It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaking loud noise heard in Florida - What this could be?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

That certainly is a plausible explanation. But, I did not see any smoke, dust/dirt debris etc. Surely there would have been some of that floating around.

I would have liked to see the other side of that tree line.

Hmmmm, This is a mystery.
edit on 03/07/2011 by delionqueen1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That was extremely freaky-To me the creepiest thing is that as soon as the flash of light occurs, the noise stops-as if something was being "shut off"....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just heard the exact same thing in SW Michigan! Thought for sure it had to be thunder but after seeing this video I'm not so sure. Definitely the same thing I heard. Didn't last as long as the video but it sure spooked me!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I grew up listening to Pratt & Whitney testing jet engines from about 15 miles away. The sound was much deeper than the video. About 6 months ago an accident happened on I-95 and a natural gas main was broke. The sound was very similar but sounds much closer than the 6 miles I was away from the site. Hope you find the cause. Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Delightism
Just heard the exact same thing in SW Michigan! Thought for sure it had to be thunder but after seeing this video I'm not so sure. Definitely the same thing I heard. Didn't last as long as the video but it sure spooked me!

What time, and what city?

Currently in Southfield here.

Thanks,
Parker

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

Heard the noise about 7 p.m. Located in Kalamazoo MI. I shrugged it off as thunder because of the storm that is currently on top of us, but something didn't sound right. I jumped on to see if anybody had posted anything about it and immediately saw this video. I didn't expect to find anything.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I just watched this vid in my you tube account and knew I could count on ATS to be on top of things!!!!

Very interesting and scary at the same time. I have been through many a tornado in my day, and first problem with this is there there were no warning sirens going off. In my area if even rotation is spotted in the area they set off the warning sirens. So I seriously doubt any tornadoes were anywhere in the area.
This sorta sounds almost like the space shuttle landing but it lasts way too long??? If it was some experimental test of our aircraft it seemed to last a really long time in this one area??

This is very puzzling? If it was some test, why so close to neighborhoods and why draw unwanted attention?
Strange!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tinkytink1207

Wow.

That video is very intense to watch. I don't think that ducting would last that long. If it was an airplane engine revving up I'm not sure why there would be a flash like that at the end.

I also live in Florida. But, I live on the Western Central coast. Last night I thought I felt shaking on my bed. But, as I am sick I attributed it to my perception being off. Now that I am reading these articles I am wondering if it wasn't in my mind.

I live fairly close to a major airport and I have sometimes heard the sound of an engine revving up. It can last for a long time. But, we all know that the airport is about 5 minutes away and so we expect to hear that on occaision. I've never seen a flashing light though. And, it's never been that loud. Also, I live about 10 minutes away from a major Air Force base. I've never heard anything that was quite like what was in the video.

Ok, here is something I found. This is a post from another woman in Florida about a similar sound (not offering any opinion just sharing the information).... scroll down to the post by Betsey Lane...www.city-data.com...
edit on 20-3-2011 by silversight because: additional information

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silversight

A plane's engine reversal thrust never lasts longer than 30secs or so, and only occurs when it lands. Plus, there is the fact of the distance between the house and the airport. You can only hear revs from the maximum distance of about 5-6 miles away and it is never that intense or lasts so long.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kromaion

Grr I hate my internet connection. I have to repost this again.

I agree with the comments about the revving sound of an airplane usually only lasting about 30 secs or so max. However, near where I live there is a major airport and along the side streets there are a few really huge buildings where they repair planes. When they are working on the planes you might hear the engine for 5+ minutes. But, we all know that the airport is right here and we all know about the repair buildings so we expect to hear some noise. The people in the video were completely shaken because it doesn't make sense for the area that they live in. Honestly, I'd be shaken, too. Even here by the airport where I hear some noise they are never like what was in that video.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

That is really freaky. At first, I thought it was military jets, but 20 minutes is too long. The flash of light and the sound going away is really creepy. I do not know what it is, could of been an alien craft, never know.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I live about 4 miles from an airport,a major UPS hub here in Louisville,ky,also they have a national guard base there.
Every once in awhile I will here a similiar noise lasting quit awhile,never really paid attention to how long.
But I always thought that the were working on engines and testing them.And it always sounded like it was right
in my back yard,it was so loud sometimes. I'm guessing maybe ten minutes,then another one would start.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silversight

thanks..that will help.
seems whomever is doing tests with saucer like craft. perhaps not to worry less it crashes or something.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Sounds like the Romulans are drilling the planet to drop some red matter sometime soon

Wow just watched the end of the video, this is very strange indeed, the sound stops right after that flash of light/lightening

To add also i have heard this sound many times over the UK but never this long, longest maybe 2 minutes i just assumed it was aircraft taking of at the nearby international airport
edit on 21-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I heard it here in the Midwest last week, same exact sound.

Didn't last that long though.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Are there any airbases near that place?

Literally the only thing i can think of is behind thos trees was a hovering harrier jump jet, also this could be a fake, so im going to take alook at the wave file to see if this has been stitched together

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join