It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superfluids as a coating for planes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
if a superfluid which experiences zero friction is applied to the surface of a flying body of matter that flying body will experience zero friction,the result will be that the body flies forever and doesnt stop.

I know for a fact black ops ripped off this idea via the aliens and their planes flew forever without stopping.

the same system can be applie to trains which travel on a layer of superfluid,once propelled they wouldnt stop as they experience zero friction.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Please stop making these nonsense threads!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HeresHowItGoes

Do you have any links, evidence or proof to support this claim?

No?

Then how do you think people are going to react to this thread?

Please do a little research before posting

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You know this for a fact?! That claim means you have irrefutable proof. WOW, I gotta see that.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
its pretty obvious when you apply a superfluid surface to air the air does not interact with the surface as their is zero friction
must i really post sources for something that is so easily deducible?, i mean its just basic deduction cant you deduce it?.

no i will not stop posting my science ideas,they are important and i want the world to see.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Your trolling is unoriginal and tedious

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Some knowledge on Superfluids.
Superfluid

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Superfluids do have a slight surface tension. My bad. Scratch that! I made a mistake. See my link.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeresHowItGoes
its pretty obvious when you apply a superfluid surface to air the air does not interact with the surface as their is zero friction
must i really post sources for something that is so easily deducible?, i mean its just basic deduction cant you deduce it?.

no i will not stop posting my science ideas,they are important and i want the world to see.

ha ha, Its nice to have idea's bud. Im just saying that a little bit of extra thought into your posts would make others take you a little more seriously. people on this website are not easily convinced. so.... Convince us.

as it stands your comment is just here-say. Do you understand what I'm getting at? Make a valuable arguement with irrefutable evidence so that no doubt is left in peoples minds so they do not object to your claim.

Peace Brother, and continue to spread your word throughout the world if thats what you feel is the right thing to do. Dont listen to these trolls. Listen to me.
edit on 20-3-2011 by uselesshobo because: changes our to your. typo

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

if a superfluid which experiences zero friction is applied to the surface of a flying body of matter that flying body will experience zero friction,the result will be that the body flies forever and doesnt stop.

I know for a fact black ops ripped off this idea via the aliens and their planes flew forever without stopping.

the same system can be applie to trains which travel on a layer of superfluid,once propelled they wouldnt stop as they experience zero friction.

Gravity! Did you ever stop to think about gravity? It almost always seems to be working. It pulls things down, even things flying with wings and props working, they gotta keep working or the thing falls down and goes "boom!" Slick or not.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This sounds very much like super conductors. Works great at absolute zero but there are some practical problems for general day to day use on planet Earth. Maybe there is some combination that produces this affect at higher temperatures, or yet another application of electromagnetic or some other energy to keep the electrons at their lowest possible orbits. Very interesting stuff.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
if someone has invented 'super fluids' , making airoplanes more economical would be the last thing on their mind.
i'd guess we'd see it first in automotive lubes (engine oil) and cooking oil first.
zero friction on a plane might be more trouble than its worth, needing half the fuel load just to stop the plane.
eh i dont know, was this a troll thread?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If there's zero friction, how does it stay on the surface its applied to?

top topics

join