It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrities that have signed a pact with the Devil.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So apparently Kurt Cobain signed a deal that he would get too famous and then blow his brains out in exchange for his soul?

He sure got the raw end of that deal.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I don't believe you did do it. Properly - with a candle and everything. Door closed, and say it out loud. Then open the door again.

There are candles in my bathroom....the bathroom is yards from where im sat. I did as you said just for a laugh haha, the only thing outside the door was my cat...and she always sits outside the door when im in the bathroom.
She is not the devil..and the devil didnt appear. I dont know which film/song/book you read that but its total utter bull *&%$.

Like i said before...prove the devil is real
Whilst your there you might as well prove god is real too...when you do...go to the news station and have your proof sent all around the world where scientists and other people can then look and confirm/deny its real. You wouldnt have to sell your soul to the devil...you would be the most famous person in living history if you can categorically prove the existence of either of them.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

When he signed the pact, all he wanted was fame and fortune - He got it, but the the Devil called for his soul at 27 years old, if I recall?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

Ahahah whatever you say bro..

That's why Ozzy got a load of crosses in his house..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The devil will make himself known to you soon, don't worry.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MobSaget

Perhaps he's fearing the pact he made, and trying to undo it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I was watching a comedy roast of larry the cable guy and when marsha brady (don't know her real name) spoke she said "self-respect is the thing you traded for fame when you made your pact with satan." when referencing the fact that he was a slob. The satan part was rather random, and not even associated with any punch line in the joke.

There are many. In fact, I almost think making a deal with satan is necessary to become a celebrity, and i don't really believe in satan.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariess

Yes, I think so too, I reckon if I made a pact with the devil, I'd could essentially become world famous by next week.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The devil will make himself known to you soon, don't worry.

I very much doubt it

I thought you said it would be there when i opened the door....now your saying it could be anytime in my future...probably when ive had enough of this site and leave because of all the stupid threads and ideas.
" He left because the devil took his soul " ermmmmm NO lol
Its a cop out...to blame all the bad things in life on the devil. Take some responsibility for your actions, dont blame the devil unless you can prove it/he/she/they are real.

Ive had my fare share of suffering in my life...thats just life. Its not the devils work...its society and people.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Shouldn't you include Jim morrison, Janis joplin and Robert johnson too then..

Simon cowell?..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Honestly, I think perhaps he DID make himself known and you have dismissed it - so he will make himself known in a much more "in your face" way soon. (Since you have confirmed his presence. )

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm going to try to get my friend, who is an atheist, to make a pact with the devil so our band can be famous.

Would this work? I would like to make it clear that it is not me selling my soul but my friend. I'm trying to see any loopholes in this theory. If there is a Satan, I don't fancy spending my eternity with him, so...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The "Devil" as you put it is "The Entertainment Industry" itself. Whatever it may singers, musicians, dancers, actors or comedians. It means you have sold out your soul to the industry. The wealth, exploitation and excesses etc!! When you get it in that game there is a big compromise to the soul. You turn a blind eye to its many shortcomings as long as you had your chance at fame and made some bucks!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

Yes, try it and see if it works!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I am the devil and I am here to do the devils work.

ooga booga kid!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Honestly, I think perhaps he DID make himself known and you have dismissed it - so he will make himself known in a much more "in your face" way soon. (Since you have confirmed his presence. )

like i say...i doubt it VERY much.
I know a few celebs myself...and they have never mentioned anything about selling their soul to the devil. Yea they are not A list celebs...ones was a premier league football manager, the others works on UK tv.
Rod Stewart lives up the road to me...never seen anything untoward at his place...same with Alan Sugar, David Sullivan, Ronnie Osullivan, numerous footballers....im sure id have seen the devil if there was one being in such close proximity to all these stars. Or maybe he just waits outside bathrooms??? and disguises himself as the family pet?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Let that ill gotten doughnut be forever on your head.

Seriously though. I think it has more to do with selling your soul to the record execs then anything else. Except of course for Robert Johnson. The crossroads and all.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

From what ive read about the entertainment industry in order to become part of the inner circle and have the backing of major production companies they must perform some kind of sinful or perverse act.
IIts basically blackmale this tactic is used in politics also.

The piles of Coke and women or men along with being turned into a modern day God with your own worshippers doesnt hurt either.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Ariess

Yes, I think so too, I reckon if I made a pact with the devil, I'd could essentially become world famous by next week.
No you couldn't and you wouldn't. The "devil" wouldn't even show up for you. Anyway, like another poster said, the devil is a metaphor for the music industry. Your other version is just superstition...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Perhaps because you think it's a lot of razzmatazz fooy that you too, are not famous. Maybe if you believed you would have become a celeb too?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join