It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a loving Jesus or God wait this long before reappearing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Jesus would know and live in the same kind of time frame as you and I. He would perceives time as you and I do.

He has been gone, to some, and to himself, for 2000 years. To others, who see Jesus as an archetype, much longer. Back to Egypt and Sumer. I am of this group and see Jesus born in the 4th millennium BC. That or he was what, the 7th bastard son of God. God forbid.

The God I know is a good God and I recognize that you think your God is a good God as well.
I want to highlight here that the word God also represents your political God as defined as whatever set of rules you follow day to day. Atheists can thus have a God without it being an insult, as well as all other peoples.

Defining the word good, in God’s absence, is quite the chore as our self pride tries to make us all lower case g Gods. A good thing.

I suggest that God and Jesus are progressively less good and more cruel, over time, if he or they do not reappear. That would be immoral and God cannot be immoral.
That confirms to my mind, that reading Jesus as an archetype, is the right way to read scripture. Otherwise, Jesus and or God, are shown to be immoral constructs.

I suggest that God and or Jesus, real or not, have broken their covenant with mankind.

As we speak, 6 million starve to death yearly. 1 holocaust per year my friends. No God or Jesus who wants to be seen as having relevance, kindness or mercy for mankind, would be waiting in the wings as this and other carnage ravages the human race. No way.

www.youtube.com...

God began to break his covenant with mankind in Eden by cursing the earth and has progressively pulled further back and lives up to at least one small part of the covenant but allowing, if you please, man kind their Dominion.

It is no wonder that Bible God will have no one above him. No one can stoop that low.

God is dead.
Thank God, God is dead.
Long live God.

God as defined as a set of rules that is, thus all benefit as secularism leads the way to better rules.

God became the Word. The word is Secular.

Would he continue to allow a new holocaust every year?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think if there was a God, he would have either destroyed humanity around the time of the Holocaust, or when the nukes were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Maybe that's what 2012 is all about, God being so fed up with humanity that he exterminates us with earthquakes, volcanoes, solar flares, meteoroids, tsunamis, storms, you name it.

But I don't think there is a God, I think that's just a coping device that people use to help them deal with the fact that we all have to die one day. I would like to believe that there's a land of clouds and white clothing and eternal bliss in the afterlife, but that just sounds like another silly fairytale IMO.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

I don't like saying this but, Jesus was just a man my friend. The churches made him into a God which he wasn't... Sent from God i'll agree with that, a teacher of the highest knowledge, i'll give him that for sure.

The idea of Jesus returning is a myth, but in fact some people say he has already returned! Not in the flesh, but in the hearts of men.

Considering how many people are learning the truth spiritual path in these days, i would tend to agree with that...

I don't believe Jesus will be returning to earth in the flesh....but perhaps one day another teacher will come.

Truely i pray for this... though i'd also think if he did return....most would not recongnize him. They would call him a liar, and inevidably kill him like all the other true teachers.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I believe the whole religion thing is a scam....Sorry if this offends anyone.
How could a God, who promised not to flood the earth again after the whole Noah incident, let all of these things happen?
If a poleshift occurs, you can bet that it was most likely a scam.
I mean, he left a rainbow as a promise...or so it says.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
In God's defence.

As long as you humans have the power to chance the world, we must not interfere.
Although he says. The end time is indeed approaching. Care for the world as a child, move forward from there. Your choice your destiny. We will meet you halfway

edit on 20-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
God's not going to wait much longer. I believe that God allows problems such as famine and war in order to give us an opportunity to learn to have compassion for our fellow man and do these things for ourselves. As a loving Father, He's trying to teach His children how to behave if they hope to become part of His family in Heaven.

I would expect disinfo like the OP to come from none other than:

We don't have much longer to wait. Reading the Book of Revelation these days is like picking up a newspaper. The two minute warning has sounded, and it's PUCKER TIME.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Did he not interfere by sending his only son to die for our sins?

The big question I have is why did he appear two thousand years ago and why not now? With all the forms of communication available today, he would have been able to get his message out to world wide audience and not just a few hundred thousand.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Would he continue to allow a new holocaust every year?

What exactly do you propose God should do if He were to appear?

God is supposedly within everyone of us, yet we do not hear his voice. What makes you think we would pay attention if God appeared somewhere in the world among us?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

You've never heard Gods voice?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have often wondered about what people call "God." I too think the whole religion thing, and by that I mean any religion that follows a "book." I believe strongly that the Romans wrote the New Testament, every bit of it, and no doubt made most of the stories up as they went along. As for Yesuah, at last count there were 16 of them, and not a one was a God, and not a one started a religion, or inspired a book. Link

A very wise woman said to me, when I was but a child...."if that which you seek cannot be found inside.... it will never be found outside." Well, I found the Father and Mother deep inside, and got to know them very well. I know they are not the Ultimate Divinity, but they have a connection to the Ultimate Divinity. I realized that everyone of humanity are Gods, and Goddesses in their own right, you are all in training down here on Earth. Humanity will have to Ascend through several lower dimensions before coming even close to the Divine.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

i agree with you in a sence, we are Gods of our own lives... i don't like to use the Term God when refering to myself though. Lord of my own domain might be easier to handle, but again its still a label.

We are of God but only a part of the whole...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Look at it this way, the longer he waits, the more time you have to repent for your sins.

Jesus would know and live in the same kind of time frame as you and I. He would perceives time as you and I do.
Not so. The Jesus Christians are familiar with believe that he and God are one in the same.- John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
God is not in our space time continuum. He is in eternity

He has been gone, to some, and to himself, for 2000 years. To others, who see Jesus as an archetype, much longer. Back to Egypt and Sumer. I am of this group and see Jesus born in the 4th millennium BC. That or he was what, the 7th bastard son of God. God forbid.

Again, Christians believe that Jesus was God incarnate.

The God I know is a good God and I recognize that you think your God is a good God as well.
How can you possibly 'think' what others think? Christians believe that God is not good, But Great.

I want to highlight here that the word God also represents your political God as defined as whatever set of rules you follow day to day. Atheists can thus have a God without it being an insult, as well as all other peoples.
Christians follow the ten commandments. If only politicians did that this world would be a better place

Defining the word good, in God’s absence, is quite the chore as our self pride tries to make us all lower case g Gods. A good thing.
Please, if you would be so kind as to elaborate and or define Good and God.

I suggest that God and Jesus are progressively less good and more cruel, over time, if he or they do not reappear. That would be immoral and God cannot be immoral.

Looks like you answered your own tangled statement.

I suggest that God and or Jesus, real or not, have broken their covenant with mankind.
Do you even know what a covenant is? Please, what covenant have they broke? So far all covenants have been fullfilled.

As we speak, 6 million starve to death yearly. 1 holocaust per year my friends. No God or Jesus who wants to be seen as having relevance, kindness or mercy for mankind, would be waiting in the wings as this and other carnage ravages the human race. No way.

.Im so sick of this same cowardly statement. Do yourself a favor and learn about the fall of man. oh and btw Christians believe that God intervenes with people all the time. This is what Christians call miracles.

God began to break his covenant with mankind in Eden by cursing the earth and has progressively pulled further back and lives up to at least one small part of the covenant but allowing, if you please, man kind their Dominion.
How so? please again elaborate? Man broke this first covenant with god.

It is no wonder that Bible God will have no one above him. No one can stoop that low.

It seems that your statements have no theological backing what so ever. Apparently you are reaching out in hopes that someone comes along and explains things to you on an elementary basis,or you are just trying to get a rise out of Christians.Either way you sound ignorant as to the topic of your discussion.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by autowrench

i agree with you in a sence, we are Gods of our own lives... i don't like to use the Term God when refering to myself though. Lord of my own domain might be easier to handle, but again its still a label.

We are of God but only a part of the whole...

I believe the term, according to everything Seinfeld, is "Master of my Domain."
I figure I am my domain, my word is me, I am my world. I have learned much in this, one of many lives I have lived and loved in, living and dying became almost a sport in earlier times. I guess in some men's minds it still is. Don't have a "Lord" though.....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There is absolutely no need for "god" at all.
I watched tonight at a fast food joint (sunday night) as a white older couple and a younger man proselytized an african-american woman during a meal. She was apparantly distraught over some sort of relationship issue, and also over the half dozen children of hers between the ages of 8 and infancy. They were all dressed in their "sunday best" and the older gentleman had an air about him while he listened to the complaints of the lady - I couldn't hear the entire conversation and honestly wish I had heard none of it...every sentence he uttered started something like "Well GOD......blah blah blah".....
Honestly. Seriously. Do you really have to have a supernatural being to tell you to get out of a bad relationship and keep your damned legs together?
It's not religion or god that I hate so much, it's the attitudes and mindsets of people who claim to believe. Now, I'm not singling anyone out here, so don't rant back at me about what YOU personally believe - I'd rather get a prostate exam from a saguaro cactus than hear about what god is to you.
There are people you would swear were non-believers in god. They swear, they drink, they cheat on their wives, they do drugs - but heaven forbid - let them find out YOU are an atheist and they act like they just caught you in the act of sodomizing babies that you've skinned alive.
Why don't I believe in god? There are a billion reasons. Millions of those reasons will go hungry this week. Millions will be abused by their caretakers. Thousands will be murdered in cold blood....all the while god is sitting on his hands, watching the game - hearing their cries for help and then stating "Ooop...I would, but there's that "free will" thing....SORRY about that" - kinda like riding in the back of a truck with your kid and the kid says "Hey dad, hold my toy for me", then slips and is hanging by one hand off the back screaming for your help....you answer...."I would son, but....I've got this toy right here and CAN'T"
Not a good excuse for a god. That one doesn't compute. Not buying it.
I honestly don't see how people believe the pitiful excuses offered for gods non-intervention.
Why hasn't god or jesus reappeared? Why wasn't humpty dumpty ever put back together again?
Simple. Not real.
Things make a lot more sense when you can finally wrap your mind around that.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

About 2,000 years ago God had an affair with a little jewish girl
and people are still talking about it!
Would you want to come back when thats all people care to talk about?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

It was more like rape - she had no choice in the matter.

By the laws of this country, today, god would be sentenced to 20+ years in prison for child molestation/rape.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
God actually anticipated this objection and had Peter write bout it explicitly,

“The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. ” (2 Pe 3:9)

Jesus hinted at his long absence in his parables. The parable about the bride (the church) and the bridegroom is an example,

“As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept. ” (Mt 25:5)

By the looks of things it will not be much longer.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Did he not interfere by sending his only son to die for our sins?

The big question I have is why did he appear two thousand years ago and why not now? With all the forms of communication available today, he would have been able to get his message out to world wide audience and not just a few hundred thousand.

Don't believe in books, Believe in what you feel. Shape your god from there. I dont know if god had a son

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I don't like saying this but, Jesus was just a man my friend. The churches made him into a God which he wasn't... Sent from God i'll agree with that, a teacher of the highest knowledge, i'll give him that for sure.

The idea of Jesus returning is a myth, but in fact some people say he has already returned! Not in the flesh, but in the hearts of men.

Considering how many people are learning the truth spiritual path in these days, i would tend to agree with that...

Secularism is pushing religion aside.
What true spiritual path are you alluding to?

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join