It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the best the world can muster???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Fukushima situation, which will affect the entire world if gone array, has pretty much received no help at all from the world powers.

When I say help, I don't mean the charities and recuers from the international community. I mean metal, big highly technological pieces of gear that could be of use in this disaster.

Take the US for example. All this useless military spending building planes and ships for an enemy that will never come, for a war that will never happen due to M.A.D.

Shouldn't the great world powers be rushing their ships to Japan carrying whatever "gear" they have at their disposal? Even if it meant radiation contamination to those involved. Aren't there Fukushima 50's like men in every country? Not that the radiation wouldn't reach you later wherever country such men happen to live in anyways.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I quess so.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redneck from Hell
The Fukushima situation, which will affect the entire world if gone array, has pretty much received no help at all from the world powers.

Take the US for example. All this useless military spending building planes and ships for an enemy that will never come, for a war that will never happen due to M.A.D.

Shouldn't the great world powers be rushing their ships to Japan carrying whatever "gear" they have at their disposal?

Not quite sure where you come up with their having received little outside help from other countries.

The US has sent a team of their Top Nuclear Experts to assist their Japanese counterparts in how best to handle or address the situation.

US Armed Forces have been flying support missions nearly nonstop since the entire thing started. Earthquake, Tsunami, Nuclear incident, etc.

I receive SitReps from various bases around the world on a daily basis and those stationed at Okinawa [Marines, specifically] have been damn near working 'round the clock to provide aide, support, supplies, etc.

'8 Phrogs (CH-46) and 10 or more C-130s North to Iwakuni'

'along with our other OSA aircraft (3 jets, 1 C-12 from Oki), Two C-12s from Iwakuni,
getting people up to Yokota (Tokyo area), Iwakuni, Atsugi, etc' - To help get people AWAY from the worst hit areas.

join