It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flower of life at Abydos, proof of high technology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I've been visiting this site for quite some time now and I haven't posted a thing up until now, but I thought this would be worth sharing with you.
It could be that this item has been discussed before on this topic, if that's the case I apologize, I searched for it but I didn't find a good thread about it.
Tell me what you think, I'll be happy to read all your comments and possible additions to this thread.

I've been watching a lot of video's about ancient structures and who could have build them.
In 1 of those video's I came across a guy who told about the construction methodes used in the Osirian temple in Abydos.

His name is Nassim Haramein ( some of you should probably know him ).
At 04.30 he talks about the flower of life wich is burned into a obelisk.

www.youtube.com...

He mentioned the flower of life was everywhere on the walls and flour in that temple.
He showed a picture of a flower of life wich was burned ( by laser? ) in a obelisk in very thin lines, this could not have been done by a primitive Egyptians 5000 years ago, could it?
Then he said a piece of the obelisk had broken of and the flower of life actually continued within the obelisk.
It was burned all the way through the obelisk.
I have no picture to support this claim but according to the guy, if you go there you can feel and see it for yourselve.
Here is the picture of it:

Might be worth mentioning: If you look at the bottom of the flower of life, you will see a piece that seems to be chipped off. It also seems like the flower is indeed still visible further into the obelisk. Could just be my imagination though….
Archaeologists supposedly never talk about this flower, burned into the rock, for obvious reasons.
The only faint explanation for this I could find was on wikipedia:

Possibly five Flower of Life patterns can be seen on one of the granite columns and a further five on a column opposite of the Osirion. Some are very faint and hard to distinguish. They have not been carved into the granite but been drawn in red ochre with careful precision

en.wikipedia.org...

I dont think this explanation is the right one for a figure drawn in red oker would not last such a long time exposed to the elements.
Also, if the story of the piece wich has broken of the obelisk is correct, it's obvious this figure isn't just drawn.

An other picture of a flower of life:

I will not claim that ancient aliens are responsible for this. Still this might just be rockhard ( quite literally
) evidence of ancient civilizations having more advanced technology than we have today.
I found this very intriquing and I think it's certainly worth talking about.
Please tell me what you think and further comments and suggestions would, of course, be welcome.

Thank you very much for reading.

edit on 20/3/11 by Cerdofuego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cerdofuego

I definitely feel like there were once ancient societies that were advanced. I do not believe they were as advanced as we are now technologically speaking. But I do think they already had alot of inventions that we took credit for. Such as electricity and aircrafts.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Looks very cool to me. I am going to look into it a bit more.

Although back in those days they had the "Best toys." Like the "Laser SpiralGraph."

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wow. Thanks for finding this. I have long believed that we have been denying the real history of our planet and our civilization. Sometimes I feel like I am banging my head against the wall when I talk to people about things like this.

Archeologists have to be the most closed minded people out there. if it doesn't fit in their small concept of history then they just ignore it, and they ridicule anyone that tries to bring out the inconsistency of their work. Very sad.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cerdofuego
He mentioned the flower of life was everywhere on the walls and flour in that temple.
He showed a picture of a flower of life wich was burned ( by laser? ) in a obelisk in very thin lines, this could not have been done by a primitive Egyptians 5000 years ago, could it?
Saying that it was burned is something, proving it is something different.

And 5000 years ago they were not primitive, and to draw those lines they needed only strings, sticks and red oker, besides knowledge of how to do it (and that's easy).

Then he said a piece of the obelisk had broken of and the flower of life actually continued within the obelisk.
It was burned all the way through the obelisk.
I have no picture to support this claim but according to the guy, if you go there you can feel and see it for yourselve.
I thought so, most people that make claims like that do not provide evidence of what they say, so I guess it's natural that a photo supporting what he says doesn't exist...

Might be worth mentioning: If you look at the bottom of the flower of life, you will see a piece that seems to be chipped off. It also seems like the flower is indeed still visible further into the obelisk. Could just be my imagination though….
Or they draw it after that piece broke off.

I dont think this explanation is the right one for a figure drawn in red oker would not last such a long time exposed to the elements.
What about the paintings on stones from the stone age? Some are still visible today, you just have to make the paint water resistant.

Also, if the story of the piece wich has broken of the obelisk is correct, it's obvious this figure isn't just drawn.
If.

I don't see any reason to link something as simple as this (as I said, anyone that knows how to do it can do it with just a string, two sticks and some paint) to advanced knowledge. What I think this shows is that, for some people, geometry is uncomprehensible, so they think that there must have been some advanced knowledge for something just because they do not understand it.

People that had technical drawing classes like I did know that you can draw almost anything with a ruler, two triangles and a compass (although it takes time).

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Can remember seeing this in the Nassim Haremein Seminar at rouge valley

video.google.com...#

Very Interesting lecture that may be of some interest to you if you have not already seen it..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenoKnows
Looks very cool to me. I am going to look into it a bit more.

Although back in those days they had the "Best toys." Like the "Laser SpiralGraph."

You know, of course, that joke isn't funny!
At least, not one single anthropologist will laugh at that joke.

Seriously, such complex designs don't come up without an understanding of geometry and at least its simple instruments for playing around in that field. Not to mention having some decent materials upon which to draw and practice upon! 'Tis amazing what the ancients did according to the way we are told they did.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I respect your opinion, just as mine is to be respected. The thruth is, we just don't know, neither you or me. I agree with you saying Egyptians were not primitive and if the flower of life is indeed carved into the rock ( as it certainly seems, according to nassim haramein who, in fact, has been there ) this will only further support that. I'm hoping to one day go there and verify if these figures are indeed carved or burned with laser into the rock. Until then, I guess you haven't been to this temple either, this will remain a matter of personal view... Thanks everybody for replying and flagging. I greatly appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That's the problem, we have to rely on the word of people that were there (or that say they were).

But looking at this photo I think we can say it's not carved on the rock, it looks really painted on the rock.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Nice find, had not seen that picture. Still, that is not the particular flower of life that this threat is about. I have no idea where in / on the temple these flowers of life are. There could be big differences between them and it still isn't said that this flower isn't carved into the rock... Still it is food for thought and the more pictures of the flowers of life we see in this threat the better, more are always welcome.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

OK. Painted. So how do we explain that such thin lines, created by hand with some ancient paint can survive for XXX years and still be legible in every line? That alone is an incredible feat. But just happenstance? So even that argument, which MUST be the acceptable one, hardly stands since it has been exposed to the elements all of these years. Drawings/paintings in some ancient cave or Egptian tomb is one thing, but exposed to the daily elements? I'll bet DuPont would love to have that formula! (Most people probably don't know that two colors do not stand up well under the sun. They are silver and red.)
edit on 20-3-2011 by Aliensun because: Tidying up

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Looks like something you could do with a spirograph.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Strange the Australian aboriginals on their rock drawings as far as I know mainly used red.

edit on 20/3/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Oh! So this symbol is called Flower of Life - Interesting - When I was a young boy over 50 years ago I got my first compass and automatically drew this very same symbol !!! For some reason I did not have to be taught sacred geometry as I intuitively knew how to use it and do so in many of my paintings - Could it be I learnt this in a past life I wonder or is it that it is inherent and intuitive because it follows natural law
- It is really simply done with a pair of compass. That being said it is what the circle represents that is key.
It represents energy or life force etc. Where does energy come from - for us a prime example is the Sun and so it is so with all other stars but here is link to a talk on someone who has studied this subject in more depth - I hope you enjoy as it is truly amazing - be patient and enjoy and allow this guy to explain even though you may not agree with all of it

Watch Tony Kilvert Thy Pyramids, the holy grail, hidden knowledge 2011-03-11 at the link below it is on the list under the main video screen

www.richplanet.net...

edit on 20-3-2011 by artistpoet because: more info

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The carving at the temple at Abydos was likely made many centuries after the pyramids were built - possibly during the time of its use as a site for religious initiation.

The so-called "Flower of Life" has a much deeper significance than that described by self-appointed experts in sacred geometry. If you want to discover its true power (it is only the beginning of sacred geometry), then study the research at
www.smphillips.8m.com...
As this image shows, it will reveal to you REAL sacred geometry, so-called because it embodies the mathematical archetypes of the Mind of God.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
OK. Painted. So how do we explain that such thin lines, created by hand with some ancient paint can survive for XXX years and still be legible in every line? That alone is an incredible feat. But just happenstance? So even that argument, which MUST be the acceptable one, hardly stands since it has been exposed to the elements all of these years. Drawings/paintings in some ancient cave or Egptian tomb is one thing, but exposed to the daily elements? I'll bet DuPont would love to have that formula! (Most people probably don't know that two colors do not stand up well under the sun. They are silver and red.)
edit on 20-3-2011 by Aliensun because: Tidying up

Strange, the vikings with their "primitive" tech didnt seem to have any problem creating beautifull runestones with almost exclusive red lines/texts thats lasted a millenia. I dont see why the Egyptians - with vastly superior construction skills - would be worse.
edit on 20-3-2011 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
OK. Painted. So how do we explain that such thin lines, created by hand with some ancient paint can survive for XXX years and still be legible in every line? That alone is an incredible feat. But just happenstance? So even that argument, which MUST be the acceptable one, hardly stands since it has been exposed to the elements all of these years.
See it this way: do red rocks lose their colour with time? No, they do not, so if you grind some of those rocks (ochre) and use that pigment (along with some binders like egg yoke, that it's extremely good at making durable paint) to make some paint, that paint will never lose it's colour.

Also, the paint is absorbed by the rock and binds to it, that's why it's so hard to remove graffiti from soft rock like marble and limestone, the paint becomes part of the rock.

I'll bet DuPont would love to have that formula!
They have, but who wants to sell paint that lasts forever?

(Most people probably don't know that two colors do not stand up well under the sun. They are silver and red.)
That depends on the method used, as I said above.

There are other variables, but I need to ask my sister, a professional painter and photographer that also studied how to make paint.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Here's another take on it. I don't know how reliable this site is but is also states they are painted.

From a longer article
www.kch42.dial.pipex.com...
2008 - Update
In January and December 2008 we had a chance to re-examine all of the Osirion graffiti and to take more detailed photos. It is clear that the Flower of Life images appear quite extensively on two columns that face in to each other. There are at least eight versions of the FOL on the column not readily visible to the public. Photos of these images will be released when they have been fully analysed. However it is now clear that all of the graffiti are close to the top of the columns, which are some 13.5 ft (4.1m) tall. To be easily drawn someone would have had to have been on a platform some 8ft from the present base floor level. This suggests that these graffiti were inscribed long after the pharonic temple had fallen into disuse and the Osirion had begun to fill up with sand. In addition the Greek text IXCX can be clearly made out close to the top of one of the columns. This would date the graffiti well into the Christian epoch perhaps as late as the fifth or sixth century CE.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
In this link more is to be found about the flower of life at Abydos, including a very clear picture of a flower of life which has indeed been carved in rock.

The original flower of life (found on several pillars within "the Osireion" at abydos in Egypt) is incomplete, because it is only the first layer of three (pic1+2).

1. Flower of Life carved on a temple wall

2. The Flower of Life set in stone at the Temple of Osiris at Abydos, Egypt.

The complete flower has the other two layers added, making it three dimensional (pic3). If you relax (sit three feet away from the screen) and let the flower slowly draw your eyes out of focus, the flower will open. Try and not focus on any one point, blankly stare, take the flower in as a whole. You may get a headache and itchy eyes, this will quickly disappear. We do not see with our eyes, we see through our eyes. Let your mind focus, don't fight it.

Here is the link of the source:
theunexplainedmysteries.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

That site doesn't look like a good source.

What reason does he/she have to say that all the flowers of life in Abydos are incomplete, specially when he/she says that those are the original?

And where's picture 3, the one supposedly showing the complete, three layers, flower of life?

And how can we add layers on something that is carved? At most we remove layers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join