It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chiropractics, a holistic lifestyle, and you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What is Chiropractic?

Chiropractic is a branch of the healing arts which is based upon the understanding that good health depends, in part, upon a normally functioning nervous system (especially the spine, and the nerves extending from the spine to all parts of the body). "Chiropractic" comes from the Greek word Chiropraktikos, meaning "effective treatment by hand." Chiropractic stresses the idea that the cause of many disease processes begins with the body's inability to adapt to its environment.

www.chiroweb.com...

I for one love chiropractors, and I go to one myself. I'm 16 and this is what I want to be. America lacks a holistic lifestyle. Which is what chiropractics is all about. Everyone should have a chiropractor, and live a holistic life. Americas weakness is it's lifestyle, kids are getting diabetes younger and younger, people are dying from strokes, caner, heart attacks, high blood pressure, etc... All of which are mainly from lack of a holistic life.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
Heart disease: 616,067
Cancer: 562,875
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 135,952
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 127,924
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 123,706
Alzheimer's disease: 74,632
Diabetes: 71,382
Influenza and Pneumonia: 52,717
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 46,448
Septicemia: 34,828

www.cdc.gov...

What are some benefits of chiropractics?

Makes you feel great

Corrects the cause rather than treats symptoms

Restores normal nerve supply

Improves immunity

Improves overall health

More energy

Improves athletic performance

Allows better sleep

Restores normal mobility

Improves posture

Counteracts the effects of gravity

More efficient body function

Slows or stops spinal degeneration

Improves spinal structure

Slows the aging process

Makes spinal disks healthier

Quicker recovery

Back to work faster

Usually prevents surgery

Often instant relief from pain

Completely safe

Affordable health care

Natural

Painless

No drugs

No needles

Relieves stress

Relieves tension

Relieves many symptoms

Prevents many health problems
Adds Life To Years And Years To Life

www.wellnesschiro.com...

About a year ago I took up a program called MATC or Missouri athletic training center. This program was all about working out, eating right, they also supplied me with nutritional supplements. I felt great! In other words I switched to a more holistic and it's one of the best things i'v ever done in my life.

So what exactly is the philosophy of chiropractics?

It looks to address these diseases not by the use of drugs and chemicals, but by locating and adjusting a musculoskeletal area of the body which is functioning improperly.
The conditions which doctors of chiropractic address are as varied and as vast as the nervous system itself. All chiropractors use a standard procedure of examination to diagnose a patient's condition and arrive at a course of treatment. Doctors of chiropractic use the same time-honored methods of consultation, case history, physical examination, laboratory analysis and x-ray examination as any other doctor. In addition, they provide a careful chiropractic structural examination, paying particular attention to the spine.

The examination of the spine to evaluate structure and function is what makes chiropractic different from other health care procedures. Your spinal column is a series of movable bones which begin at the base of your skull and end in the center of your hips. Thirty-one pairs of spinal nerves extend down the spine from the brain and exit through a series of openings. The nerves leave the spine and form a complicated network which influences every living tissue in your body.

Accidents, falls, stress, tension, overexertion, and countless other factors can result in a displacements or derangements of the spinal column, causing irritation to spinal nerve roots. These irritations are often what cause malfunctions in the human body. Chiropractic teaches that reducing or eliminating this irritation to spinal nerves can cause your body to operate more efficiently and more comfortably.

Chiropractic also places an emphasis on nutritional and exercise programs, wellness and lifestyle modifications for promoting physical and mental health. While chiropractors make no use of drugs or surgery, Doctors of chiropractic do refer patients for medical care when those interventions are indicated. In fact, chiropractors, medical doctors, physical therapists and other health care professionals now work as partners in occupational health, sports medicine, and a wide variety of other rehabilitation practices.

www.chiroweb.com...

I also encourage breathing exercises these relax your mind and body and make your mind clear!

www.theyogatutor.com...

So my recommendation to you. Get with a local chiropractor, get on a program of going once a week, and if you think thats too much only when you feel discomfort. Talk to your chiropractor about a more holistic life. You'll be surprised on how much you've been missing out on!
edit on 20-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm not saying modern medicine doesn't have it's place, i'm saying it should be VERY limited, there are many examples when it is needed, but it is way over used! A family member of mine is on 50 pills! Doctors give us poison and say it's a cure. Sure medicine is useful, but it should be very temporary, which is not really how it's used.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Is ATS that unhealthy?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I think you'll find that everything isn't what you imagine it is about the medicinal world..

People are n 50 pills because they would be dead otherwise.

And I wouldn't go near a chiropractor after some of the stories I've heard about them.

IE: I've heard of many that think it's OK to completely reset the spines alignment.. Im sure in some situations it is, but I wouldn't be having some glorified massage therapist be the one to do it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

No many people are on excessive pills for long amounts of time which is not good, doctors over do it many times, like giving you antibiotics for a common cold. Yes, there are going to be some bad chiropractors out there but it's very few and for the most part it's very safe. Also,
If you knew the stories about all the people who have died related to doctors and hospitals screwing up you wouldn't step in those either, the amount of injuries in chiropractics isn't even a fraction of the amount of deaths and injuries caused by hospitals and MD's.

READ THIS LINK, although this talks about July it is not limited to it, MD's screw up ALL the time.

www.naturalnews.com...

Moral of this post, MD's and hospitals cause way more deaths than chiropractors have even come close to!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Although Chiropractics may be quite benefitial, it certainly doesn't do much in the way of preventing most of the chronic diseases of civilization that are the leading causes of death in America. Really. It's stress lowering effects would have little effect on inflammation (which is the point of reducing stress) if one continues consuming a proinflammatory diet.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by Miraj

No many people are on excessive pills for long amounts of time which is not good, doctors over do it many times, like giving you antibiotics for a common cold.

The "common cold" often leads to bacterial infections, which is best treated with antibiotics.

Moral of this post, MD's and hospitals cause way more deaths than chiropractors have even come close to

Conversely, MD's and hospitals save way more lives than do chiropractors....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Next time you get shot in the stomach.

Get cancer.

or have an extremely lethal infection.

Go to your Chiropractor. See how much they really cannot do.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Go spend some time in a hospital.
Tell them you're interested in being a nurse, there are programs that allow you to shadow nurses, doctors.. ect.

Go do that, then come back and tell me what you think..
Get some experience in the world before you insult people that will not even hesitate to work on saving your life when you need it most.

new topics

top topics

join