It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida-March 2011!Wow! Eerie 20 Minute, Loud Rumbling Sound *Video*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I wonder if we could invite the person who shot the film to the thread and ask if they've got any more info/local gossip about the noise etc. Has anyone tried to contact them yet? If so, I don't want to bug them.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by TrueAmerican

If you were to take in to account the fact that the video was shot right in front of the engine and the other at distance, with weather distortion. would this account for the slight sound degradation in the first.

Actually the high frequency attenuation in the first may have come from the trees in front of her, just imho.

But when you look at the distribution of frequencies in the low end, the first file seems to be shifted down. It could be more attenuation from the trees at those frequencies too. But I dunno. What makes this case strange is all the calls though, can't forget those. And frankly, it just doesn't SOUND to me like a jet, unless the thing was on the other side of trees. But in that case, seems those trees would be bent over that close.

Dunno man, definitely weird. I defer.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
ok i have no idea what the noise was, but i am going to throw this out there as it reminded me of when i was a kid. we lived a few miles away from the rolls royce testing site where they would test engines, could it be anything along these lines?

it is the only experience i have every had of loud rumbling for prolonged periods, in some cases upto 1 hour.
maybe looking into testing sites for engines is a good start.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I get what you're saying. but tell that to my tinnitus!!

Bloody planes!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Holy Damn!!!! I'm in North Texas and I manage a large apartment community here. A few weeks ago, one of my residents called me as soon as the office opened up to tell me about an incident that happened around 4 or 5 am.

She said she was woken up by a really loud sound outside. She got up and went outside to investigate, only to find that there was nothing in the sky. Other residents had wandered out to see what the sound was. She literally described the sound as sounding like a "fighter jet hovering over my building". She told me this lasted for what seemed like an hour but wasn't sure of an exact time. There were no lights or objects anywhere in the sky around her and the sky was clear.

I didn't receive complaints from any other residents so I just brushed it off thinking maybe she was dreaming the whole thing. She was clearly upset and scared when she was describing the situation. It gave me chills when she told the story...and listening to the video in the OP gave me chills because it sounds exactly like what my resident was telling me.

If this isn't a WTF moment, I don't know what is.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

We already saw it is 3 miles south of an airport mate

Derby is a great place isn't it!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
DAMN!!
Don't believe I missed it

When she calls 911 she ask

"have there been any report of tornados, OUT TOWARDS THE AIRPORT"

SO she is telling us that the noise is coming from over in that direction

I am going to say Full Power Engine tests for sure.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Totally out of the box here...

Maybe is was a UFO that had landed in a field and the bright light was when it flew away?

Cant explain it...

S+F

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Why not just say on the news that they were testing engines? Instead of what was it ? Thunder riding a wave?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

DAMN!!
Don't believe I missed it

When she calls 911 she ask

"have there been any report of tornados, OUT TOWARDS THE AIRPORT"

SO she is telling us that the noise is coming from over in that direction

I am going to say Full Power Engine tests for sure.

Nah, planes dont let of huge flashes of light.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

I don't know.

It could have been military. Afterburners are freaking loud.

Also the biggest thing I can see on Google Earth on the airfield is a Fedex 767. PW4000's

Would be a strange event for TLH if one got stuck there and needed a new engine. and so had to do runs.

Long shot, but not out of the ordinary!
edit on 20/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

If you were to take in to account the fact that the video was shot right in front of the engine and the other at distance, with weather distortion. would this account for the slight sound degradation in the first.

I am no sound expert but what I see there looks pretty close to me

BTW, it was a 777 aircraft

RR Trent 800 engines.

That is a MASSIVE engine. bigger than anything you would see at KTLH. So that can account for the sound profile being bigger on the aircraft analysis.

From Flightstats I am showing lots of regional jets and MD88's

The latter there has a lesser noise category and uses the Pratt and Whitney smoke machines

I don't know.... That what I think it could be, it's it's not I ain't got a clue!!

It definitely sounds like some kind of stationary jet engine. Even a tornado wouldn't last that long, or stay seemingly motionless like that. It's too bad there were so many trees around so that nothing was visible at all. And the rumbling just happening to stop at the last flash may have only been a coincidence, there were lightning flashes seen earlier on in the clip. If I'd been there and first checked the local Doppler radar and found out there were no severe thunderstorm cells nearby, I think I would have gone over to the nearest clearing to find out if I could see anything. There's no way that's thunder...totally impossible.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

the storm may of had nothing to do with the rumbling. the fact that it was raining and lightning may of just been a coincidence that was occuring while the rumbling was taking place.
edit on 20-3-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Where would they conduct full thrust engine tests on a standing aircraft for 20mins?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Reminded me of when they use large blow torches to heat the road surface during resurfacing in cold weather.

edit on 20-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by Itop1

the storm may of had nothing to do with the rumbling. the fact that it was raining and lightning may of just been a coincidence that was occuring while the rumbling was taking place.
edit on 20-3-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

Thats a huge coincidence that the sound goes on for 20 minutes and only fades after the flash of light.... if it was lightning then that is a huge coincidence

link   
reply to post by Itop1

At the moment, solely for scientific hypothesis reasons I am saying that is a coincidence.

Would rather discount all possible reasons before I shout Aliens or HAARP.

This is one of the reasons I like the TAPS ghost hunter show. They use scientific method first.

but thats just me

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Where would they conduct full thrust engine tests on a standing aircraft for 20mins?

who knows? heres an example, not sure if it was something simular, it is just a theory based on my own experiences of living close to a testing site. also another member pointed out she mentioned she live near a airport.

www.dublinairport.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Everytime the maintenance manual calls for an engine run

You need to let the engine n1 stabilize, to get proper EGT readings.

Engine tests can last over an hour. You ramp up wait 5 mins, take reading, go up, run for 10 mins, take reading.
It's all set out in the manual, and you can't deviate or it's invalid.

I know I have sat on enough of them. Bloody boring and bumpy they are too!
edit on 20/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The second I saw the video of the loud rumbling sound, this came to mind. Florida. Rocket test, rain...... check out video.

I believe the sound is was a rocket test. The frequency and duration seems to match.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join