It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs & nukes | U.S. Air Force Fighters Chased UFOs at Malmstrom AFB in the 1960s and ‘70s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Greetings Forumerions,

Robert Hastings' latest penscript, which includes "North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) log entries describing UFO incursions at Malmstrom’s missile sites in November 1975":

My father, USAF Senior Master Sergeant Robert E. Hastings, was stationed at Malmstrom AFB, Montana in 1966-67 and worked in the SAGE (Semi-Automatic Ground Environment) building which housed the base’s sophisticated, NORAD-integrated radar facility. As some former members of the 29th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron (FIS) based at Malmstrom will recall, there were several scrambles during that era involving intercept attempts of “unknown targets” that were being tracked on radar as they maneuvered near and/or hovered above various Minuteman nuclear missile sites scattered across the surrounding countryside.

I possess a fake 29th FIS uniform patch, impishly created by a former squadron member, which features a strange-looking creature seated in the cockpit of a fighter and the caption “Land of Make Believe”—both being references to the, uh, interesting missions that some squadron members participated in during those years.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 20/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Hi Frank, interesting read. would of loved to see the look on the pilots ( of the SR71 ) faces when that "thing" zoomed past,

edit on 24-3-2011 by 1beerplease because: im watching you

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Awesome thread Frank! I cant believe a thread about not being able to find the moon got more of a response than this...I personally think this is one of the most important cases in UFO history. This thread needs a nice little bump!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Good thread, I enjoy reading about this stuff, but unfortunately I haven't gotten around to picking up Hastings book yet. Anyone know if these UFO's observing/interacting with nukes incidents are still going on (say any in the last 20 years), or have they stopped?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Hi Freelance,

To answer your question, yes, these things are still going on. On October 23, 2010, F.E. Warren AFB, in Cheyenne, Wyoming, temporarily lost communications with 50 of its Minuteman missiles. This occurred less than a month after my UFO-Nukes Connection press conference in Washington D.C., during which seven Air Force veterans spoke about UFO incursions at nuclear weapons sites decades ago. They and I all wondered if our "visitors" had been responsible for the October incident, or if a computer glitch was indeed the culprit as the Air Force claimed. (Global Strike Command, which controls the missiles, recently modified that claim to say that a hardware component had been improperly replaced by a technician, thereby triggering the comm issue.)

However, the validity of this official explanation is now in serious doubt, at least in my view. In early December, I received a tip from a county sheriff in western Nebraska, where some of Warren's missile sites are located, and was told of a UFO sighting on November 28th. The witness reportedly observed a triangular-shaped craft being chased by a military fighter NW of the town of Bushnell, NE, and subsequently told law enforcement personnel about it. The area where this occurred is littered with missile launch facilities.

Upon learning of this, I spent four days in the region in mid-December seeking out persons living near various missile facilities in the Nebraska Panhandle and discovered that others had also seen UFOs near Warren's missile sites in the fall of 2010. Over the past three months, even more reports have come in to me. I now know of numerous sightings by civilians and law enforcement personnel in the tri-state area of Wyoming, Nebraska, and Colorado, where the base's missile field is located. Cigar, cylinder, spherical and triangular-shaped objects have been reported in the region between mid-September 2010 and March 18, 2011. Indeed, I suspect the UFO incursions are ongoing as I write this and that new reports will come in.

The big story is this: Active duty Air Force personnel repeatedly observed a "huge blimp" in the sky above the Warren missile field on October 23/24, 2010--the period of the missile communications disruption. These persons say that it was definitely not a commercial blimp but was much longer and narrower, like a WWI German Zeppelin. However, it had no gondola or visible writing of any kind. Whether or not the unknown aerial object was involved in the missile snafu remains to be determined but its presence has been attested to by reliable persons.

I will publish an article at The UFO Chronicles in a few weeks summarizing all of this. In short, the UFO-Nukes Connection is very much ongoing and current.

If anyone can provide new information about the situation at F.E. Warren, please contact me at one of the email addresses below. All communications will be kept confidential unless I am granted permission to publish them, with or without the sender's name. Persons emailing me should provide their phone number(s) as well.

BTW, Freelance, given that you mentioned your interest in it, my book is self-published and only available at my website, www.ufohastings.com.

--Robert Hastings
[email protected]
[email protected]

edit on 25-3-2011 by Robert Hastings because: Clarification was needed

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
freelance_zenarchist, ziggyproductions05, 1beerplease, et al,

reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Thanks for the kind words guys; the UFO/military reports have always fascinated me, doubly so for the UFO/Nuke connection! Robert of course paves the way re this research.

I might add that there are many more "reported" cases of UFOs over and or near nuke missile bases and or other facilities then one might imagine–beginning in the summer of 1947 (and before)! For example:

UFO Over Hanford Atomic Plant Triggers 'Alert Condition'; Fighter Jets Scrambled!

Former World War II Fighter Pilot Bud Clem’s 1945 UFO Experience at the Hanford Plutonium Production Plant

Repeated UFO Activity Reported at Oakridge Atomic Energy Installation - Radar Jammed, Interceptors Scrambled!

Cheers,
Frank

top topics

join