It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida-March 2011!Wow! Eerie 20 Minute, Loud Rumbling Sound *Video*

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

If the thunder was closer than normal, which defeats the entire ducting hypothesis which states the the conditions are prevalent that the thunder from distant lightning is audible when it normally isn't, don't you think we'd see continuous lightning in the video? There were three flashes yet no reports of thunder after these flashes and after the last flash the rumbling faded away. Light travels further and faster than sound correct, so why is it that we can hear the thunder, but cannot see the lightning that is causing it?

I could have sworn that thunder gets quieter the farther one is located from the lightning that caused it, but hey what do I know? Have you ever seen lightning (called heat lightning by the way) that you were too far away from to hear the thunder?

The time I heard ducting there was continuous flashes of lightning way off in the distance with an on going rumble of thunder.

edit on 20-3-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It sounded like underground boring machine, for tunneling...rotation sound, grinding,etc...imho, with it stopping soon as the 911 call was made and received, thinking that someone was aware of the amount of noise they were causing and monitoring 911 services, to shut it off, to avoid further detection....maybe someone building a bunker in the neighborhood?

Then again, it had the sound that could be associated with what the monks are hearing in the caves... and the in further theory, associated with pole shift and of a planetary nature...

edit on 20-3-2011 by earthinhabitant because: added picture

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thesethguy

I work by that airport everyday and I can tell you the sound I heard that night is not from any plane at TIA. This sound is a continuous harmonic sound. The rumble and roars at the airport are nothing like that and come and go as planes take off about every 5 minutes. They don't go on steadly for 20 mins. Sorry, Not coming from the airport or any plane i've ever heard. It simply was not a plane.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't think that this could be a UFO and I highly doubt that this is the work of HAARP. Isn't HAARP in Alaska?
Before today i've never heard of ducting and i've never heard of this term before, which leads me to believe that this may be some kind of terrestrial, experimental engine of some kind.
I also noted that the maker of the video say that they were at least 4 miles from the nearest airport. Strange. The sound of a jet engine couldn't travel that far. My only theory could be a Plasma Engine.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mesle123

I really don't think that it sounded quite like a harmonious sound. Possible plasma engine test?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpiusMaximus

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
To me, that sounded like a large aircraft doing Full Power Engines Runs.

They can last for some time. as they are timed for Exhaust Gas Margin calculation.

They can be loud, and if the winf is in the right direction then????

I am just saying that's the first thing I think of when I see that video. and hear the noise.

My thoughts exactly JF. I live around 16km's east of Melbourne airport, and hear this sort of sound often coming
from that direction. I had attributed it to planes taking of west instead of north/south, but your explanation sounds more plausible

Cheers

Its not full power jets because the official explanation is thunder, 20 minutes of it. If it were jets then that would be the official explanation.

I'm saying it's somthing far stranger. I believe the human race is being conditioned for something. TPTB are in control.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

I have lived in Florida my entire life. Where you get off saying its ducting, is beyond me. I have never ever her thunder that went on for 10, 20 minutes at a sustained harmonic rate. I have lived thru some of the best freaken thunderstorms in the world and never once heard anything like that. I have heard 50 freaken years of storms in Florida and I have never ever heard that. Ducting is when 1 lightening stroke after another creats a continuous thundering roll. It sound like thunder.
It's not ducting so get over it already. And yes I am a scientist.
edit on 20-3-2011 by mesle123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I haven't read all the thread so not sure if anyone else has offered this idea...

It sounds to me like a supercharged or fuellie engine on it's first run-up to bed the oil and compression rings in.

Years ago with friends building hot V8's for street machines it was very normal to run the new engine at idle for half an hour or more to bed the rings in, and check for leaks, etc. And hell yeah it was loud as loud can be!

So do you have any neighbours within a couple of miles who are building a Drag car or Street Machine?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I'm just going to tell you the honest truth. The only thing that could have caused this would be a light-based warp field..... For a space craft attempting to warp within the atmosphere via forcing light into a small area of space. E = mc^2. Good and efficient means to warp.

The sound waves are patterned and go in a slow up and down force. As if air molecules are quickly compressing into the gravity fields. Such a field, caused by low levels of mass, and mainly just light, would not affect the earth in any real way. It would be short range.

Such long time to generate a warp field indicates its very primitive technology. Probably ours.

But yes, nothing short of a warp field can explain this. Especially the flash of light at the end. It almost looks like it was moving. Somewhat. The decompressed atmosphere would basically just turn to rain and fall down. You can see clouds moving very fast somewhere towards the end.

Congrats. You just witnessed a slow warp field.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by iamcreation

That would be a perfect time for night maintenance.

What you could be hearing is the APU (Auxiliary Power Units) running, so the engineers can get line maintenance done.

Needed for towing and to get power on the aircraft, especially if they are busy and there aren't enough gennys

I used to live near an airport and they can be noisy things, even when "closed" for flights.

The only problem with this theory is that this is this people´s home and i think they also are used to hear plane noises. So hmm...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Very interesting video. Last fall, specifically October, November and the beginning of December, I heard similar rumbling occuring during the early morning hours anywhere between 1 am and 4 am. I can only describe it as sounding like low rumbling thunder that didn't stop. I could not distinguish where it was coming from, only that it generally came from west of my home, and to put that in perspective, I live north of Memphis, and west of me would be towards the Mississippi River and Arkansas. It wasn't loud enough to wake people up out of their sleep, but, I am a light sleeper and immediately realized that it was very out of the ordinary. This occured almost every night, well, at least every night that I woke up during the middle of the night to notice. I was a bit scared, because I know this isn't normal, and stayed inside while this was going on, so I didn't notice if there were any lights associated with it. I, myself, somehow think it was connected to the earthquakes in Arkansas that have been going steady since last year. I have no proof, it's just a hunch, but too much of a coincidence that this weird noise is coming from the direction of non-stop swarming earthquakes. I posted about this noise on Westcoast's thread for Strange Happenings in Washington State.

I have not read through this thread yet, but I am going to because if there are any possible explanations, I'd love to know what they are.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

This refreshed my memory of something akin to this when I lived in Colorado. I woke up in the night hearing a grinding sound, and as it was dead of winter, I decided not to go out to check on it. Actually, at one point, I was ready but something made me stay inside. It ground on and on, but I just lay in bed, and listened to it. Next day,there were strange tracks alongside the empty lot that lay between the two houses, and the neighbor tried to give me a story that a horse had gotten loose and made the tracks. I did not believe him because the same tracks were on top of his roof but he could not see that. I could see it since his house lay below ours. I just considered his story about a loose horse farfetched. I never knew what caused these lines to appear in the snow, but I associated it with the grinding sound that I had heard but would not go out to see. It was too cold, and frankly, I didn't like the sounds enough to want to confront it. I had the feeling that something was going on that I did not want to know. Odd, but true, and while I did take photos of the tracks in the snow (deep lines) they got mislaid somehow. The entire thing remained a mystery, and I had forgotten all about it until I watched this video and it reminded me of it. ( In my mind's eye, I can see a craft hovering, digging lines in the snow and on the rooftops, but that is pure imagination, not reality. I don't know even yet what had happened.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is really interesting. I've lived in marion county for about 16 years now and have never heard/witnessed anything like this. No way that sound is thunder, and I wouldn't be surprised if something strange was going on that night we don't understand. Whats even more strange is the fact that the noise just disappeard right after the flash of light. My girlfriend actually told me one night this year that she saw a weird flash of light in the sky on the way home. I didn't see it so I can't judge, but she said it didn't look like lightning and kept insisting it wasn't. Who knows.
edit on 20-3-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

NZ what is this noise? is he talking to NEW ZEALAND? or this a typo. ?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Its from all the bass and music coming from Panama City a hundred miles away
, it is Spring Break!

Just kidding, on a more serious note it might be aircraft preparing for the Titusville,FL airshow that was the weekend of the 12th and 13th for sure. There might have been more days earlier in the week or preparing by aircraft to move to that location and required flying across the state. I saw the airshow and they did have some heavy equipment there with a B-2, multiple A-10's, F-22, Migs, 20+ P-51's, and more. Just an idea, or it could be what the reported stated from the weather service.

Hope this helps

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Just chiming in. Weird.

I live near O'Hare - sometimes there is a sound kind of like that for five minutes every once in a great while... but nothing that dramatic, loud or obnoxious. What the heck was that... flash of light = even more weird when the sound stops...

Indeed these are very strange times.

Keep safe people.
Peace.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Just down the road from my land is a natural gas well complex. Occasionally they release pressure (is what I've been told) and that is exactly what it sounds like. It will roar on like that for 30 minutes sometimes.

Also, once they are done, it pretty much stops just that abruptly.

I think that's what this is. Sounds exactly like what I hear and my place is more than 2 miles from it, and it sounds like it's only 50 feet away. Freaked me out the first time I ever heard it.
edit on 3/20/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Still looking for info on if the bombing range near the Ocala National Forest was being used on the date of the supposed earthquake in Florida. Here's a link to ninfo regarding the practice area.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have read many reports over the years re sounds like this. Here is an excerpt from one site and if you go to the
SOURCE you will read more. Very odd, and these people reporting the sound are unconvinced on it being from a conventional aircraft.

I am writing to report a horrendous shrieking grinding noise that woke our entire family on the night of July 20/21 06. It occurred at 5:05 a.m. in the area of South East Vancouver. I awoke panic filled, to a sound that I have never heard before, and quite frankly I have no idea what could even make such a noise. My dog began barking, and then howling alerting the family that something was going terribly wrong. My wife and I sleep on the top floor bedroom with a large deck just outside the door. As I awoke to the sound, my first thought was that a jet plane was about to crash into our house.

edit on 20-3-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

ETA: Have reread the reports at the SOURCE above, anyone genuinely interested in the sounds the OP posted should read this report. The two reports from 20th July by different people are very interesting as lights were seen in the sky also.
edit on 21-3-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
have heard the same thing here in Sacramento ca on several occasions over the last few years both military bases are closed but aerojet is still at Mather field and they test rockets there such as for the shuttle program and new military rockets so i chalked it up to that, noise came form the general direction as well so maybe its the military using these new rockets
edit on 20-3-2011 by standupamerica32 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join