It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lybian war is unconstitutional and a crime

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by gator1177
Did the US Congress declare war? If not then it is unconstitutional

War was not declared because this is not a war. We, along with many other countries of the world, are patrolling the skies and protecting the citizens of Libya from a dictator using his military against civilians. That is all.

It is a war.

Stop spinning it. I guess WW2 wasn't a war.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

funny... I tried to star your post (spelling is not important.... the message is) but it wont except it.... maybe a glitch.... or maybe not

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

War was not declared because this is not a war

Ya... black is not black and white is not white and bombing a country is not war

edit on 20-3-2011 by soleprobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Eh you just have to ignore grammar nazis that troll arround ... (plus i'm not from an english speaking country so ... i have an excuse)

Bombing a country for no reason is not a war, bombing it admiting its for oil, thats war ... :-

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Would you stop milking it he is a supreme ass and one who is perfectly happy to kill anyone who pisses him off EVEN his muslim brothers, Religion doesnt count for #e there. If it was just about oil and i doubt it is isnt it a worthy exchange in return you get every single invention of any use ever like the humble TV, PC ,CAR AEROPLANE, GUNS, RPGs ( that there so fond of) everything so before banging on about oil these countries would be even more hellish without the west. If they dont want our help when some maniac starts wiping you all out get off our computers and STFU

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
WE as in singular (USA) are not going to war. WE (USA) are playing a supporting role in a coalition action that is sanctioned, supported, and ratified by multiple international organizations that include the UN, NATO, and the Arab League. The US portion of the operation should be over within the next few days. France, the UK, Canada, Italy, and a few Middle Eastern countries have taken the initiative in this operation. This exact situation is the reason why organizations like NATO and the UN even exist. They gave Gaddafi ultimatums which he chose to ignore.

The US is finally taking action in an appropriate way with international approval and there are members here getting heated over it. The Libyan rebels have been pleading for assistance for the past month and they're finally getting in. The right way. This is not the 2003 invasion all over again. Everything was done right this time. We (a collective international federation of countries) are assisting a rebel movement to oust a dictator that has killed thousands of civilians in the weeks leading up to the operation.

Think of it this way, a hypothetical of course. Say there was a revolution or an uprising in your country of residence against your current form of government. The rebel faction in your country is fighting a David vs Goliath battle. That faction asks for assistance from outside sources to support the uprising. Would you be upset if aid came if you were in their situation??

Turning a blind eye to blatant tyranny and oppression just leads to more of the same. To answer your question, Why are we going to war with Libya?

We're going to war with Libya to assist an oppressed people in overthrowing a tyrannical dictator who would rather machine-gun protesters rather than listening to the voice of the people.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

As i mentioned in another post, if not the opening post: if you look at the reports you will see that some people are the same in some clips. This is not like egyps where you see a huge mass of people protesting, you will count about 2.000-10.000 people.

And i mean if NATO and the UN would intervene in every small protest we will be in a perpetual state of war.

And the rebels as you will see in www.feb17.info are a youth movement that are easily influenced and if you promise them some money they will hit the street and do a little mess so that other countries clean the whole house even though just a room is dirty.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gator1177
Did the US Congress declare war? If not then it is unconstitutional

War was not declared because this is not a war. We, along with many other countries of the world, are patrolling the skies and protecting the citizens of Libya from a dictator using his military against civilians. That is all.

patrolling the skies and protecting the citizens of Libya with tomahawks ?

What a sad post from 9/11 truther

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Why is everybody now continuously using underlines? I find that naggingly annoying.

Anyway, who do you guys think will jump in next? When will WWIII start?

Wait.............WTF?
edit on 21-3-2011 by Davian because: WTF WHY AM I TYPING IN UNDERLINES!?!?!?!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The law is a funny, sometimes what is voted on seems like a good idea, only later on to be seen as a very bad thing. This is not a war, in no sense of legality, as the Congress did not vote for or against it. However, it is an armed conflict, to which if we are to understand what the role is going to be, it is to play the role of support and nothing more, using some resources that are already in the area, to assist those who are going to be having more of a hands on approach. All that was voted on in the UN was for a no fly zone, thus preventing the government of Libya from using aircraft against the civilian population.
As far as the legality of the US being involved in this or any other armed conflict, that question was answered in 2001, when the congress gave the President of the United States of America, full war time powers to use the US military and all assets to attack and deter terrorist activities at home and abroad. As the Kaddaffi actually declared he ordered the Lockerbie airplane bombing, he therefore is a terrorist and should be brought to justice for the murder of the people on that flight, along with some members of his government.
In the UN security council, the motion to take military action is controlled by the 5 permanent members of that council, and it has to be Unanimous for a motion to carry. Should one member not be there or abstain from the vote, then it does not hamper a vote for or against. As Russia and China abstained, then they are in agreement with said actions, thus under international law it is a legal action.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wow two threads on the same subject.

Here's my reply copied and pasted.

May the best thread win.

Since 2001 the Constitution of the USA has been suspended.

For the past 10 yrs the US has been operating under emergency law, the Patriot act.

The Patriot act was passed by Congress, so i am afraid your argument that these actions are unconstitutional is a bit of a misnomer.

As for legitimacy, well this time it is backed by a clear UN resolution, so it is quite legitimate.

Last week everybody was screaming about the lack of support for the revolutionary youth of Libya, how could we all stand back and watch as Qaddafi turned his armed forces on his own people was the cry.

Now that something is being done, something that the UN was actually designed to do, people flip-flop and denounce it.

WTF ???

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Cosmic...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The UN/NATO resolution as i recall hearing, needs unanimity to start any armed intervention and well, three of the most powerfull countries oposed (Russia, China and India) so thats not by the rules.

And now its time to pull from the magic hat, the i told you so cliche ...

news.yahoo.com...

<< 1   >>

join