It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel send 50,000 African Mercenaries to Libya 03-03-2011

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This news video was posted to Youtube on March 3rd. According to the video, Israel recruited 50,000 African mercenaries and charged $200 dollars a day for each.

Quotes from the video:
"Israel authorized a security firm to send mercenaries to Libya to crush anti-government protesters there.
Israel decided to recruit African mercenaries to fight against anti-government protesters in Libya.
The revelation comes a few days after the United States demanded immunity for the foreign mercenaries in the international criminal court."

If this is true, which I have no indication that it is not. Then, doesn't it mean that Israel and the U.S. are complicit? WTH is going on???

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Interesting, but some other sources would be useful, Press TV is an Iranian station and whatever it says about Israel should be taken with a pinch of salt. Still, if its true then it sheds a whole new light as to what is going on in Libya.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
That doesn't sound good. Not at all! One can only think, why, Israël, why? Looks like the friendship with the U.S. is over.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I agree and am looking for other sources. Understand I'm not advocating the source at all... just wanted to get ATS help to determine it's legitimacy.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeZet
That doesn't sound good. Not at all! One can only think, why, Israël, why? Looks like the friendship with the U.S. is over.

Did you miss the quote: "The revelation comes a few days after the United States demanded immunity for the foreign mercenaries in the international criminal court."? Seems the U.S. has a part in this as well.
edit on 20/3/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WeZet

Or this was all staged so we could invade Libya for a needed resource?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Yeah I just had a look there are a few articles that mention it but no real proof.
my.firedoglake.com...
www.maannews.net...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

As I sit back and look at the situation I can't help but to think that the US gambled on the anti-government protesters winning and decided not to back Gadafi but, now he is showing strong signs of holding power so they had to act fast to support him in the only way they could come up with they're partners. Since they went on record supporting the protesters and now the UN is on they're side they had to find someone to go do they're dirty work. If they wanted to crush the opposition it would be done and over...look how quick Saddam went down.

ETA if we really cared about unarmed protesters being killed why is there no mention of Bahrain and what's going on there...those are truly unarmed protesters being slaughtered...
edit on 20-3-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I call BS on this. The damned video shows it's about Settlements. This is 100% unadulterated Horse Crap and fake.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

More like a bucket of salt.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Veterans Today Story on this published 3/3/2011: GORDON DUFF: ISRAEL INTERVENES IN LIBYA…FOR GADDAFI! 50,000 MERCENARIES TO BE DEPLOYED AGAINST REBELS Al Qaeda Fighters Included in Israeli Force

In a move that surprises all but Middle East experts, Israel has promised Libya’s dictator of over 40 years, Colonel Gaddafi, 50,000 troops to aid in crushing rebels set on overthrowing his his murderous rule. According to news sources inside Israel, “troops” are being hired across Africa, Uganda, Sudan, Chad and the Central Africa Republic, including Al Qaeda fighters, to be deployed against demonstrators and rebel forces currently involved in heavy fighting in a two week old attempt to overthrow the Libyan ruler that has left thousands dead.

In the last 72 hours, rebel leaders have been in contact with Britain and the United States, nations that have promised aid and have positioned forces in the Mediterranean for a decisive strike against Gaddafi. Additional US Marines have been sent to reinforce assault teams on the USS Kearsarge, a helicopter assault ship now stationed off Tripoli awaiting orders to begin operations.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

I call BS on this. The damned video shows it's about Settlements. This is 100% unadulterated Horse Crap and fake.

What? Settlements?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

What? Settlements?

Look at the underbar in the video for christ's sakes.

Did you even WATCH the video???:

edit on 20-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
fake horse crap?
thats a new one

yeah, it appears to be a dog and pony show in Libya...
like the claim Gadafy was strafing civvies, while the plane turned out to be rebel.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

What? Settlements?

Look at the underbar in the video for christ's sakes.

Did you even WATCH the video???:

edit on 20-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

Sorry, I must be thick at the moment, I have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I can see this isn't a popular war lots of people changing sides and deciding intervention was wrong but never would i have thought that Israel would help Libya

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Watch the video! The english language bar at the bottom shows the footage is about Israeli settlements, not this silly ass story about Israel support Gaddafy.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

This is a load of bull.......everyone knows Ghaddafi brought and paid for these men from Africa. Ghaddafi is the head of the African League Nations.

globalcomment.com...

www.globalpost.com...

This is all to try and defame Israel.

Do your homework......

I did!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Watch the video! The english language bar at the bottom shows the footage is about Israeli settlements, not this silly ass story about Israel support Gaddafy.

So you think the video is a voice over?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I found a legitimate source, thought it only states what happened in court.

African mercenaries hired by the Gaddafi regime to kill Libyan protesters would be immune from prosecution for war crimes due to a clause in this weekend's UN resolution that was demanded by the United States.

This means that mercenaries from countries such as Algeria, Ethiopia and Tunisia – which have all been named by rebel Libyan diplomats to the UN as being among the countries involved – would escape prosecution even if they were captured, because their nations are not members of the court.

many of the attacks were in fact carried out by foreign mercenaries hired by Colonel Gaddafi. And the US insisted that the UN resolution was worded so that no one from an outside country that is not a member of the ICC could be prosecuted for their actions in Libya.

Source

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join