It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland plans largest tidal energy farm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This looks like good news as it points to other countries trying to work out some more natural forms of energy.I am curious as to how feasible this is for a world wide attempt or at least on a larger scale.

Then I can't help wonder how long before Scotland all the sudden has terrorist lurking in the corners of the country and we have to invade them because they aren't playing ball with the big boys. I guess that will be a thread for another day, but hopefully not!

Scotland says it will develop a tidal energy farm expected to yield 10 megawatts of electricity, the largest tidal energy project ever undertaken in the world.

Read Article HERE

Another Article about it with Picture

Anyhow, good for them. Nice to know some countries are trying to do the right thing for this world

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yeah...saw this ...

although at 40 million quid, and only supplying enough power for 5,000 homes I think they have some distance to go before it becomes even remotely viable.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yeah I seen this on the BBC, seemingly its going to be a test to see if it is at least feasible and if successful they will build more in the north of Scotland

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chocise
Yeah...saw this ...

although at 40 million quid, and only supplying enough power for 5,000 homes I think they have some distance to go before it becomes even remotely viable.

I agree but I imagine after a little trial and error they may or should be able to improve it to a grander and perhaps cheaper scale.And Maybe. some young genius will look at how they are doing it and say, well, why don't you just do this and change that and presto it will a whole lot better!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Let's hope so.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Good on Scotland.

Hurrah for Scottish Engineers.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
classic!

the english brace for tsunamis, the scottish plan to capitalize on it. ahah! this is good news for a change.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join