It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lybian war is unconstitutional and a crime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
As the coalition forces bomb Lybia in order to free the people from the rule of Muammar Gaddafi, i have come to a conclusion: this war has no sense.

First of all i want you to see the reports of people in the streets that protest against Gaddafi. Did you see how many were there? Did you notice that some faces keep repeating?
That means that the true number of people that hit the streets is tiny compared to the population of the country and why is this war for? To free that tiny amount of people from the tirany of their ruller.

Now, i don't really think that is the case. The first thought i had when i hears that the U.N. will attack even though 3 of the most powerfull countries oposed this was that it was all planned.

Just think about it. Some NWO people go to Lybia and pay off some people there to hit the streets and make some noise and then they invade the country to secure the oil and interests of other countries.

Now to go back to the title of the topic:
If any country of the UN oposes going to war then no war will be held.(i heard this on CNN about 5 minutes ago)(just check this out)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Could you point out what is unconstitutional and what is the crime?

Thanks

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You do realize that international bankers have given a lot of their money to Gaddaffi right?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The UN/NATO rule book or constitution or what ever they have there points out that they need unanimous votes for going to war (searching for this right now but well, its kind of hard finding it anywhere) and the crime is ... killing innocent people (collateral damage) just to secure oil fields and some other interests.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Did the US Congress declare war? If not then it is unconstitutional....

Damn, a few people riot in Libya and we have to go in wild west style, the next country over, Sudan, millions die and the world turns it's back on them...

Talk about screwed up principles....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

The UN/NATO rule book or constitution or what ever they have there points out that they need unanimous votes for going to war (

Do you not consider a 10-0 vote unanimous?

crime is ... killing innocent people (collateral damage) just to secure oil fields and some other interests.

Collateral damage is part of war and UN knew this might happen when they proposed the measure.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is just another oil war on a non-threatening sovereign nation pushed through by the U.K. and France to defend their financial interests. Seeing as Obama allowed himself to be duped into using U.S. weapons to lead the attack, this is now his war.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gator1177

Did the US Congress declare war? If not then it is unconstitutional....

Doesn't the President have a certain number of days (180 I believe) to use the troops before going to Congress?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

They have not gone to war, this constitutes a major military maneuver, they are imposing a no fly zone, for this they remove items that are a hazard to the coalition pilots, ie air defense sites, aircraft in hangers, damage / remove military airfields etc.

This is not a constitutional issue as it is done through the UN and forces are pledged before any footing, if you had any idea what is going on, on the ground and the issues these people are facing you would see why the UN are their to protect the peoples, it is not fair to go out in protest to be bombed and machine gunned by fast moving jets and helicopters, they are simply removing this threat to the people.

Wee Mad

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

you'll find the major export of oil goes to italy from Lybia, not the uk nor france,

2nd Line

Wee Mad

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

Yeah Tripoli has a really large invisible air-base right smack in the middle.... Thats what the Tomhawks hit ....

Just wait, i can bet they will declare some kind of war there and bring ground troops to clean it all up ..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This NFZ is an illegal and unconstitutional act of war, no matter how you look at it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

This is a banality of an issue while innocent and the poor of Libya are affected by the allied bombing.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by weemadmental

Just wait, i can bet they will declare some kind of war there and bring ground troops to clean it all up ..

Nevermind, a morron US general declared they will look for Gaddafi's chemical weapons and posibly nuclear weapons ... yay ...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Man John McCain will be creaming his pants.....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gator1177
Did the US Congress declare war? If not then it is unconstitutional

War was not declared because this is not a war. We, along with many other countries of the world, are patrolling the skies and protecting the citizens of Libya from a dictator using his military against civilians. That is all.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
This is just another oil war on a non-threatening sovereign nation pushed through by the U.K. and France to defend their financial interests. Seeing as Obama allowed himself to be duped into using U.S. weapons to lead the attack, this is now his war.

The US government...
can't afford to pay pensions.
can't afford to pay teachers.
can't afford any health care overhaul.
can't afford to fix roads and bridges.
can't afford to give kids the best education.
can't afford to end NAFTA.
can't afford to extend unemployment.

but CAN AFFORD WAR?!?

...Always.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
MAYBE the gas prices???...reason enough to drive people to war???.....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Could you point out what is unconstitutional and what is the crime?

Thanks

1)A formal Declaration of war

2) We have to vote for a war.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join