will be annaly probed all night so make sure to pack some vasaline. Or its Niburu coming to get you

Thats the most logical explanation right

www.nationalgrid.com...
edit on 20-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

link   
Always listening to background noise, but didn't hear anything here (near Oxford).

Considering you're in Norfolk, and we have jets being deployed to Libya from your county, I'd assume it's the most likely cause.

The Ministry of Defence confirmed Stormshadow missiles were launched from Tornado GR4 fast jets, which flew 3,000 miles from RAF Marham in Norfolk and back.

Either way I'll keep my ears peeled, but whatever it may have been it sounds pretty localised.

edit on 20-3-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by YoungMind92

Well It's Monday morning so I'm guessing most people were asleep which is a shame. But hopefully some people heard it so I'll ask questions.

Nice one youngmind92!

Fingers crossed other people can shed some light on it.

Must have freaked you out though!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It really did never heard anything like it but honestly no idea what it was.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Be sure and contact your local police to ask them if they have had other reports of the same. You could also call the nearest Airport for info as well. And then finally try to contact the media in your area, radio and or television to find out if they will be reporting this issue, link them to the Florida Youtube and tell them it was almost identical.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

We only have their word and judgment to say it was 10 mins. Some people cant perceive time as well as others. Plus...if there was no power im sure they were looking for something to give them light, so their attention wouldnt be on time.

It also depends on terrain....sound can bounce off of things...echo to give the impression that its longer.

You're absolutely right. All we have is the OP's description of events. Though if we call into question their ability to relay the information, then we don't really have a Topic to discuss at all. (I could ask, did the OP even hear it? Some people can't hear aswell as others...)

I'm definitely interested to find out what the noise was.. especially with the similar encounter in Florida.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm here in the US and I lived by Oceania Naval Air Base and I can say I have seen jets fly low real low and I have seen them break the sound barrier many many many times out over the bay...but never have I ever seen power go out or loss of internet of coarse the latter could have been due to the power outage. Unless they're testing emp bursts or some new tech I'd say it was no jet. Who know's what it was cause you didn't see it. Also when a jet flys by even at supersonic speeds you hear it fade slowly so even if it passed before the sound was heard (which is how it happens when they're supersonic) it would have been heard for a while fading. Just my observations having lived by one of the most active military areas in the US.
edit on 20-3-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
UK media won't give a crap, not with just one witness and no video or audio clips.

We can't just claim what was heard in Florida is happening here in the UK. At 1.30am UK people don't sleep through jet engine noises, because no such thing exists under normal circumstances in the UK at that time. The whole neighborhood would be awake and tweeting it.

So it could just be a faulty substation near where the OP lives that "blew". If there's no reports of this incident beyond the OP's street - I don't think it's particularly viable like the Florida incident is.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRephaim

I would also like to know what the noise was hence the posting to ATS

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Never heard anything mate. Where abouts are you? Im near soton and occasionaly i hear small rumbles like far away thunder. Thing is though, theres never any storms been forcast when ive heard this.

Never heard anything like you did though.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Youngmind92 - what is your closest National Grid substation??? I can find out in work tomorrow if anything went boom with it!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRephaim

True. Though my thoughts were if it was circling, odds are it would've been seen.

It depends on the terrain, sound travels and reverberates more at night.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Wihout trying to hijack the thread. Does anyone else hear very faint rumbles every now and again? They seem to have a pattern like every couple of seconds.

Only noticed them ever since i moved.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
well from looking at your location I would say Bramford is your closest National grid substation.

I will see if anything happened or scheduled outage was planned when I get into work later

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Get My phone camera ready get to the balcony nothing in the sky so I'm thinking wtf It's a clear Night sky so you tell me .

Please help me understand something here: Does the camera phone record video-only or why the hell didn't you record the sound even if you couldn't match it to a visual? I'm just saying... if it sounded anything like the video from the US you reference, nothing would have kept me from recording some "proof" right away...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This rumbling noise being reported by many over the years, and many claim they have never experienced anything like it. Has me intrigued.

Here is a thread from a few years ago that might be of interest.

Super Loud Sound From Sky (March 30th, 2007)

I posted this in the thread about the Florida rumbling too. Seems strange to me. Maybe a jet engine test, natural gas leak?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
england and florida.. yikes -_-

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Do you think maybe it is a harmonic tremor?

There is research into harmonic tremors, sounds ranging from buzzing to almost musical.

These precede earthquakes as the magnetic field is being bombarded

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Always listening to background noise, but didn't hear anything here (near Oxford).

Considering you're in Norfolk, and we have jets being deployed to Libya from your county, I'd assume it's the most likely cause.

The Ministry of Defence confirmed Stormshadow missiles were launched from Tornado GR4 fast jets, which flew 3,000 miles from RAF Marham in Norfolk and back.

Either way I'll keep my ears peeled, but whatever it may have been it sounds pretty localised.

Doesn't the Royal Navy have aircraft carriers close to Libya? It seems like an awful waste of Jet fuel to fly some jets 3000 miles just to launch some missiles and come back.

Governments are so good at spending money.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join