It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wave of unrest shakes Syria, crowds torch party HQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Wave of unrest shakes Syria, crowds torch party HQ

news.yahoo.com

DAMASCUS (Reuters) – Crowds set fire to the headquarters of the ruling Baath Party in the Syrian city of Deraa Sunday, residents said, as the wave of unrest in the Arab world shook even one of its most authoritarian states.

The demonstrators also set ablaze the main courts complex and two phone company branches. One of the firms, Syriatel, is owned by President Bashar al-Assad's cousin Rami Makhlouf.

"They burned the symbols of oppression and corruption," an activist said. "The banks nearby were not touched."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
My God its a coordinated attack by the CIA! ME countries are falling down like dominoes in a short span of time and we can easily tell that its all CIA because thats the only way that is possible. The so called revolutionaries are not capable of doing this unless it is CIA.

Makhlouf is under specific U.S. sanctions for what Washington regards as public corruption and has been a target of protesters chanting "thief." He owns several large businesses.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-3-2011 by deltaboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I know, this is insane. At first I was all for these revolutions, now it seems they are most certainly planned. Especially after what I see in Lybia.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It's easy to understand what is sparking these reactions.

After the examples of Tunisia and Egypt's Murbarak, the arab street has just realized that they have power in numbers, and don't have to put up with hereditary dictators like Mr. Meercat-looking Dentist over in Syria.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

It is Mossad. The Mossad controls the CIA.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

My God its a coordinated attack by the CIA!

This is exactly my thought. But I dont want to spray it out on the public. I dont want to look like the nutter of the block

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's not like it would be difficult or even problematic for us in the least if trained spies/agents/whatever were planted to lead these rebellions, spread propaganda, etc.

Considering the Bush administration even already wanted all of these countries invaded according to 4-star General Wesley Clark, it's more than just a little suspicious.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by digginapony
reply to post by deltaboy

It is Mossad. The Mossad controls the CIA.

The biggest problem with that theory being they are knocking out leaders like Mubarack who have been quite amicable to Israel.

But I agree that it does seem like a convenient unfolding of events for someone, likely the west.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
"They burned the symbols of oppression and corruption," an activist said. "The banks nearby were not touched."

LOL @ that bit.

Banks corrupt & oppress? Obviously not in Syria.

edit on 20-3-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Sorry, but imo Egypt disproves that theory. What do we gain if islamic fundamentalists control the Suez canal?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Sorry, but imo Egypt disproves that theory. What do we gain if islamic fundamentalists control the Suez canal?

Are you saying 'islamic fundamentalists' have taken over Egypt? Because they haven't. The exact same military that was in charge prior to Mubarack 'stepping down' is still in charge. They weren't ever 'islamic fundamentalists'. Not then, not now.

Israel WANTS the to remain in place. The US gives them HUGE sums of money every year so they dont attack Israel again. Destabilizing Egypt would negatively effect the security of Israel.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I read somewhere that mubarak was not down for an attack on Iran. Maybe thats why they pulled the plug on him.

Where did I read it? I dont know? do I have any links? no.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Well, unless 'mossad' somehow orchestrated tens of thousands of protesters over more than a week of time, it seems unlikely.

If anything, it was a soft military coup. The military knew it was time for him to go. They ran the show then, they run the show now. They merely deposed a figurehead who had outlasted his purpose.

Understanding the history of Egypts relationship with Israel is a major factor in understanding what happened there and continues to unfold. Bu never forget the military was and is in charge. And likely will be for a long time.Even Israel wants it that way.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Not that hard to do with the HGBary sock-puppet software, it's obvious they've been using it.
They even came out and said they don't have the authority to use it anywhere with any language they want, so which areas/languages were they targeting?

Centcom spokesman Commander Bill Speaks said: "The technology supports classified blogging activities on foreign-language websites to enable Centcom to counter violent extremist and enemy propaganda outside the US."

He said none of the interventions would be in English, as it would be unlawful to "address US audiences" with such technology, and any English-language use of social media by Centcom was always clearly attributed. The languages in which the interventions are conducted include Arabic, Farsi, Urdu and Pashto.

Wake up!

Like they wouldn't mess with these revolutions..

new topics

top topics

join