It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Brazil can inspire people in Libya, Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Obama in Brazil Speech. He predicts His victory in 2012

President Obama told residents of Rio de Janiero today that pro-freedom movements in Libya and throughout the Middle East can take inspiration from the example of a free and vibrant Brazil.

Brazil "shows that a dictatorship can become a thriving democracy," Obama said in a speech that focused on the U.S. relationship with his host country's growing economic power.

And heres the funny one i guess obama doesn't know that there will be elections in 2012 spoken to soon or a prediction he might be president after 2012.

"I intend to come back in 2016 to watch what happens," Obama said.

Obama is really clueless on Brazil what rising economy of Brazil? he doesn't the huge poverty problems in brazil nor the fact that the poor, middle class Brazilians are the ones suffering from the economy problems our world is facing, just like the problems we are having with our economy in canada and america.

Oh yes brazil is doing just fine if your rich and powerful, and whats with that comment that obama made about 2016? he knows something we dont? how he knows his going to come back to brazil unless his forgetting that there is an election in 2012.

I think obama gave us his own prediction for 2012 election and that he will win.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
He's referring to the 2016 Olympics. He doesn't have to be a president to go there.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The only thing that interests Obama in Brazil is Petrobras and their newly found oil reserve. Remember the $2 billion loan to Petro that Obama signed off on. Yes, it was for oil exploration in a foreign nation. Go figure.

Barry wants his Brazilian oil and the locals are not to happy with Barry at the moment. Hey, Brazil and LIbya both have oil in common with each other. Perhaps that is where the true inspiration lies.

The man will literally repeat anything that pops up on his teleprompter.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Obama seems to like the Marxist revolutionaries in power in South America:

The lady on the right is the president of Brazil, she's a Marxist revolutionary.

Here he is with Hugo Chavez...Seems a bit overly friendly to a man who wants war with the US.

Obama needs to go.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Let me correct you before you go any further:

SNOPES
Claim: President Obama signed an executive order to lend $2 billion to a Brazilian oil company, with no financial gain for the U.S. - FALSE

This was another one of Becks / Fox "news" lies:

Origins: The above-quoted article references a segment attributed to Fox News Channel host Glenn Beck criticizing President Obama for signing an executive order to lend $2 billion to a Brazilian oil company to finance offshore drilling, all without securing reciprocal oil exports from Brazil or any other benefit to the U.S. Nearly all of the substantive claims made in that article are false, as detailed below:

# [President Obama] signed an executive order to loan 2 Billion of our taxpayers dollars to a Brazilian Oil Exploration Company

This statement is false: President Obama signed no such executive order. On 14 April 2009, the Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im), an agency whose mission "is to assist in financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets," issued a preliminary approval for a $2 billion loan to Brazil's national oil company, Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras), to help fund offshore oil exploration and development.

The approval of the loan was an action undertaken not by officials who had been appointed by President Obama, but by his predecessor, President George W. Bush, as Ex-Im itself stated:

So please redirect your anger at Bush if this outrages you, or at least get the facts right. (the loan is also from private lenders and not taxpayer's money anyhow).

Back to the OP, I don't see what the big deal is about this comment from Obama, he's there for diplomacy and a politician, saying uplifting slogans is what they do. Trying to read anything into it is pointless.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

First off I I don't typically trust Snopes due to its funding by the Democracy Alliance. Second, I got my info from the Wall street Journal not Beck.

Third, I researched the topic further today and I do stand corrected. Snopes got it right. Forbes published a great piece that actually spells out the whole deal. He's still there for oil motives though.

Anyhoo, I concede on the issue. Here's the Forbes piece blogs.forbes.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Well, not to rehash an old thread, but that picture with Dilma Roussef was when she was not yet president. Maybe that's besides the point.

On the other hand, she may have been a Marxist revolutionary in the 60s during the US-backed Military Dictatorship, but her comments on privatization as president would not pass Communist muster.

So, we may have imagery of the leftist, "community organizer" (whatever that's intended to mean), Weather Underground-sympathizing Obama, but actions speak louder than any of Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity's most vivid verbal wet dream. Obama is a corporatist and so is Dilma. They may seem more leftist to you because of things they did on the way up, but let's not forget that not all who give to the poor do so for altruistic means. Then again, what good does it do for your ego if no one ever knows you donated your time or money to a good cause, right? Maybe...

new topics

top topics

join