It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mural at Chernobyl looks VERY similar to the DIA murals. Check it out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I was looking through soem photos of the Chernobyl area and sw one from inside a banquet hall of one of the large hotels in the area.

I saw the image and immediately thought, This is the exact same style, colors, and bizarre symbolism used by the large murals. And it also seems to be VERY out of place. Its in a Banquet hall? It shows people huddlign togther as if they are afraid of something amung other things.

here is the image.

and here is one of the images from DIA.

Just thought it was a strange coincidence. I cant really find much information on who painted it. Doubt it is the same artist.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 12345lonestar

It could be the same artist..

style looks the same...

good catch..S & F for you!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
heh i remember that place from cod4.
well spotted , the art style is very similar.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Very cool find. I have been very interested in the Denver painting for a while now. Good to have some more examples of the style, especially if it done by the same artist. Anyone got any thoughts on the symbolism?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DrCarter

I know the DIA mural painter is a Chicano artist, Leo Tanguma. Not too sure why the styles would be so similar to a Russian mural.

I found another image of the mural and maybee some information about it as well on the website.

The image is in this link.

chuckdavid.photoshelter.com...
edit on 20-3-2011 by 12345lonestar because: image link not working

edit on 20-3-2011 by 12345lonestar because: link not working

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Whoa, in that first photo you linked, zoom in.

There is a big tree on the Left side of the photo. Look down towards the base of the tree, behind it there is a small brick wall. To the Right of that tree, right above the wall, there is the figure of a "shadow person" or whatever.

I realize this is almost certainly just a crack or damage to the wall itself. But it looks totally like a person also.

I found that to be really neat and spooky. Considering it's a ghost town of the sorts.

And the art from the location you showed is eerie and fascinatingly symbolic as well. Good finds buddy, keep it up.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I'm pretty sure it's graffiti. Further alone the wall to the right there's a KKK looking thing which was obviously painted.

Also, I don't see any similarities.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yeah it looks like someone painted a black figure waving. haha. To the right of that there is a girls face painted. I believe there are still some people who live out there. Mostly in isolation. Young homeless types as well.

I am at a total loss as to what any of the symbolism is in the murals though. horses...odd transformer looking things.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

That painting is part of a mural in the banquet room of a hotel near the Chernobyl reactor. The hotel is in the exclusion zone and has been abandoned.
The scene shows people dancing in a circle, they are not huddled in fear. It is one of the tragic reminders of how life changes when scientists play with fire.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ohh I see the painted female face to the right now too. Nice eyes there.

Thanks for pointing that out.

About the symbolism look down a few posts to a post (by 12345lonestar) where a link is provided. On that link there is a photo showing the Russian mural. Part of it looks totally like the Star of David (in a half-decent way).

edit on 20-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Here's a little article analyzing DIA's art work

vigilantcitizen.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

I live maybe 30 miles from DIA and that horse freaks me out! Its got big veins popping out, Blue? with beaming read eyes. I have spent a lot of time in DIA waiting on flights and have looked at all the murals and weird aspects of DIA. I dont really get uncomfortable there like many people say. But i believe most of that art is not exactly fitting for an already high anxiety place like an airport.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Thanks man I appreciate the information.

new topics

top topics

join