It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO radiation in USA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Folks do not waste your time on this moron it is about grabbing attention and trying to get noticed I am done here anyone claiming this bulls### in the midst of all happening needs to be placed right in the cabbage patch in japan

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
In college I took a journalism class. One of our guest instructors was Larry King. Now I know Larry is of questionable character and is know mostly for fluff, but regardless he has been a journalist for a long time.

So Larry said that he (loosely quoted) "has been a reporter for all his adult life, and no matter where you work one thing is true: Never report the good news. Your editor, station manager, news director, whoever, no one wants to see the good news, it doesn't invite readership or viewership. If you're given a straight news piece you spin it, you find the worse possible angle and report it from a negative perspective. The only good news you will ever report is a cure for cancer or cure for AIDS cause death and disease are already inherent in those topics."

To that end I never personally watch or read the news cause they just lie to increase circulation or ratings.

Point being I am more inclined to believe everything is alright with reference to USA mainland being exposed to radiation. Now maybe next year when my tuna sandwich glows in the dark I will think differently...

edit on 3/20/2011 by Scoundrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

Wow, routerboy, 5 threads and 60 posts during your first day on ATS.

You've been quite the active little routerboy.

Too bad the only thing you've been routing is BS.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
We're all laughing to.... at you.
Really? Funnier still.

You read nothing but the first post ,its obvious, and I'll get to why soon.
No I didn't. I quoted on the 1st, that's different. It doesn't mean I then skipped the rest of your rant. As I said earlier, I read those extracts before you copied & pasted them. There's nothing of relevance in them.

At least I have a source. This is ATS pal, everything needs a source or its not worth posting.
Laughable. You copy and paste a few newspaper clippings and smugly claim they're your source. I don't see any reference to 1000s of infants dying through the effects of radiation, can you? No, thought not.

Your claim is your own opinion which is NOT supported by one single news article, report, documentary , or experience.
Erm, it isn't an opinion, its a statement of fact, unlike your ad absurdum reference to Santa Claus.

And as to why I know you only read the first link is because my last link is a PDF from the British Journal of Cancer by Department of Histopathology, Addenbrooke's Hospital, University of Cambridge, Camnbridge CB2 2QQ, K.
If you're going to cite it please read it carefully and at least spell it correctly.

Apparently you know more than them huh.
Another strawman! I'm only stating you cannot attribute cause.

I'm glad your laughing. If I made such a fool of myself I wouldn't log on for a while.
Well hang your head in shame young lad, you've done a splendid job this evening.

Oh... I have this, you may have missed it as its relevant. It's from the same source you misread & quoted from.

Assessing the disaster's effects on human health

The majority of premature deaths caused by Chernobyl are expected to be the result of cancers and other diseases induced by radiation in the decades after the event. This will be the result of a large population (some studies have considered the entire population of Europe) exposed to relatively low doses of radiation increasing the risk of cancer across that population. It will be impossible to attribute specific deaths to Chernobyl, and many estimates indicate that the rate of excess deaths will be so small as to be statistically undetectable, even if the ultimate number of extra premature deaths is large.

Chernobyl disaster effects

Job done. Three nil. You can go to bed now.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

"The EPA’s system has not detected any radiation levels of concern."
-originally quoted by routerboy

First, this does not say that there is no radiation. Rather it does imply that radiation is present.

Secondly, the article in which the quote was taken from states that iodine isotopes(radioactive) and other radioactive particles where detected.

"Today, one of the monitoring stations in Sacramento, California that feeds into the IMS detected miniscule quantities of iodine isotopes and other radioactive particles that pose no health concern at the detected levels. Collectively, these levels amount to a level of approximately 0.0002 disintegrations per second per cubic meter of air (0.2 mBq/m3). Specifically, the level of Iodine-131 was 0.165 mBq/m3, the level of Iodine-132 was measured at 0.03 mBq/m3, the level of Tellurium-132 was measured at 0.04 mBq/m3, and the level of Cesium-137 was measured at 0.002 mBq/m3.

Similarly, between March 16 and 17, a detector at the Department of Energy’s Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in Washington State detected trace amounts of Xenon-133, which is a radioactive noble gas produced during nuclear fission that poses no concern at the detected level. The levels detected were approximately 0.1 disintegrations per second per cubic meter of air (100 mBq/m3)."

blog.energy.gov...

in addition the same article states that the United States did indeed detect radiation linked to the Chernobyl plant in Ukraine.

Third, this now becomes a question of do we trust the government's opinion of that statement. Do we trust a govt that has lied to us about past disasters, more recently 9/11 air quality following collapse of twin towers, to the BP oil spill where approx 75% of oil released remains under the water.
Ladies and gentlemen, I grew up just outside of NYC, and have seen what that disaster has caused, and then came down to the gulf, to work as a tug captain for the oil spill. I can safely say without talking out of my @$$ that the govt lied to us on both events, and from more than one dept.

I ask you again ladies and gentlemen, the govt has admitted that radiation from japan is here... do we trust their statement that the radiation is currently:

"not .... of concern"

think long and hard

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

"Governments Have Been Covering Up Nuclear Meltdowns for
Fifty Years to Protect the Nuclear Power Industry"

I found the video informative, you wouldn't hear this on
CNN or Fox :
Cover-ups

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Theres a good chance this report is disinfo to keep people from panicking. With the jet stream and ocean winds there is going to be some kind of radiation that floats up to the west coast via the air or water. Will it be enough to make an impact...that remains to be seen.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
so nobody saw the giant anomolous, odd moving pacific hurricanes that appeared just in time, or just decide not to mention it? 2 of em popped up and sucked a good portion of radiation (in my opinion) to the super concentrated center (eye) where its deposited into the sea

wheras they can get away with no exact radiation numbers, that way they can lie and say there wasnt that much. its just in a few spots in the pacific, no biggie. theres a thread on here about it, haarp stepped in to save the day ladies and gentlemen

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

For once, maybe the chemtrails and HAARP action is a good thing....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

I noticed that too. Something definitely doesn't sit right with me regarding this fellow.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TETRA.X

you do realize this is a prediction right? not what's actually happening right now but something that COULD happen emphasis on could

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

can you link to this? I'd be interested in reading. While I'm somewhat skeptical about HAARP i find it really fascinating to read about possible occurences and hear other peoples thoughts on it

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Air sampling results released by Berkeley:
www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join