It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a loving Jesus or God wait this long before reappearing?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

All that is said of God has been from man.

No i don't agree with that...

If you want to understand God, read christs words... he is truth incarnate. Understand christ and you can understand the mind of God.

edit on 1-4-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It's not waiting if He's always known the exact moment He would make His return.

Everything we're currently seeing now is but a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy in regards to the end times. Or at least, the beginnings of it.
edit on 1-4-2011 by JDWriter because: Typo.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Typically most humans that are of a mature age have some level of disappointment that God has not stepped in and up sooner, I am a believer and I have disappointment myself. So I really do get it. And the bible itself says we could feel that way.
Proverbs 13:12

Delayed hope makes one sick at heart

There are a few scriptures that address this typical thought pattern.

Habakkuk 2:3

The vision will still happen at the appointed time. It hurries toward its goal. It won't be a lie. If it's delayed, wait for it. It will certainly happen. It won't be late.

Here are two that show why God hasn't intervened yet.

1 Peter 3:9

The Lord isn't slow to do what he promised, as some people think. Rather, he is patient for your sake. He doesn't want to destroy anyone but wants all people to have an opportunity to turn to him and change the way they think and act.

Matthew 24:14

And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end.

We are still in a period of time where God wants humans all over the earth to repent of major sins and accept Jesus Christ sacrifice. This takes time, longer than most humans want to wait. God is not bound to the human concepts of time.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
We are still in a period of time where God wants humans all over the earth to repent of major sins and accept Jesus Christ sacrifice. This takes time, longer than most humans want to wait. God is not bound to the human concepts of time.

This is right at the heart of it right here, well said!

God has ensured the absolute maximum amount of time for as many souls to receive Christ as possible. Yes, it's disheartening that all of these things are happening and negatively effecting so many people worldwide. Heart-breaking even. But rest assured it's all occurring on a pre-planned road map with the souls of the unsaved claiming the most importance out of anything involved. And with good reason!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

If you want to understand God, read christs words... he is truth incarnate. Understand christ and you can understand the mind of God.

Sure. The what, 7th man born of a virgin. Get serious. I do not listen to God's bastard sons.
Do you really believe in invisible flying sperm and a God who would impregnate his own mother.
The dumbest concept ever thought up by idiot men.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDWriter
It's not waiting if He's always known the exact moment He would make His return.

Everything we're currently seeing now is but a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy in regards to the end times. Or at least, the beginnings of it.

Keep waiting then now that you have taken away God's free will by tying him to a timeline.

Jesus said that the time of the end was at hand in his day. A generation would not pass etc. What prophesy do you have to contradict his direct words?

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Typically most humans that are of a mature age have some level of disappointment that God has not stepped in and up sooner, I am a believer and I have disappointment myself. So I really do get it. And the bible itself says we could feel that way.
Proverbs 13:12

Delayed hope makes one sick at heart

There are a few scriptures that address this typical thought pattern.

Habakkuk 2:3

The vision will still happen at the appointed time. It hurries toward its goal. It won't be a lie. If it's delayed, wait for it. It will certainly happen. It won't be late.

Here are two that show why God hasn't intervened yet.

1 Peter 3:9

The Lord isn't slow to do what he promised, as some people think. Rather, he is patient for your sake. He doesn't want to destroy anyone but wants all people to have an opportunity to turn to him and change the way they think and act.

Matthew 24:14

And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end.

That being the case, he is irrelevant to us. If he cannot share our time he is not fit to be our God.

As to you tying your salvation to a scapegoat Jesus. God rejected that immoral profiteering from the murder of an innocent man. You should as well. That is an immoral practice.

This speaks to that if you do not want to continue to hell for your ugly blood lust.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Sure. The what, 7th man born of a virgin. Get serious. I do not listen to God's bastard sons.
Do you really believe in invisible flying sperm and a God who would impregnate his own mother.
The dumbest concept ever thought up by idiot men.

Regards
DL

God has no bastard sons my friend we are all equal. Some just don't understand...

Honestly i have no opinons on the imaculate conception... I wasn't there so who am i to say it didn't happen. Apparently Jesus walked on water as well which is pretty far fetched, it just might be an analogy but who knows, again i wasn't there.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well, if you hear all that B S and cannot say that it likely did not happen, thanks to all the other impossible magic and miracles of scripture, then you are showing that you are not much of a thinker.
You have bought into magic and fantasy.
This is not good.
look what it leads to--------

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Are insults necessary?

I buy into nothing. You are decieved by believing you know everything...

How do you know it didn't happen? Perhaps you're psychic?

We're you there?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Are insults necessary?

We're you there?

I just hope that insult is enough to knock you out of your mind set that says that magic, fantasy and miracles are all real.

I guess it did not work.

If you ever get out of you silly mind set, come back and we can discuss the real God of this world.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Are insults necessary?

We're you there?

I just hope that insult is enough to knock you out of your mind set that says that magic, fantasy and miracles are all real.

I guess it did not work.

If you ever get out of you silly mind set, come back and we can discuss the real God of this world.

Regards
DL

Hahaha, oh i can't wait....yes please lets discuss your God....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

When you change your mind set.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Which means never....Fine with me

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDWriter

Keep waiting then now that you have taken away God's free will by tying him to a timeline.

Per Revelation 22:13:

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

A timeline? Not quite. More like everything simply is according to His Divine will. Keyword there, of course, being "will". The Lord knows the timing and results of all things fore it is all a direct representation of His will. Plain and simple.

Jesus said that the time of the end was at hand in his day. A generation would not pass etc. What prophesy do you have to contradict his direct words?

What Jesus meant by "generation" in Matthew 24:34 is up for debate, as I'm sure you're well aware of. Some believe what he said was literal and the generation did in fact not pass away until that portion(s) of the prophecy was fulfilled (in the first-century A.D). Still others subscribe to the theory that he was referring to the generation that witnessed the re-birth of Israel as a nation in 1948.

In the end, it's really of little importance. Jesus gave us plenty of signs to look out for in the end times that are occurring with alarming intensity all around us at this very moment. The signs are numerous and I won't rehash them here as I'm sure they've been detailed multiple times throughout these here forums.

If anyone's curious however, just ask and I'll bust out some Knowledge for you.

(Curiosity and perhaps sometimes even criticism are the first steps for some in ultimately coming to grips with the fact that the Bible is, indeed, the infallible Word of God. I pray that you may come to this conclusion on your own terms and at your own pace and that you acquire an unquenchable thirst for the Scriptures -- ultimately leading to your salvation.
)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I suggest that God and Jesus are progressively less good and more cruel, over time, if he or they do not reappear. That would be immoral and God cannot be immoral. That confirms to my mind, that reading Jesus as an archetype, is the right way to read scripture. Otherwise, Jesus and or God, are shown to be immoral constructs.

This really reminds me of the selfish child who blames his/her parents for all the foibles that come with youth.

Dad won't let you borrow the car keys?
Mom insists on knowing who you are going out with?
Stuck at home on the weekend because you were grounded for poor grades?
Parents can't - or won't - afford those trendy shoes that cost $200 per pair?

Yeah, Mom and Dad are progressively less good and more cruel, over time. And you can bet that this will hold true until you reach a point that lies squarely between getting your first job and moving out on your own.

No, not you personally... but just in general.

We are an immature, child-race that thrives on division and creating suffering in others. We are selfish, indifferent to those in need and apt to throw a temper tantrum without warning.

We have screwed our cultures, our societies and our world... and now we want to blame God for not rushing to our aid to fix our mess.

I think the Almighty is sort of waiting for us to realize that our problems are of our own making.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Does that mean that if you were a loving father, you would not appear to help your children by correcting them?

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

So much for parental love.

BTW, I do not expect anything from your fantasy God. I do not belong to your fantasy and magical world.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

On the basis that it is better to grant life than death.

I asked on what basis can you claim it's immoral. So from this answer this basis is just your personal opinion? Or do you think there is an objective standard that life is precious?

I am saying that it is immoral for a God to kill when it is just as easy for him to cure those he thinks defective.
Especially if he, as Bible god does, professes to love the one's he is killing. Murdering, if like me, you do not see how small children and babies could deserve to have their lives ended.

The problem with this reasoning is God could have an adequate and sufficient reason that is beyond you ability to comprehend. After all he is God, he created life and the entire universe. He is necessarily aware of more than you can imagine. It is arrogant in the extreme that you would presume to have enough knowledge to pass such a judgment. You are in no position to make that call.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Does that mean that if you were a loving father, you would not appear to help your children by correcting them?

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

So much for parental love.

Wait, what?

You do realize that this verse has absolutely nothing to do with your claim, correct? I think the key word here is "correcteth" although, you seem to think this means "saveth" perhaps?

Yay? Nay?

BTW, I do not expect anything from your fantasy God. I do not belong to your fantasy and magical world.

And yet you started a thread about it... how very ironic.

Your personal opinions and beliefs are your own and I respect them as they should be respected. Let's grow up here, my friend. We're all adults here -- no matter how "out there" or radical, no one's personal and/or spiritual belief system on here should be considered "fantasy" or existing in a "magical world." That's just ignorant, close-minded and quite frankly, showing me that you're essentially trolling in lieu of any actual debate.

Once again, I'll be praying for you.

edit on 10-4-2011 by JDWriter because: Minor edit.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

God created the entire universe and everything in it. Who are you to think you could POSSIBLY know the mind of God?

My heart goes out to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join