It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your self and your Body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is sort of a weird idea, but i think theres a metaphysical truth to it.

Me and my little brother were slapping hands back and forth, turning it into a fist, and open hand at random, to see if we could keep up the rhythm. When doing this it occurred to me that i was using my left hand, while he was using his right. Im right handed, so when i do anything with my left hand it is different, from when i do it with my right. I have a different "relationship" with my right hand. My left hand, in a strange way, is like a foreigner. So when i thought this, it got me thinking how each limb of our body actually constitutes a "vessel" or intelligence, of its own.

In kabbalistic thought,

Each "sefirah" corresponds to a part of mans physical constitution. The right arm is a projection of the sefirah of Chesed. The left is a projection of the sefirah of gevurah. etc. Each part of the body is associated with an archetypal concept, which is an 'intelligence' initself. Therefore, when i felt that "relationship" with my left arm, it was as if i was relating to something else. Something "not me", but a part of me, that i paradoxically can experience as something else from me.

This is basically to say that the consciousness, is completely singular, and outside the framework of division. When it takes on a finite existence, it limits its infinite nature and expresses itself through 10 attributes, the 7 lower of which correspond to the physical body. The 3 upper sefirot, Binah, Daat, and Hokmah, correspond to the left brain, right brain, and the cerebral cortex.

Our hands, arms, legs, genitals, etc are really something that is so close to us, that we basically never consider. They are parts of us, and each part has its purpose

This again enunciates the basic idea of the Sefirot. That each one is a necessary reality. Keter, is no more important than Malkhut. Each part has its purpose. Each country in the world has its purpose. Each culture, Religion, Language has divine signifiance.

The way i feel about my hand, is the way all of us should feel about each other. Because each of us are apart of a deeper, esoteric dynamic that makes reality the way it is.
edit on 20-3-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Interesting concept. I think that no matter what one believes, this message can be shared by all of us, no? The simple *truths are fundamental...

Because each of us are apart of a deeper, esoteric dynamic that makes reality the way it is.

edit on 20-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

You explained yourself quite well. My finger is part of me; but, if you cut it off it is still a finger. I find it funny that people do not understand the trinity, how God, Jesus and the holy spirit can be different and the same at the same time. Our bodies are part of us; but, our essence is our mind or soul as you see fit to believe. All parts of us are important; but, some we cannot live without as they have a closer relationship to the whole.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

All parts of us are important; but, some we cannot live without as they have a closer relationship to the whole.

Thats true. The head is the most important, otherwise you wouldnt be conscious. The chest region (Tiferet) carries all the major organs (heart, lungs, liver etc). How meaningful would physical life be without arms and legs? Just lacking one of those organs can change your whole experience of reality. It is this part which adds something to you.

I think each of us should try to understand this concept in light of humanity itself. Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shinto, Native American Spirituality etc, all have something unique, and important to bring. Obviously, Judaism, being the source of the 3 abrahamic religions, and thus most of the worlds religious today, would be like the Head. Christianity with its numbers, and power, would be like the Chest. Islam with its piety and fervor for G-d would be like the Arms, etc..

I think this is what Isaiah means by

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

The little child would be the simple acceptance of diversity. Where the less complicated and more natural feeling of love would supercede any sense of fundemental difference between us.

Of course, i dont think this should justify destructive and libertine philosophies. I dont think this idea can tolerate a satanism or luciferianism, or gnosticism, etc, that has a philosophy that directly contradicts this homogeneous awareness of unity. You cant put a Tiger with a tiny lamb, because the lamb will be eaten. If you care for the lamb, ie; those who are good decent people, you will legislate the need to not kill, steal, blasphemy the creator, act wantonly, hurt animals, or destroy nature, or promote ideas that conflict with the spirit of these prohibitions. Antinomianism, Relativism, Nihilism, Existentialism, Gnosticism, which produces spiritual 'tigers', in the negative, are incompatible with these ideas. Modern culture, with its depravity would have to be cleaned up and stripped of its pagan materialism/sensualism.
edit on 20-3-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
your post reminded me of a diagram from the book "time and the technosphere" by jose arguelles, in which he makes the claim that, similar to the way you have spoken about the body, the earth is also divided.

below is the diagram called "timeship earth, the human holon"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a90484ea6545.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Dear tgidkp,

I like the diagram; but, I don't know what the words are. Can you please leave a translation?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Holy #, reading this and then another thread while contemplating why I felt 'disconnected' when I tried venturing out on my own isolated in the wilderness. (Nearly, was a bus away but at 19 when that feeling of utter disconnect grabs ahold of ya, I turned back..) Fits in with that because if cells stop receiving signals from other cells, they die off. We are but cells to the Earth and therefore I was no longer receiving signals at all, I was in the process of going down the path of death but it wasn't my time..

Now I just have to find a way to get back to Mother Earth and not feel the utter pain staking of disconnect. Thanks OP, got me thinking something much needed.

top topics

join