It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, new member here with a UFO video for you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hi All,
I have been visiting ATS now for about 3 years, and love the alternative viewpoints on here, have never got round to signing up and commenting though.
The main reason i've signed up now is to share with you this video that my friend filmed of a strange light over Telford the other night.
A friend of mine took this video in Telford, Shropshire, UK on Friday the 18th March on his Android Phone.

www.youtube.com...

I don't really know what to make of it, and was wondering what you guys think?
After watching it numerous times I've ruled out some possibilities myself:

It isn't an aeroplane or helicopter as it moves too erratically and too fast.
It isn't a smudge on the car window or an insect, as it moves even when the camera doesn't, and you can also see it going below the horizon which rules out an insect in front of the camera.
It isn't a weather balloon, chinese lantern as again it moves fast and erratically.

Just to point out aswell, the music you hear in the video is coming from his car stereo, so in my opinion this rules out the video being sped up to make the light move faster.

I would also like to mention that the Ministry Of Defence is based in Cosford Telford, and it could even potentially be something to do with that.

I really would like to believe in UFO's, however i like to weigh up the facts, and i really would love to see concrete evidence of their existence. I wouldn't class myself as a skeptic, as my gut instict is that they do really exist, however i try to rule out every possible other explanation when viewing videos such as this.

The only thing i can think of that it might be, is a kid's remote controlled plane of some sort, because of the way it rises and falls dramatically at the start. However, near the end it flys off to the right, and i'm not sure a remote controlled toy would have that much range or maneouvariblity.

Any comments are welcome.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by suspiciousminds

Welcome buddy.

Nice video Did you take it your self ?.

I don't think i'd let my kid out at night to play with some planes so doubt that, It looks pretty legit.
edit on 20/3/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hi there,

My friend's boyfriend filmed it Friday night. I saw it on his facebook page, however nobody was really bothered about it so i thought i'd post it here. I haven't spoke to him about it personally. Telford, Shropshire is supposed to be a hotspot for UFO sightings, although i've only ever seen one curious event myself, and can't be certain of what is was because it was over too fast unfortunately.

Thanks for embedding it for me by the way.
edit on 20-3-2011 by suspiciousminds because: Forgot to write something

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by suspiciousminds

I'd say a remote controlled model aircraft. You can see it struggle to
get to the top of an arc and then drop quickly. Flickering lights 'cause
the wings sometimes block the LED's.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Fabless

I thought that myself. But looking at the video again, at the start it is pretty high in the sky, so if it could get that high to begin with, why would it struggle to reach that height again? I will try and find some info from the guy at some point, especially as it doesn't fly off at the end of the video. I suppose it would be informative to know where it went when the video ended.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by suspiciousminds
reply to post by Fabless

I thought that myself. But looking at the video again, at the start it is pretty high in the sky, so if it could get that high to begin with, why would it struggle to reach that height again? I will try and find some info from the guy at some point, especially as it doesn't fly off at the end of the video. I suppose it would be informative to know where it went when the video ended.

It could just move closer to the viewer, and not actually be going up. Based on the inconsistent flight pattern, I'm going with RC plane or very misguided alien.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Flag for you op, nice video, could be RC plane but prefer to believe its a vehicle from outer space.

KingAMARU

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAMARU

Thanks. I'd like to think it was aswell, although i was myself duped by a chinese lantern a long time ago!....
I'm not too clued up myself on RC aircrafts. Do they travel that fast and go that high?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
looks exactly like an rc aircraft, I live right next to a building owned by a hobbyist group that builds rc planes .. they fly them around here occasionally in a field a mile or so down the road and it often looks exactly like that..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'd have to agree on it being a remote control plane because the way it stuck around the same area, even when it went out to the left just a little bit, it still went back

top topics

join