It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaking loud noise heard in Florida - What this could be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sorry if this is the wrong topic, not sure where to post it.

Here are the OP comments:

"

Tallahassee Florida, 3-09-2011..
Around 6:30 on. What is this noise???

We thought for sure it was a Tornado, But it never changed it's position, and it lasted for well over 20 minutes or so... It was Soooo Loud, and it was shaking the house and the ground.
I called 911, They said they didnt know what it was, But that there were MANY calls coming in about the noise. They said they were sending patrols out to check it out...

There was a Flash of light that came from the same direction of the noise, then the noise just faded away. It was a relief obviously, I still thought it may have been a Tornado, But it also wasn't making any sense to me.
We even put the kids in the bathtub and put a mattress over them just in case. I called the News Station also, They told me it wasn't a Tornado, And that the police had told them to tell people it was an airplane revving it's engine at the airport. I live 4 miles from the airport, And I have lived here for 20 years, I have never heard an An airplane rev its engine at the airport, that was just insanity.

Here's what the National Weather Service said about it on a special statement:

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL 718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011 FLZ011-013>018-026-027-114-115-118-127-GAZ155>158-100230-
JACKSON-CALHOUN-INLAND GULF-INLAND FRANKLIN-GADSDEN-LEON- INLAND JEFFERSON-LIBERTY-INLAND WAKULLA-COASTAL GULF-COASTAL FRANKLIN-COASTAL JEFFERSON-COASTAL WAKULLA-SEMINOLE-DECATUR-GRADY-THOMAS 718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011 /618 PM CST WED MAR 9 2011/ ...STRANGE SOUNDS BEING REPORTED ACROSS THE FLORIDA BIG BEND...
THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL REPORTS OF VERY STRANGE SOUNDS FROM THE WOODVILLE AREA SINCE ABOUT 645 PM EST.

Anyone ever heard of this phenomenon called "Ducting"?

SOURCE[ed itby]edit on 20-3-2011 by elevenaugust because: Adding source

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/20/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

This was posted a few hours ago

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

That was weird. I have no idea what that was. Didn't sound like an airplane and it was strange that it stopped after the flash of light. Aliens would be my guess.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ther was a post about sonic booms in Fla. the other day .

Tremor in Florida - widespread, "was name of post"
edit on 20-3-2011 by DblxJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I've heard a hell of alot of thunder in my time and I know for sure it's not that. I sounds kind of like a launch of some sort but they don't take as long as you heard that, which I'm sure you know living in FL. Very strange indeed. The only thing I can think of is that it may have been a rocket engine test burn. How far are you from KSC?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sorry, I looked for but haven't found any related topic...

Anyway, here are the possible explanations I have found so far:

- "Ducting" caused by thunder from distant lighning strokes.

- "Earthquakes booms" also called "Seneca guns" caused by minor earthquakes, not sure that if this can lasted 20m long though...

- Air Force training exercices?

- HAARP? Bring more questions than answers, IMO.
edit on 20-3-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This was a freaking big UFO hovering like in Independence Day!
My first thought.
I´m sorry no idea, and I never heard about ducting before.
Here is a link which I don´t have the time now to test the sounds, but you could try to compare it to the sound we heard on your video.

weather.uwyo.edu...

Let´s hope it was not an UFO.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sounds like the Langoliers.

Do you run away from the noise, stay put, or run towards the noise??

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Existing Thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DblxJ

It was here: (I think)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here is the msm covering the story

video.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Sorry if I confused you, but I'm not the woman who posted the video.

Langoliers?.... Stephen King... Yeah, I remember the humming sound that warned the guys about the Langoliers arrival.

Could it be that the Florida sound warm us for something special to come?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Damned if I know what that is. It sounds like some kind of propulsion.

The light at the end was also strange.

Have you ever had this happen before?

If you get the chance go looking around to where you think the source was, maybe you will find so evidence of something.

Thanks for the post.

link   
Ok that was really weird, I have to say. And your video doesn't look like a hoax at all. Now I wonder what the hell could it be? To me it sounds like a plane running for take-off, but if that WAS the case, it wouldn't take so much time, no more than 20 secs, and the noise would also fade out very soon. Not a tornado as well... My guess would be maybe a military aircraft or some kind of test? I won't discard the possibility of being an UFO (alien-like type of engineering). You know, I was just telling a friend yesterday, how weird it is that when I was a kid I could spot stars, the moon and everything in the sky so easily, almost every day, and nowadays almost like 90% of the time I jsut can't see anything, it's usually that the sky is completely overcast and cloudy, or theres polution issues... It doesn't matter what the problem is, but theres always something that won't allow me to watch the skies. Now notice in your video that the sky was also completely overcast, just like it is here today, right now. It's weird to me, but then again, maybe it's just me.

Obe thing is certain though, it sure as hell is scary and I am glad you recorded it for future reference. Thanks!

link   
I'm all the over in Saint Augustine, Florida. It's cloudy like it is in the video but I haven't heard any sounds. And I was up til 7 am and didn't hear a thing so... I wonder what it was

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am not buying the MSM story on this,

This is very weird.

It could be that there is something going to happen soon..

Good or bad, I wish and hope for good.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I dont kno what that sound can be, but it does sou nd like the engines of a large craft.. perhaps cloaked?

seriously it sounds like engines...massive ones at that...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by darrylss

I totally agree with you large turbines or propulsion of some kinds, either military craft thats able to hover in the clouds or ET craft but the flashing in the clouds suggest to me that whatever it is/was it was hiding in the clouds.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Tornado! Really, as in RAF Tornado. Check it out.
They do some training in the states.
Can't be very steathy though with that noise.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think I have the explanation. Although this facility was in Utah, I'm fairly sure NASA has one in Florida aswell.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join