It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake because of the full moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-3-2011 by doesericsleep because: fixing link

Posting videos and video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of a video, please post
the video or a link to the video, a description of the video's content, and one or two paragraphs offering your own opinion on the video. This will help inspire discussion
or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 3/20/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My sister-in-law in California just sent me this link.

She had said her pets have been acting weird. So she decided to see if anything weird was going on. She came across this article about the full moon and the last time it was this close to earth.

Something about the moon being as close as it is may be a sign of quakes to come.

deathby1000papercuts.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-3-2011 by doesericsleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yes this is interesting - Also there was a massive coronal outburst from the Sun which co incided with the Quake

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I don't think that the EQ will be from the full moon or the super moon, but from the gravitational PULL that the moon will create on earth as was seen with the gravitational PUSH.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by doesericsleep

My sister-in-law in California just sent me this link.

She had said her pets have been acting weird. So she decided to see if anything weird was going on. She came across this article about the full and the last time it was this close to earth.

Something about the moon being as close as it is may be a sign of quakes to come.

deathby1000papercuts.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

the moon being as close as it is isn't a "sign" of quakes to come. it is a separate process that may or may not have any bearing on seismic activity. i and some experts personally believe it does- but many scientists do not.
i am in los angeles and there have been some strange things happen this week. people that i know are acting out of character. those who are normally not very warm are being very nice, and those that are usually nice are being weird.
there is a collective i lived in in east LA, and we had some shows there this weekend, and on both days there were incidents involving stray animals. on friday 3 dogs just wandered to the house. being that previously the grand total in 3 years of animals showing up this way is exactly ONE, 3 in one day is very odd. the next day, a stray kitten was found cowering and shivering right out front. he has been happily rescued. as for the doggies from the previous day one ran off and the others were turned over to their owners. one was a saint bernard, one was a corgi, one was a chiuaua (he is the one who ran off). so 4 animals in two days when previously we have had exactly ONE. and this is a high traffic area with alot of people in and out (like i said, its a collective).

personally it seems like the energy has peaked- whatever it was. radiation levels are fine if you check on the radiation network. we haven't had so much as a rumble down here.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The earthquake is a symptom and not a cause - The ring of fire ie where 3 of the most active tectonic plates meet caused earthquakes Yet there are other influences at play - Solar and Lunar and other cosmic events can and do trigger such events through the magnetosphere - The Earths core is Iron and a condutoer of such
edit on 20-3-2011 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

The moon is gradually de-orbiting from Earth. It is moving away. Even though it recently passed closer than it has for some time, it is miles further away than in previous millennia.

If the Earth survived those previous millenia, it will survive a close pass (or many of them).
edit on 20/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

The moon is gradually de-orbiting from Earth. It is moving away. Even though it recently passed closer than it has for some time, it is miles further away than in previous millennia.

If the Earth survived those previous millenia, it will survive a close pass (or many of them).

Yes what you say is true but the Moon is only fractionaly moving away but yes moving away - However it is true that the Moon or so called supermoon has and is at it's closest for 18 years - The idea of the Moon and the massive solar outburst could have triggered this event is backed up by many in the field of science yet I for one do not know for sure - I do not think anyone knows really

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

As I understand it, there is some data to show a corroboration between earthquakes, Lunar phase & Solar activity.

I believe it may be due to neutron bombardment of the Earth, from the Sun and 'sheparded towards' or 'shielded from' the Earth by the Moon's gravitation, or shielding. This article hints at the correlation between quakes & neutrons.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

In the past maybe, but the earth wasnt so populated nor was it so polluted before.Look at our planet right now. Yu can see this planet needsa kick start. So dont doeplay what everyone else says.

Itmight be usefull,in case something does happen.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ok, now my whole family is feeling weird (I haven't mentioned anything to them, about the story) and our dogs have been attacking each other. Which they never have done. I'm a little scared. Any Incite?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I was just pointing out from a perspective of science that the moons current proximity alone was unlikely to cause the catastrophic earthquakes we were seeing.

The energies required are not in the small gravitational changes we see due to the moon's orbit. They are things that have built up, over time, by massive forces like planet sized coriolis force and sub-crust convection pushing the techtonic plates around.

Imagine the film that forms on custard is like the crust of the planet. Slightly tilting the bowl of custard (changing the gravitational force on the film) has little effect except where the film intersects with the solid edges of the bowl. Now in the case of the Earth in space there is no bowl. It is like a single droplet of custard floating in space with a film on its surface. Gravitation applied to one part of the drop applies equally to all parts and the net force to break up the film is miniscule. But if we have a mixer element inside the custard drop, that spins the insides around, can you see that this will cause the film to break up and mix in.

I hope that the metaphor isn't too strained to make sense (it's early morning here & I just got up 'cause I can't sleep).

edit on 21/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by doesericsleep

Families are weird at the best of times but I think you are sensing something more spiritual than physical.

These are the strangest yet of strange times.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well here is your answer:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The mainstream media says not. So the answer is no.

***END SARCASM****

top topics

join