It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dmv's all now called, "departments of -TRANSPORTATION"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
OK.....I was applying or a test and such and noticed that in WV it was called the DMV.......now it is called the
Department of Transportation. So I went to some other states......and guess what. They are also now called the
____(blank state name) department of transportation. O.K. This is strange. Why change the names..........any ideas anyone..????
weird.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just another merging of government agencies, to give all parties involved increased power, and to further deny all of a god given right to travel freely. Theres so much happening right now, it seems like everyone is taking advantage of the media's attention towards Libya and Japan, and trying to sneak in something that under most other circumstances would be noticed and opposed by everybody. I don't need the states privilege to travel when and where I please, I am a free man.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

Not for nothing...

But who really cares?

Uniformity?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
VA dmv is still VA department of motor vehicles...

source: www.dmv.state.va.us , maybe because its a commonwealth state?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Not really a big deal lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was confused when I moved from Ky to Indiana. In Ky it is called DMV - in Indiana BMV (Bureau) and I got the impression from what someone said to me that there was a DMV and a BMV - I went to the BMV and received what I needed so I don't think there is a DMV here.

I have heard of Department of Transportation but not Departments (plural) of Transportation.

Do you have any idea how confusing this is to Sr. Citizens

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Where i live it is the Department of vehicle/vessel licensing..

go figure...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Because if it appears as a new name on a list in senate or in some public servant's office, there is a chance someone will stuff up and it will get additional budget allocated to it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
here in good old Commiefornia its still the DMV...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Ohio has changed to Department of Transportation. I guess I was just thinking now it is not "motor vehicles"
but transports........maybe the NAFTA thing or maybe when we get all boxed up in transport cars to our camps ........it will be overseen by these people. Just strange and yes.....probably some government agency trying to get more money by changing the name. I think it is a consolidation of power.....making the govt stronger.

To the poster who said he was a free man, what did you mean by that? :"Freeman" ...........you don't need a license??

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ha down here it's just the tax collector's office! No DMV they're all closing by mid summer. Or so I heard but actually I never knew there were DMV's everybody told me it is the Tax Collector's office you had to go to. I am in Florida. Just guessing, but I figure here they're doing away with it to get rid of more workers and make more impoverished poor people for their slave class. They don't have a union but its one of the only good jobs left here can't work at tax collector's if you smoke cigarettes. Methinks I smell a foul oder of BS being piled on the people of Florida! And it stinks to high hell!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Do what? Each State retains its own authority over licensing inside their state. Michigan its called the ecretary of States Office, and in Missouri its called the Department of Revenue.

I am not real sure where you get the info from that says all ahve merged, which would be about impossible with the differeing tests in place for each state, as well as differeing ages for obtaining a license.

The Department of Transportation on the other hand is in use in all states, As their is MODOT, and MDOT, and FDOT (Missouri, Michigan, Flordia Department of Transportatin) which are all State entities whow ork hand in hand with local / country roads departments as well as with the FEderal DOT for highways and mainenance of Federal roads.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by speaknoevil07
OK.....I was applying or a test and such and noticed that in WV it was called the DMV.......now it is called the
Department of Transportation. So I went to some other states......and guess what. They are also now called the
____(blank state name) department of transportation. O.K. This is strange. Why change the names..........any ideas anyone..????
weird.

Source please

top topics

join