It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rangel Introduces Universal National Service Act

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Rangel Introduces Universal National Service Act

rangel.house.gov

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Congressman Charles Rangel on Thursday introduced the Universal National Service Act, commonly referred to as the draft bill, ahead of the 8th anniversary of the invasion of Iraq on Saturday, March 19, 2011. The Congressman, a Korean War Veteran, has introduced similar legislation in the past that addresses not only the need for a more equitable military draft, but also establishes a universal requirement for National Service.

"The test for Congress, particularly for those members who support the war, is to require all who enjoy the benefits of our democracy to contribu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So now is this deja vu again. The Iraq war started 8 years to the day as the new Lyibian war. Now we have the draft poping up again. We now have prisoners building bombs. Are we becoming a war machine like Nazi Germany was? And it doesn't matter what party is in the White House it still seems to follow the orders givin by the military complex which now works with the State Departments, USAID and Private contractors for the militay to determine what war to start next. The State Department worked with the military using persona software to flood Myspace,Facebook,Twitter and other social media networks to create fake crowds to get sheeple to follow in order to cause destablization in foreign countries leading to protest and regime change. Then they use the UN and NATO to fight the wars there propaganda has started.

rangel.house.gov

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here he is on Russian tv pushing for a draft in America.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Heres the thread I started on Prisoners building bombs for military contractors.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by JBA2848

Prisoners Help Build Patriot Missiles

www.wired.com

The missiles are then marketed worldwide — sometimes by Washington’s top officials. Last year, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates pitched the Patriots to the Turkish government last year, a diplomatic cable released by WikiLeaks reveals: “SecDef stressed that ‘nothing can compete with the PAC-3 when it comes to capabilities.’”

Patriot assemblers Raytheon and Lockheed Martin aren’t the only defense contractors relying on prison help. As Rohrlich notes, Unicor “inmates also make cable assemblies for the McDonnell Douglas/Boeing F-15, the General Dynamics/Lockheed Martin F-16,

edit on 20-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

why is Rangel STILL in Congress???

""Subcommittee scrutinizing Rangel determined there is "substantial reason to believe that a violation of the Code of Official Conduct, or of a law, rule, regulation, or other standard of conduct applicable to the performance of official duties or the discharge of official responsibilities by a Member, officer, or employee of the House of Representatives has occurred."""

www.cbsnews.com...

i really DON"T want Anything this guy has to offer..
edit on 3/20/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Why are many of them still in Congress?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Heres some info on persona software from 2009.
Operation Earnest Voice
www.dodig.mil...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
sorry Charlie Rangel, but after your censure
3 months ago, anything you bring to the table
is wasted time. it's better you just resign and
retire from public office.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
i really DON"T want Anything this guy has to offer..

I'm in agreement with that sentiment.
he needs to be in prison

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Don't worry. Rangel introduces this crap every year since the second Gulf War as a means of embarrassing the original supporters and scaring people. Restablishing the draft would be a disaster for the military; they don't want it and they've said so.

I have no idea why that crook is still in office..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Heres CENTCOM saying they work with the State Department in there Operation Earnest Voice chaos program of propaganda.

www.centcom.mil...

In the past year, CENTCOM has pursued several initiatives to improve our capabilities in the information domain, and we have coordinated these actions closely with the State Department’s Undersecretary for Public Diplomacy, Judith McHale.

In the broader CENTCOM AOR, Operation Earnest Voice (OEV) is the critical program of record that resources our efforts to synchronize our Information Operations activities, to counter extremist ideology and propaganda, and to ensure that credible voices in the region are heard. OEV provides CENTCOM with direct communication capabilities to reach regional audiences through traditional media as well as via websites and regional public affairs blogging. In each of these efforts, we follow the admonition we practiced in Iraq, that of trying to be “first with the truth.” Full and enduring funding of OEV and other DoD information operations efforts will, in coordination with State Department initiatives, enable us to do just that and, in so doing, to communicate critical messages and to counter the propaganda of our adversaries.

Activities in Cyberspace

Cyberspace has become an extension of the battlefield and we cannot allow it to be uncontested enemy territory. Indeed, in the years ahead, extremist activities in cyberspace will undoubtedly pose increasing threats to our military and our Nation as a whole. DOD and other elements of our government are, of course, working to come to grips with this emerging threat. Clearly, this is an area in which we need to develop additional policies, build capabilities, and ensure adequate resources. I suspect, in fact, that legislation will be required over time, as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Because the voters realize that he's still better than the potential alternatives, of course. Don't like it? Move to New York's 15th congressional district and vote against him.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Heres some info on the militaries State Department connection. "Judith McHale"

www.state.gov...

I allways thought that Discovery channel was government ran. Just look at the people from that channel who promoted the government view during the BP spill.

Ms. McHale is the former President and Chief Executive Officer of Discovery Communications. For two decades, Ms. McHale was a leader in building Discovery Communications, the parent company of the Discovery Channel, into a far-reaching and renowned global media enterprise with 1.4 billion subscribers in 170 countries.

Shes also connected with MTV, VH1 and Nickelodeon.

In the 1980s, Ms. McHale served as General Counsel for MTV Networks, overseeing legal affairs for MTV, Nickelodeon and VH-1. Drawing on the experience developed over many years living abroad, Ms. McHale became a principal architect of the company’s rapid international expansion.

200 schools and community centers throughout rural Africa, Latin America, and Eastern Europe.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hey Rangel I'll make a deal with you.

I will join the military when you pay your back taxes.

Fair enough?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Don't worry. Rangel introduces this crap every year since the second Gulf War as a means of embarrassing the original supporters and scaring people. Restablishing the draft would be a disaster for the military; they don't want it and they've said so.

Time for Charlie to retire. His idea will not be considered this year because the Dems are in the minority.

Charlie before you go try to persuade one Republican to take your file on national service and take up the cause for a draft. Yeah the military does not want it, but that may be a reason to push for it.
Today we have a group of all volunteers many with multiple overseas tours. Experienced active duty service people drawn from the ranks of the willing are a national asset to be cherished but not isolated from the main stream of American society.

The final form of the military draft using birthdate and a call up number assigned by lottery at age eighteen gave young people a final determination that they would or would not be called. The earlier versions that included deferments caused many folks to make poor career decisions based on a lingering need to extend their deferment until they were too old to be inducted even if they were drafted.

A military made up of 10% draftees is likely to more closely represent the population and much more likely to conduct it activities in a way that reflects the norm of society at large.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Because the voters realize that he's still better than the potential alternatives, of course. Don't like it? Move to New York's 15th congressional district and vote against him.

No thanks. I'll stay here in the gun-toting south.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Didn't ancient Rome require compulsory military service for citizenship?

And didn't Nazi Germany require youths to serve Germany in some capacity?

Which reminds me: Remember a couple of years ago when they used to play the 5 minute National Guard commercial in movie theaters, the one with the heavy classical music theme (can't remember the song, but it used a bit of Latin). My first thought was that it reminded me of the Nazi recruitment/propaganda films.

Sad.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The only reason Rangel isn't in jail is he would take half of congress with him if they tried. They're all crooks of the highest sort. Now why people vote for this thug is a whole different question. I don't have that answer. I guess they like crooks.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Didn't ancient Rome require compulsory military service for citizenship?

And didn't Nazi Germany require youths to serve Germany in some capacity?

Which reminds me: Remember a couple of years ago when they used to play the 5 minute National Guard commercial in movie theaters, the one with the heavy classical music theme (can't remember the song, but it used a bit of Latin). My first thought was that it reminded me of the Nazi recruitment/propaganda films.

Sad.

Rome only resulted to conscripts when it was on its way down. In the greatest days of the Empire and Republic, all Roman soldiers were volunteers.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Rangel's great.

I wonder who is opposition is cycle after cycle if he's always chosen the lesser evil.

A developmentally challenged red-assed baboon with a meth addiction?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join