It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida-March 2011!Wow! Eerie 20 Minute, Loud Rumbling Sound *Video*

page: 1.
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+105 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
March 9th, 2011
My apologies if this has been posted before, my search returned no results. I'm having a really difficult time explaining what this may be, It's very unsettling to say the least.

The rumbling fades and stops immediately following a bright flash of light...strange. Here's is the National Weather Services explanation of the event, laughable IMO.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011

JACKSON-CALHOUN-INLAND GULF-INLAND FRANKLIN-GADSDEN-LEON- INLAND JEFFERSON-LIBERTY-INLAND WAKULLA-COASTAL GULF-COASTAL FRANKLIN-COASTAL JEFFERSON-COASTAL WAKULLA-SEMINOLE-DECATUR-GRADY-THOMAS
718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011 /618 PM CST WED MAR 9 2011/

...STRANGE SOUNDS BEING REPORTED ACROSS THE FLORIDA BIG BEND...

THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL REPORTS OF VERY STRANGE SOUNDS FROM THE WOODVILLE AREA SINCE ABOUT 645 PM EST. THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BELIEVES THIS PHENOMENON IS BEING CAUSED BY THUNDER FROM DISTANT LIGHTNING STROKES... BOUNCING OFF A VERY STABLE LAYER ABOVE THE GROUND. THIS IS CALLED DUCTING...AND CAN ALLOW SOUND TO TRAVEL UNUSUALLY LONG DISTANCES. THIS SOUND HAS BEEN MISTAKENLY ATTRIBUTED TO POSSIBLE TORNADOES...BUT WE AT THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR THAT THERE ARE NO TORNADOES ... AND NONE ARE EXPECTED

edit on 20-3-2011 by discl0sur3 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 20/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Not sure op, but i do know a sould like that for an alloted time is un-natural to say the least. It is almost as if there is an alternate reality playing out as of late. One that we cannot see, but can sense,hear, and smell. Crazy times indeed

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sounds kinda crazy,but it of reminds of when I lived by Barksdale AFB and B-52(?) bombers would fly overhead, but it did not last 20 minutes. I ain't never heard no 20 minute consistent thundering without a break either.
And the flash, followed by the silence is strange!

spec
edit on 20-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The National Weather Service statement is dated March 9th.. Has there been any word since then as to what this may have been?

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That is thunder as much as my brain is made of wisconsin swiss cheese.

No freaking way.

There's something very much else involved with this thing; what that is, I am not sure, but the thunder excuse is far from the truth.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
Not sure op, but i do know a sould like that for an alloted time is un-natural to say the least. It is almost as if there is an alternate reality playing out as of late. One that we cannot see, but can sense,hear, and smell. Crazy times indeed

Agreed and thank you for your comment. I love the National Weather Services explanation, thunder...lol, cmon. I've never heard thunder rumble continuously for over 20 minutes in my 36 years, and I've been in some nasty storms

link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I was hoping HAARP wasn't involved in my home state! Why don't they just go back to where they came from?! Now they are probably going to start earthquakes there too. Sick puppies!
edit on 20-3-2011 by ag893 because: (no reason given)

link   
Shoot! Is it so hard to go investigate? This is a rare occurrence, and all she thinks about is complain about what it might be... Lady! If you want to find out what it is, *shouts* THEN YOU MUST GO INVESTIGAAAAAAAAATEEEE!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That was quite frightening at the end when light flashed and the sound just ended and you hear rain.

Insane to say the least. Thanks for sharing.

link   
sounds like someone standing under a swamp cooler, is there an air force base near this place? I used to hear sounds from jets near may house but not for that long. Thats a real creepy sound if there is no explanation for it

link   
"Why is there nothing on the TV"?

Would you expect there to be if it was something big?
Anyway, this is a little disturbing.
Perhaps it was what the scientists say but I highly doubt it, thats not the sound thunder makes, sorry.
Maybe a cloaked mother-ship heading to DC?

-Peace

edit on 20-3-2011 by AOA2012 because:

edit on 20-3-2011 by AOA2012 because:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
The National Weather Service statement is dated March 9th.. Has there been any word since then as to what this may have been?

Did a quick search and was unable to uncover anything further, perhaps the MSM is staying tight lipped on this one. It would almost be worthwhile to give the local station that she references in the video a call to get clarification and perhaps an update.

Let me know if you find anything else!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildEyedBoyFromFreecloud
That was quite frightening at the end when light flashed and the sound just ended and you hear rain.

Insane to say the least. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comment!

That flash is what has me most curious actually. Somewhat reminiscent of the flash in the Jerusalem UFO...just shooting that out there

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Do you think it could have to do with this?

www.youtube.com...

I've tried to find Radar for 03-18-2011 to see if I could see any chem/plaintrails.. after 2hrs..I gave up. I've asked fellow ATS'ers if they know of a web site etc... no response yet. I wish I knew what Nick was using.. UFO Blogger just had this documentary posted on their site... I watched it last nite and made the connection with the tremors and sonic booms coming out of fl. Today I left a comment on that documentary... I went back to see if anyone had answered me yet... it's been takin down. I wrote UFOblogger to ask them why..so far no response.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Man !!!
That gave me chills. If thunder lasted that long then that must have been a long lightning strike.

EDIT TO ADD: Far stretch here.
Could this be "alien or I mean not Knowing what they are"... made or attributed by "them"?

Taking off half of what I said, it sounded retarded

edit on 20-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Well this is either REALLY frightening . . . or it is a hoax. Are there any other videos of this? I have not found any yet but am still looking.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
No way is that any kind of phenomenon that has to do with thunder....

I lived in Florida for quite some time and yes, the thunder and thunderstorms are insane sometimes... extremely impressive... but NEVER sounded anything like that, nor for that duration. I've heard continuous thunder from storms at times that rolls on for a few minutes, but nothing like what is on that video.

S&F!

Now... I have to wonder what CAN make that kind of a sound for that long of a period of time? Did that person live near a rocket testing facility?
Funny, but have to ask....

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

www.youtube.com...

I've tried to find Radar for 03-18-2011 to see if I could see any chem/plaintrails.. after 2hrs..I gave up. I've asked fellow ATS'ers if they know of a web site etc... no response yet. I wish I knew what Nick was using.. UFO Blogger just had this documentary posted on their site... I watched it last nite and made the connection with the tremors and sonic booms coming out of fl. Today I left a comment on that documentary... I went back to see if anyone had answered me yet... it's been takin down. I wrote UFOblogger to ask them why..so far no response.

Hmmm...interesting. Nothing is out of the realm of possibility at this point.
The only problem I have with the Aurora theory is that this thing moves at an estimated 8000+mph, my guess is that you would only be able to hear it for 5 minutes at the most. Also, an Aurora flyby would have varying degrees of sound intensity, fading in, peaking then fading out. The anomaly in question remained at a consistent level for 20+ minutes...just my 2 cents

I guess it could have been a ground level engine test, the mystery continues....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

There are others here on ATS that have reported these sounds. Check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think theres more, too?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

www.youtube.com...

I wouldn't totally rule that out, but the video said it can travel at 6 times the speed of sound. So if it was in flight, the sound would not have lasted 20 minutes. It could have warming the engines though and then the flash is the pulse detonation for take-off or something.

There's also an original youtube vid thats the same, but different info

www.youtube.com...

Some info from the original video post

FXUS62 KTAE 090203
AFDTAE
AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
903 PM EST TUE MAR 8 2011

...SEVERE STORMS POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY...

UPDATE...THE FORECAST FOR TONIGHT APPEARS TO BE ON TRACK WITH GRADUALLY INCREASING CLOUD COVER AND LOW TEMPERATURES RANGING FROM THE MID 50S OVER THE EASTERN FORECAST AREA TO NEAR 60 OVER THE WEST. A FEW SHOWERS COULD REACH THE WESTERN BORDER AREAS LATE TONIGHT BUT MOST OF THE SIGNIFICANT RAIN SHOULD HOLD OFF UNTIL DURING THE DAY ON WEDNESDAY. ALTHOUGH RADARS THIS EVENING ARE PICKING UP ECHOES ACROSS THE FORECAST AREA...THESE ECHOES ARE LIKELY THE RESULT OF MILITARY CHAFF AND NOT RAINFALL AS THERE IS CURRENTLY LITTLE CLOUD COVER WHERE THESE ECHOES ARE LOCATED.

So when the noise was over, we drove down to the airport and stopped at a gas station nearby, They said they didnt hear anything. So it was not coming from that direction!

Oh, and the NASA Space shuttle Discovery had already landed in south Florida about 5 hours earlier that day. It wouldn't have hovered for 20 minutes anyway, But just saying.

edit on 3/20/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join