It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are going to war in Libya - Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

Well said all the facts are there, well put together.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Thats a fair comment but why aren't we (a collective international federation of countries) going to war in Bahrain, Syria, yemen?

ALS

Any international organization can't just barge into any country they want to because they deem it necessary to come to the aid of the indigenous citizens. None of those countries, as of yet have asked any international organization for aid. Until they do the best we can do is sit and wait.

The citizens of any country have the right to self determination, and that is exactly what we are giving them.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Crunkman919 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

And as part of this world they opt into this worlds rules... or they can go jump

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
Most of the posters on this thread are full of Sh*t as a Christmas turkey: you know more about fornicating than fighting. Most of you have never put your asses in harm's way.

These people in Libya have been begging us for help, after rising up against a freak dictator that most them have never known anything else but; no democracy, no law except Martial law as decided by Gaddafy.

We westerners talk a good talk about freedom.

Has it ever occurred to you that the anger on the Arab street against us westerners is anger because we will not stand up for them?

Are the Arabs so subhuman, or is our greed so needy, that it is ok to let these peoples rot and die under regimes we would NEVER tolerate?

Western society can win the good will of the Arabic world, if we show we are willing to side with them. The people.

So, uhhhhh... What's our trend for Arab people so far? If I were an Arab and the US came to make my world better I think I would gather my family together and tell them "It's been nice knowing all of you. We will be dying soon". Or do I miss what the end result seems to be? Show me an example of where the US has made Arabs (common man) world better back over many many years. At least Thomas Lawrence had the good sense to beat himself regularly after working a horrible evil for the west.

Here is a truth about the US and what they are even making the people into this very moment.

The truth is a lie.
Black is white.
Up is down.
Wrong is right.
Inaction is action (for it's citizens to pursue truth and justice at least).

Satan is just gonna love all the people that will be coming his way shortly. They took lies and injustice into their hearts and LOVED every single bit of it. And nary any resistance was made.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

thanks i thought i was the only one..........also what are peoples thoughts on extremists amongst the Libyan rebels.

this is a post in Pakistan force forum he brings good points.
www.defence.pk...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Your missing the point. For now there seems to be no visible evidence of recompense for this war, although I'm certain things are going on in the background. I'm sure it's a bad deal for the Libyan people and I have nothing but sympathy for them. But may I remind you or where you so insular to it that the USA, UK, France, Germany et al have record levels of debt, unemployment, foreclosures etc due to the bankers screwing nations over. It's amazing how they can find money to go to war but not to re-invest back into a bludgeoned economy.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thedevos1

But on a per capita basis, no country sent more young fighters into Iraq to kill Americans than Libya -- and almost all of them came from eastern Libya

So we are enforcing and denfending extremists. Do we really want these people taking control of Libya, well the answer is no. I can't help but believe there are alterior motives behind this campaign but what are they?

I must find out!

On a per capita basis, that’s more than twice as many than came from any other Arabic-speaking country, amounting to what the counter terrorism center called a Libyan “surge" of young men eager to kill Americans

I find it truely astonising that we are helping these people.

ALS
edit on 21-3-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Too bad we didnt put together a coalition to intervene in Rwanda during the Clinton Administration.......
I wonder why there isnt a "Genocide" card in the Illuminati card game??

edit on 21-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is the Imperial World Order for you .
Back in the day Britain was the invading Empire now it is not pc so UK joined forces with USA . Now its all about fabled enemies and false flags which give an excuse to expand the Imperial invasion .

Simple as that .

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I admire your passion, even though I disagree that 'the Arab world', as it were, wants us to stand with them. After reading what I consider a fairly unbiased -- and well-sourced -- history of the CIA by a Pulitzer winning journalist called Legacy of Ashes (a history of CIA's lies and failures), I see the Middle Eastern and African revolutions as Western-backed...as they have been for decades. Provably. Colour revolutions, et al.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crunkman919
WE as in singular (USA) are not going to war. WE (USA) are playing a supporting role in a coalition action that is sanctioned, supported, and ratified by multiple international organizations that include the UN, NATO, and the Arab League. The US portion of the operation should be over within the next few days. France, the UK, Canada, Italy, and a few Middle Eastern countries have taken the initiative in this operation. This exact situation is the reason why organizations like NATO and the UN even exist. They gave Gaddafi ultimatums which he chose to ignore.

The US is finally taking action in an appropriate way with international approval and there are members here getting heated over it. The Libyan rebels have been pleading for assistance for the past month and they're finally getting it. The right way. This is not the 2003 invasion all over again. Everything was done right this time. We (a collective international federation of countries) are assisting a rebel movement to oust a dictator that has killed thousands of civilians in the weeks leading up to the operation.

Think of it this way, a hypothetical of course. Say there was a revolution or an uprising in your country of residence against your current form of government. The rebel faction in your country is fighting a David vs Goliath battle. That faction asks for assistance from outside sources to support the uprising. Would you be upset if aid came if you were in their situation??

Turning a blind eye to blatant tyranny and oppression just leads to more of the same. To answer your question, Why are we going to war with Libya?

We're going to war with Libya to assist an oppressed people in overthrowing a tyrannical dictator who would rather machine-gun protesters rather than listening to the voice of the people.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Crunkman919 because: (no reason given)

Stop spewing propaganda like the US MSM, the arab league did not approve of bombing Libya, even the Libyan rebels did not want foreign intervention, I can't even imagine how many people have the same thoughts as you..

SOURCE: Arab League condemns bombing of Libya (news.yahoo.com...)
New Libya: no foreign intervention, "We can do it alone" www.worldbulletin.net...
edit on 21-3-2011 by MikeBoss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
First time poster so dont flame me if Im totally off base here. I remeber back In Nov 2010 someone posted something about Yemen and how the powers that be would be looking for a reason to invade.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I am NEVER coming to Christmas dinner at your place pal.
You actually fill your turkey with sh*t????
I prefer stovetop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join