It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS are you messing with me O.o

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I keep getting logged in and out.
Then when I click post reply, or really anything that Im clicking on,
sometimes it will just take me to a completley different part of the site. Or close the webpage,
or a box will pop up saying YOU HAVE MALWARE click ok to scan, and I DONT WANT SOME RANDOM PAGE SCANNIMG MY COMPUTER
wtf is going on? That is all I want to know. Are there virus' here? OR is it just something else? Anyone having the same problem?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Spywhere on your cpu hun, scan it..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's the CIA hacking your computer.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

Herphasiphygonalaids of the computer.

Go to this link : CLICK!!!

Follow instructions.

Profit.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Did you spill any drink containing aspartame on your pc lately?

Just a thought!

Seriously though, you need to scan your system,
Good luck!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That was happening to me yesterday it was quite odd.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You have a malware virus...they can be quite destructive and annoying. First restart your computer in safe mode with networking.(keep tapping f8 while your computer is starting up)
2nd download a free malware remover called Malwarebytes and scan your computer.
This should remove the virus.

:Edit: Anytime you see this pop up that says "your computer is infected click here to scan" IMMEDIATELY turn off your computer with a hard shutdown(hold down the power button). 9 out of 10 times this will keep you from getting the virus. Anything you click on that pop up can and will give you the virus, even the X to close the page. Good luck and if I can help you more send me a message and I'll do what I can.
edit on 20-3-2011 by DisturbedToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Ive been getting the same fake virus thing the last couple of days aswell,i just press the x(close page icon)in the top right of the screen to get rid of it,i have got malware bytes and did a full scan last night with no success of detecting it!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thankyou for all of the advice (:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
As much as I was always anti-microsoft, I have to say that microsoft security essentials is a pretty great free scanner.. I like it because it's lightweight and doesn't get in the way.. I use malwarebytes for weekly scans

Whenever I've gotten the pop up saying I might be infected ( not gotten it in a long time ) .. I don't power down the machine quickly, nor do I use the x icon to close the window .. I've gotten infected before even by x'ing out.. I've just gotten into the habbit of ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the task manager, finding my browser task and then ending it..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
disinfo agents & shills have compromised your system..

that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
It's the CIA hacking your computer.

Its not the C.I.A. since we are unable to smoke indoors, most of our time is spent outdoors, so we really are not sure of what your IE version is, perhaps upgrade it !

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You have a malware virus...they can be quite destructive and annoying. First restart your computer in safe mode with networking.(keep tapping f8 while your computer is starting up)
2nd download a free malware remover called Malwarebytes and scan your computer.
This should remove the virus.

:Edit: Anytime you see this pop up that says "your computer is infected click here to scan" IMMEDIATELY turn off your computer with a hard shutdown(hold down the power button). 9 out of 10 times this will keep you from getting the virus. Anything you click on that pop up can and will give you the virus, even the X to close the page. Good luck and if I can help you more send me a message and I'll do what I can.

Excellent advice, and this works for many of the nastier ones. Note also, you can use an uninfected PC to Google these instructions too, including a step to change the proxy server, so you can actually go to the correct site when in safe mode with networking. Another tip, wireless rarely works in safe mode, usually, you'll need an actual network cable hooked up.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I have had issues before with my antivirus picking up ATS itself as a virus or bad site. I've had to log in several times before until I added it to my trusted list.

And Signals...buddy.. it's "....that's the way that lady luck dances...." I don't remember Neil ever talking about a cookie.

top topics

join