It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally decided to join ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hello all! I, too, have been a long time lurker around the ATS site. I finally decided to create my very own, uniquely-me account.

One of the absolute top reasons I decided to join is that most people on this site are respectful of each other and really try hard to investigate the topic(s) at hand. The times that I have seen someone be disrespectful, there has always been an immediate reply defending the "victim" and reiterating that we should all have respect.

This is so different from just about every other social networking site I have ever been on and it is one of the reasons I have come back to this site again and again over the last several years. (Yes, I did say years!)

Another reason I wanted to join is to connect with like-minded people.

Why now, after lurking for all these years? The world (and the earth) are changing! To borrow from Stephen King, the world has "moved on".

So maybe one of these days I will actually have something relevant to say and will post something on a topic.

I look forward to getting to know you all and seeing what membership here has to offer that trolling doesn't.
**impish grin**

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hello and welcome !!

its a great place to be ..sometimes a little addictive

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Welcome!!!!. I agree that it can at times be addictive, especially during times when so much is happening in the world.
What topics on this site interest you the most?
edit on 20-3-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriosityDrivesMe

Welcome to ATS. A mod will be along to tell you something that you probably already know...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Welcome!..and hope you have fun here..I know I have..And when I say fun..some members on here have made me laugh so hard at the really hilarious things they have said .Ones that say things on purpose that is.
It can get chaotic here, but since it is a place to express your opinions, feel free to jump in.

edit on 20-3-2011 by ellieN because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

The origins of civilization, pretty much any ancient history. Politics, UFOs, religious history, NWO.
I was reading a thread where people were sharing their dreams - all the dreams were similar. I thought that was astounding. Of course, I can't remember the forum where I found that.

Science (especially physics, not that I'm any good at it). Human nature in general. Music. And I am a voracious reader. When I was a young girl, I read so much that I got in trouble because I never wanted to go outside, ever! Kudos to my parental units for making get out into the sunshine.

By the way, I love your signature line. One of the best science fiction episodes ever!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriosityDrivesMe

Gday and welcome. Enjoy.

Ps I like stephen king too, especially the dark tower series.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Welcome! I recently joined as well for the exact same reasons as you!

new topics

top topics

join