It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida-March 2011!Wow! Eerie 20 Minute, Loud Rumbling Sound *Video*

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConsentioExpono
I know everyone is just weighing in with their opinions of info but has anyone heard of or known of this type of sound that is experience for such a large area? 10 Counties???

Take a look at the oil map which NoAngel2U posted here. It has a lot of similarity to the area which you have outlined in your map. I tried to load the pic but I couldn't get it to load to ATS:
EDIT: I meant the region #2 on the oil company regional map has similarity to the area which you outlined. sorry.

Originally posted by NoAngel2u
Here's an Index for Oil and Gas Maps in Florida, for anyone interested investigating if there are any near her location that may have been the source of the noise.

Index

And he posted these sound clips from here:

Originally posted by NoAngel2u
Gas blow (video)
Natural Gas Well Frac Release (1)(video)
Natural Gas Well Frac Release (2)(video)

That sounds just like it to me. Srry couldn't get the vids to imbed for some reason.

And then tadatreefrog posted this about a new oil slick:

Originally posted by tdatreefrog
I am located in Orlando and I witnessed this today around 1-2pm while outside washing the car. I first, not thinking, assumed it was thunder. Then after how long it continued realizing it was also clear skies started to take notice. I have read here before about this phenomenon but never experienced t myself until today. And to my surprise I see this thread. Strange but good to know I was not alone in witnessing this. There are also reports of a large oil slick now in the gulf. Hmmm just wondering if there could venally connections. Most likely not but it did stand out to me.

So is this sound connected to the oil company activity possibly? Or is there information which has dis-proven this already.
edit on 21-3-2011 by idunno12 because: left a piece of my explanation out

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I live in Tallahassee (BTW Noles beat ND tonight!!!!) and I haven't heard any strange noises or anything of the sort. Woodville is not that far at all from my side of town so I would expect that since there was a weather announcement I could hear something, but nope. Anyone else from this area hear anything??

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Here is a site that has an actual seizemograph showing the quake in Florida. aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

I was trying to post a screenshot; but, it is going to take me sometime to do that.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this possible scenario. Mother ship hovering around, looking for a parking spot, everything is full, so it says screw it, flash it's gone.
I dunno, the only other thing I can think of is, if it is indeed thunder..... perhaps a series of thunder rolling in from sea echoing and what not, but still, it really does seem like much too long of a time for it to be so continuous. I am stumped on this one.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm not saying this is what the noise is in the video, but to me it kinda sounds like a rocket engine. I live right outside Redstone Arsenal in Alabama, which is home to a ton of NASA facilities and testing grounds for the military and NASA alike. Occasionally they will test rocket engines, and it's a constant rumble as in the video; they pretty much sound the same.

Someone should see if there is any testing grounds around there for the military or NASA.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jmr1982

Here is the screenshot from
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Strange i have begun to hear similar noises around my house/neighborhood. No where near as loud but very similar and no sight of any aircraft and seems to last for long periods of time. I'm about 70 miles north of NYC.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by idunno12

Very nice connecting dots.
She btw

I think it's highly likely that there was some sort of a natural gas leak, or pressure release and that was the sound that was ducted, which would explain it being heard over such a large area. If you've never heard it in person, you just can't imagine how scary and loud it is.

link   
dastardly dbl post

edit on 3/21/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

link   
wth?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
omg it sounded really really weird! Thunder?I dont think so.IT did sound like some sort of a motor running,yes like a spaceship,it did sound like that indeed! but where did it go?did the governments helicopters scare it away?

HMmm this is something ATS members should investigate,maybe folks living there should go around asking others if they've seen anything strange!cause' ya know,they could've
odd odd thing

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
sounds like a big ship

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain
reply to post by mesle123

Thank you for at least listening to it. The point of me posting it was to show that the earth makes sounds when it moves. I just finished reading a different thread where a scientist states that a precursor to earthquakes or ground movement is sounds resonating.

Geomagnetic flux, often a precursor to mighty quakes, is sometimes accompanied by strange harmonics: people see colors dancing in the sky or hear what sounds like discordant music.

source

I sure hope its not a precursor to an earthquake! My friend heard that same noise last night! But, she described it as more of a transformer hum or like a low freq. hair clipper hum. She doesnt beleive in UFO's but when she heard it that was the first thing that crossed her mind, so she told me. So when she heard it she jumped out of bed and went outside to see what it was. The sound was consistant then just stopped. She said the sound made her skin crawl, lol. At any rate we both have beeen around all types of aircraft doe to our proffesions and can discern the differences between fixed wing and rotory aircraft without confussion. I believe what she heard was not fixed wing or rotory. I dont beileve it was earthquake related either. This was near austin, Texas. What kind of device can make a resonant sound like that, and be completly invisable? You got me.

Sorry for the typos brother.

I think this is more accurate of what may be happening. Land movement.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by grrrrt

I lived in Corpus Christi some years ago, and they tested engines there as well at the military base, and I thought it was also similar to that, even the extended time. The reason I nixed that is because the engine testing was a very familiar event. Not saying that couldn't be the noise that was ducted from far off, but I think it's also likely residents in the area might be aware if testing facilities were being built, and if they were already there, would be familiar.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Here is an article about a supposed earthquake in Florida and supposedly usgs didn't pick anything up.

www.wftv.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This seems to be a sound in 60- 80 hz range with peaks at 20hz even if not 10hz, but guees what, this frequency can be produced by subsonic speakers. Infact about 200Kw of power at 15Hz is enough for it to heard tens of miles away and shake the windows aswell as houses and other structures. JBL is one of them examples, because even a small 500w speaker/subwoofer can shake the whole house at frequncies below 30hz and even when you go outside into your own garden you can feel the air rumbaling, and thats only 500W! What if milaterry have a setup with lets say 500Kw of power it can easily affect a region of 200m². This is quite a possible theory so tell me if this was any useful.

This is a good example, and even trough the author states it's 15Kw im well sure it be around 500w because it's a single 12'' speaker cone and they will never be able to stand to that amount of power. And by 15,000w he probably means MAX peak power which does not count what really counts is RMS power which is the power that the signal can be reproduced at without damage to the speaker and signal getting very distorted.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

It could be a meteor or a comet traveling high speed toward the ground. And as soon as it strike the earth, it gave off lightening and the sound ended. If a jet flies supersonic from far distrance, it will make the similar kind of sound. On the other hand, if a large size meteor travels downward supersonic, it will give off the same kind of sound like the supersonic jet.

This means the size of the meteor could be the size of a jet airplane.

I think, over all, it is one of the symptoms of the approaching brown dwarf, just like the earth quakes and the tsunami.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I live just outside of houston, in katy, and I heard a noise very similar to this... though it only lasted about 3 minutes, I could feel the noise in my chest and everything. I thought it was a jet or something (Time was around 10:00-10:20pm cst) and said something to my friends that were working on a car, we walked outside the garage and looked up and saw no jets or planes or anything. The sound just suddenly came and went (No gradual increase or decrease like something would be moving away).

I had just shrugged it off as a whatever moment until I saw this thread.....

Also, my friend who was inside said she didn't hear anything when I asked her about it.
edit on 21-3-2011 by gabbermatt because: Added last line

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
ETA: Link to story on recorded UFO sound.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Apparently this is the sound of a UFO recorded by a Sheriffs office, well documented and witnessed. Sounds similar to the OP video but a different frequency? It is constant also. Worth a listen!!

edit on 21-3-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

ETA: The UFO was actually witnessed also...I will link to that story.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Just to let you know a JBL SRX718S can produce 34 Hz with a ±3 dB sensitivety, and has a power output of 800w RMS (contineosly), now you can only think if the milatery might have a set up with hundreeds of them and what it's capable of.

Source: www.jblpro.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join