It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich Warns Obama on Libya War

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I am not an American so i dont know the finer points of American politics, but am i right in thinking that whatever the UN decides is of more authority than Congress? Surely if they give the ok for military action then surely that superceeds a soverign parliament/congress?

No. American Sovereignty supersedes any treaty or membership to any International organization. What Obama has done is an impeachable offense.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I am not an American so i dont know the finer points of American politics, but am i right in thinking that whatever the UN decides is of more authority than Congress? Surely if they give the ok for military action then surely that superceeds a soverign parliament/congress?

No. American Sovereignty supersedes any treaty or membership to any International organization.

According to US law, (and Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the constitution), properly agreed treaties become US federal law - see Treaty Clause - having been agreed by a supermajority of the Senate.

The UN charter is such a treaty.

What Obama has done is an impeachable offense.

Apparently only Obamatards think so and none of them/you are prepared to back up big words with the money to make it stick - not even his most vociferous political opponents have seriously suggested it.

Wonder why not?

<< 2  3  4   >>

join