It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shafagh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is the Iranian stealth plane. This is just a prototype and the trainer. They would make this in three different models.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by persian]

[edit on 21-7-2004 by persian]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
WOW
Thats amazing theres nothing stealthier then a red X.
(hint: I can't see the pictures)

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I will post the intended images.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
hmmmmm odd lookin, looks like a fighter though

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
thx kinglizard
how come it wasn't showing before?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well it doesn't have the angular features our stealth fighter does... so that's slightly different. Well I dont know, I'm no airplane expert but this doesn't look like anything new fangled. In fact it looks kinda familiar for some reason. Weird...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Probly stolen technology from the f-117 they shot down over bosnia. Is it just me or does 'Iranian stealth fighter' sound ridiculous. Anyway if it does have 'stealthy' features i bet its nowhere near as advanced as its american counterparts: f-117, b2, etc. I highly doubt thats what it is though. peace

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Looks suspiciously Polish to me.

ZRPSL EM-10 Bielik

ZRPSL Website.

Some minor differences, but hardly Iranian, and definitely not stealthy.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
What makes it stealthy? it looks like a regular small fighter to me. Do they use ram or is it made out of wood?
And yeah it looks a lot like the one on the links mirthful me provided but they are really small.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
it looks the arussian training jet called the alpha

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
www.aermacchi.it...

I think it looks more like a twin finned version of the Aermacchi M346. Not really anything like the Polish thingy, its certainly considerably bigger and more mature in its design. As Yakovlev were joint designers of the M346 before the two companioes went their separate ways with their own versions might Yakovlev have helped develop the Iranian prototype?

It certainly hurts to see all these new countries getting into building advanced jets just as Britain is losing its own indegenous capability

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I guess you guys are missing the point, for a country like iran, making a plane like this is a big step. Future fighter plains would be small. Smaller plains mean they can maneuver better and go faster. Smaller plains have better chance of surviving in dog-fight than bigger plans. Although, there are not much info on Shafagh, but Iran confirmed that this plane is indeed stealth.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by persian]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by persian
I guess you guys are missing the point, for a country like iran, making a plane like this is a big step. Future fighter plains would be small. Smaller plains mean they can maneuver better and go faster. Smaller plains have better chance of surviving in dog-fight than bigger plans. Although, there are not much info on Shafagh, Iran confirmed that this plane is indeed stealth.

Why would iran make a 'stealth' plane smaller and faster to 'survive' in a dogfight. That takes away the whole point away from stealth technology. They are desinged to go behind enemy lines and bomb the enemy without being detected and without being compromised. And if it was desinged for the aforementioned reasons than it is way too small to carry sufficient ordinances to do anything. And i highly doubt the iranians would risk this jet doing anything with their budget. I doubt this is a true stealth aircraft, and if it is its probly the only 'stealth' plane the iranians can slap their airforce insignia on.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The Iranian Shafagh is not an indigeonous creation and development souly of Iran.

Iran has worked very closely with Russia's Mikoyan Design Bureau to develop the stealth attack aircraft and it is nearly an identical copy of the Mikoyan I-2000 light tactical fighter design proposed under the Russian LFI program. The internal workings of the plane are also nearly all Russian components.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bios
The Iranian Shafagh is not an indigeonous creation and development souly of Iran.

Iran has worked very closely with Russia's Mikoyan Design Bureau to develop the stealth attack aircraft and it is nearly an identical copy of the Mikoyan I-2000 light tactical fighter design proposed under the Russian LFI program. The internal workings of the plane are also nearly all Russian components.

actually you are right, this is mig 1-2000, in 1995 Russia and iran started the joint project to build the stealth fighter but two years after that and under US pressure, Russians pulled out. For many years and until couple of months ago, everyone saying that this project is dead and Iranians abandon this project. But couple of months ago Iranian showed the plain.
As I have mentioned before this plane only a prototype and actual plane would be larger.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I still want to know what makes this plane "stealthy" cuz if they have nothing else the design wont do them much good also id this plane is meant for dog fighting it will be pounded on by US F-15 and our other jets if we ever go to war with them. Cu i assume this plane was made public to the US pressure for Iran to dismantle their nuclear program.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Westpoint obviously hasn't heard of the results of a recent military exercise with India. In that exercise, american F-15's where regulary out performed by russian bulit fighters, who although both sets of planes saw each other at the same time, the indian fighters managed to get off their shots and kill the F-15's before they could respond.

I have seen many of your posts Westpoint, and i think you are clearly blinded by the belief of American superiority, which is clearly a dillusion.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Westpoint obviously hasn't heard of the results of a recent military exercise with India. In that exercise, american F-15's where regulary out performed by russian bulit fighters, who although both sets of planes saw each other at the same time, the indian fighters managed to get off their shots and kill the F-15's before they could respond.

The exercise in India showed that the US is not invincable in the sky. But then again, anyone who thinks the US is doesn't know what they are talking about. However, what is commonly overlooked in those exercises is that India's pilots were there elites - all of them - going against a normal group of US pilots. And lets not forget that they were outnumbered (if I remember corectly India had more then twice the number of plane flying in each mission). Also, there are some whispers that the F-15's were not equiped with the state of the art radar that our frontline fighters are. This could be to either make a case for more F-22's or because the Indian pilots were allowed in the F-15's. In either case, if it is true, then I would highly doubt that the F-15's WITH modern radar would give up first shot ability. Also keep in mind that India was using their very best planes (of which it has limited numbers) and so the majority of it's (or any other countries) planes would not get first shot.

I have seen many of your posts Westpoint, and i think you are clearly blinded by the belief of American superiority, which is clearly a dillusion.

This is what got me to reply to your post. The US is the most powerfull millitary force the world has. Who can claim they are top dog? The only country that could even begin to make the claim is Russia - but we all know about them, with their subs mysteriously sinking and their nukes missfiring.
To put it bluntly, get real! the US is THE millitary force of the world. To claim otherwise is to show all your ignorance.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

This is what got me to reply to your post. The US is the most powerfull millitary force the world has. Who can claim they are top dog? The only country that could even begin to make the claim is Russia - but we all know about them, with their subs mysteriously sinking and their nukes missfiring.
To put it bluntly, get real! the US is THE millitary force of the world. To claim otherwise is to show all your ignorance.

Much of the US claim to being 'Top Dog' is purely down to numerical supremacy over an opponent, for example the US policy indicates that they wont go to war without a 10 to 1 ratio of forces, IE the US force has to be 10 times larger than their opposition, otherwise the US military planners will recommend not going to war.

The India incident was interesting. You stated that the Indian fighters had a number of advantages and that this should be taken into account when doling out points, but thats just the sort of thing that the US will run into in the battle field. You cant control the number of fighters opposing you, you cant control the quality of the pilots opposing you. As for the 'crap radar' claim that has been floating around, I have yet to see any official substantiation of this claim and therefore discount this until such time as substantiation arises.

The push for the F-22 is good and will increase the US advantage a small amount, but its overdue and technology has already moved on in many areas. There are planes in service already with thrust vectoring, superior radar systems, comparable missile capabilities and range and speed. Add to this the fact that it will not be deployed overseas for at least another 5 years (it will take that long to migrate pilots and train them to a decent level and have them gain experience on the plane) and you have yet another mediocre plane when seen on the battle field.

I agree that the US is THE military force in the world, but it is precisely this that is frightening a number of countries. The EU has seen the problems in the past 20 years that arises with having the US 'defend' the EU (there was a lot of claiming on the US side that the EU should pay taxes to the US for this 'protection' from the Soviet threat) which has led to the EU setting up its own multinational military force (and boy, did the US ever bitch about that!!)

At the moment, in the circle of people I meet, there is a general consensus of opinion that the US has grown to threaten the world more than protect it. In the past 50 years, the US has invaded more countries than any other country (including Nazi Germany) and has deposed at least 3 DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED AND SUSTAINED governments. The US has threatened to cut off aid to poor countries unless those countries grant US troops imunity to any crime they commit while in that country (nice one this, US troops got off without any charge after a UN investigation proved that US troops were taking children of the age of 12 from a refugee camp in an african country and using them as sex slaves - nice use of imunity there you bastards)

Using the checklist that Bush laid down for the invasion of iraq, the US has actively been seeking new Weapons of Mass Destruction (has stated in numerous reports that it wishes to seek new nuclear weapons and increase its nuclear arsenal), has used chemical agents against civilian populations (agent orange in vietnam), threatens the sovereignty of other nations and maintains prisons that have been outside US law.

Oh, and the US is the only country to have had a UN resolution naming it as a state sponser of terrorism. The US likes to use the UN when it pleases them, but go its own way when the UN wont do what its told.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Referring to the usaf and iraf wargames in the air... its like playing basketball ball with a 4 year old retarded kid.... if you truly beleive the us was really letting on what they are actually capable of then you are truly naive. It was a shceme for the world to underestimate the usaf, when you underestimate someone, they gotchya. I think its ridiculous to think the usaf got 'showed up' by the indian royal airforce, c'mon theres more there than you realize.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by jrod8900]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join