It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKIP show their colours on Womens Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
One of UKIPs new MEP's was given a place on the Women's Rights Commitee, he opened his big gob and my, what a lot of crap spilled out.

I really really hope they keep this up. It saves everyone else the bother of having to point out what they stand for.

Sky News

"No self-respecting small businessman with a brain in the right place would ever employ a lady of child-bearing age," said Godfrey Bloom, a UK Independence Party MEP.
Mr Bloom, an investment fund manager from York, was speaking on his first day in Strasbourg - after being given a place on the Women's Rights Committee.

He said he wanted to deal with women's issues because "I just don't think they clean behind the fridge enough".

Later, Mr Bloom went on television to expand on his views on women's rights, saying: "The more women's rights you have, it's actually a bar to their employment.

He added: "That isn't politically incorrect, is it? But it's a fact of life. I know, because I am a businessman."

On the Women's Rights Committee no less. I wonder what bright spark gave him that role? I don't know if it's his party that gives him the role or not. If it wasn't I wonder if he was deliberately given the place to show him up?

[edit on 21-7-2004 by kegs]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Heaven knows. It's amazing that someone could be so bigoted and ignorant in this day and time. I don't imagine he'll be around for another term.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I dont know about you but if Ive got a choice between a woman and man of equal standing, I would employ the man purely based on the fact that he wont take a year off to have a baby.

You would have to do whats best for the company and not whats PC. However if the woman was better qualified then Id go with her.

Its got nothing to do with womens rights but rather the wellbeing of the prospective employers.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Flyer,

You are just as bias as the new member of the Ukip,

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Flyer,

You are just as bias as the new member of the Ukip,

Nope, just a realist.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
All i can say is finally,
I knew it wouldn't be long until they showed their real views.
What makes me laugh about UKIP is that they wanted to go to the EU and expose the corruption, but a UKIP member has be accused of corruption last week.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
*rolling around on the floor laughing*

The best bit...

*sniff* wipes tear from eye...

Is the last line: "... i know i'm a businessman"!!

LOL! *rolls around a bit more*

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
*rolling around on the floor laughing*

The best bit...

*sniff* wipes tear from eye...

Is the last line: "... i know i'm a businessman"!!

LOL! *rolls around a bit more*

lol

"That isn't politically incorrect, is it? But it's a fact of life. I know, because I am a businessman."

Quote of the Year !

top topics

join