It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: 'Air Strike Destroys Gaddafi Residence'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What about the lying and I don;t know it kind of makes me sick when they say oh we are just going to take out tanks and anti aircraft weaponary. And then they turn around and attack Gaddafi's compound. I mean we can and probably will debate if the nato forces actually tried to take him out or if it was to send some message.

I have this feeling that Nato thinks they can do whatever they want there. Or maybe I should say AMerica.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Obviously someone thinks that the Islamic loons don't hate us enough already. Sigh.........why and what was the urgency over Libya?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Reporter on CNN live right now describing compound.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkOutlook

They turned the oil taps off to Europe then decided to unleach their blackmailing game on Sarkozy....Ghaddafi knows too much and has a lot of goodies on the French clown and without a doubt Tony Blair and afew others. Enough to bring down afew leaders.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

We will support you but not in public.

Right, I agree. But many Arab countries are facing huge problems themselves with protests. Things could easily turn the other way.

Protesters were shot by snipers in Yemen by their own government and our country has been largely silent on the whole thing...which makes our "real" intentions look all that more damning in Libya.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I thought Qaddafi lived in a tent? And if so thats a bit overkill!!!

I see it was a 4 story compound in Tripoli, but I am correct on the tent thing right?
edit on 20-3-2011 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
okay they got ghaddafi, but have they got the nuclear reactors under control yet because that is america;'s real threat

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

He wont be missed by me. Not at all.

Why? Because : www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-3-2011 by bluemooone2 because: ats link

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
We have committed to the cause and the best thing to do is follow through and clean it up as soon as possible.

I believe he is/was a target from the beginning.

Death is the only way to stop his insanity.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What a farce this whole thing is.The UN passes a resolution, we go in gungho as usual bombing anything that moves. Gaddafi knows he cant win so he calls a press conference and announces a ceasefire which throws a spanner in the works. Now the Americans dont recognise the ceasefire. Why am i not surprised.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Absolutely. I've heard them say "we've been trying to isolate him". Hm. Why is that? They want to further depress him with loneliness? lol. If he were killed, this mess would be over. His assassination is a huge part of the agenda. Always has been, I do believe. They've done everything they can to get him to leave willingly. He continues to lie, and be insane, although there is talk that he is heavily medicated.

Folks, the man is insane. In America, he would be "a danger to self and/or others" and could be involuntarily placed in a mental hospital, forensic unit. He is trying to murder his own people, due to delusions, and insanity.
His cruelty to his people has arisen to Saddam proportions.

Did you think they would go in and start killing all his supporters until only the crazy person himself is left?
Which makes more sense?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I realize Gaddafi is a wanker, terrorist and idiot, but he is the leader of Libya. Seriously, we could define practically any leader of any country the same way, there are just different "flavors" of terrorism, some more insidious than others. Now, the US and UN if I remember correctly have laws in place that exclude the targeting of leaders of countries for assassination, primarily on the grounds that if they assassinate a leader, it removes the impetus on another country from assassinating their leader, at least once the precedent has been set.

So, if they (US/EU/UN) are targeting Gaddafi for assassination (first clue would be bombing his residence), under the excuse or color of war (which is an illegitimate reason) does that mean now it's a free-for-all and that all leaders of all countries are fair game for their manifest crimes, real or imagined, against their populations?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just got this off twitter.

TextSeveral sources reporting that Khamis Gaddafi has died of injuries sustained by last week kamikaze style attack on Aziziya

This was from the plane that was crashed into the Tripoli compound last week not tonights missle strikes.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
CNN just reported it was hit. Reporter was describing the compound live.

Supposedly it was 2 cruise missiles. What's funny is that the military has been saying that this would not be a target...yet it appears it was.

Here is an opportunity for one of you guys..

Find out the name of the guy from the Arab League who is making the news circuit rounds saying something like;
"we wanted a no fly zone to protect the people. we didn't want them bombed the crap out of"
...this is the guy who is going to be running for President of some country in the Middle East...(I forgot where)

anyway...he is double crossing the West and you get to watch this unfold....the U.S. sees this today and says, "oh sh ite" we have to act fast because he gets the inevitable support from the people after any long drawn out engagement with kids getting blown up every day...this guy will win his election hands down and once again we look like arsewholes to the middle east...

Now, someone here should look into this quickly, and post your Nostrodamus type thread on how this is going to play out....I'm too lazy and I want to go read some UFO stuff.

But......my opinion is that if the U.S. did make an attempt on Ghadaffi, it was a decision that was made in the last 24hrs and as a result of a change in the political chess game.....( I think this guy was interviewed on NPR today, Sunday) not sure.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
Already? Wow.

Someone in a hurry?

Maybe its because the Festival of Minerva only lasts from March 19th to the 23rd. Gaddafi is the sacrifice. They had to get him before the 23rd!

Crazy stuff aside, it does seem strange somehow for the US/UN to assassinate/bomb the guy so quickly at his home.
edit on 20-3-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

I seriously doubt this is the US. The French have stated a few times now that the only way to end the stalemate in Libya is to remove Khadaffi, either alive to turn him over to the ICC (which is bogus since Libya is not a signatory to that treaty / ICC is not a UN body) or to take him out.

The Pentagon has been asked about Frnech intentions and their response to date has been The French will do what they are going to do, and then refer them to the Frnech Ministry of Defense.

In diplo speak the Pentagon is saying we wont kill khadaffi, but we wont stop another country from doing it though.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

It was a building and two Tomahawks destroyed it pretty good. If they wanted him dead they would be dropping 2000 lb bunker busting JDAMS from B-2s.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is utter bull#. Why can't the countries stay out of this revolution? Oh yeah that's right, they want to help their undercover protesters. This is so staged, I was watching a live report on Montreal MSM and the rebels didn't seem to know what to do. It was almost as if the cameraman told them to go in front of the camera and fake a dangerous situation. This really shocked me, and a friend of mine who isn't believing in conspiracy told me the same thing.

God I hate these war games.

The Dark Cabal can go to hell, and all of them minions.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

If that dork is still in that tent I want to see it
. I say lets drop a cluster bomb on it and see!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
What about the lying and I don;t know it kind of makes me sick when they say oh we are just going to take out tanks and anti aircraft weaponary. And then they turn around and attack Gaddafi's compound. I mean we can and probably will debate if the nato forces actually tried to take him out or if it was to send some message.

I have this feeling that Nato thinks they can do whatever they want there. Or maybe I should say AMerica.

This was the UN... Not NATO...

Please say you know the difference

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

You know why living in a tent sucks, because when you get into an argument with someone you can't slam the door!! What are you supposed to do zip the zipper hard to prove your point!! Not nearly as effective.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join