It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

Been reading passively this forum until today when I decided to post something. Then, I figured I also should post my introduction (since I don't remember ever writing one here).

I am a skeptic, to begin with. I consider that most events that we witness can be explained if we are patient and determined to research and learn. I also think that conspiracy theories - even if they are all true - take away from a person's energy, thus life.

I am an author and I research a little known or explored way to actually use the brain. I will not plug it here, as I think would be inappropriate, but if any of you is interested in discussing and experimenting, I will gladly talk about it to some extent. I must say that debates and arguments do not really interest me until AFTER someone has tried what I propose. This way, the process becomes much more constructive and useful to both.

I will soon open up a thread here about the state of conditioning in which we all live, and how to turn this to our advantage. First, I'll wait and see if there is any interest in brain matters, especially since I advocate some level of work and personal study.

In all honesty, I am curious to see how many members here can actually exit the conspiracy paradigm and re-focus on themselves and their own internal processes, independent of the outside "forces at work."

To answer some possible questions that may come up from my intro, I am not a believer - in any kind of divine anything - nor do I give much weight to doomsday, whichever day that may be. The only thing that matters but is entirely disregarded by most people is ourselves and our process of learning, adaptation, and why not - evolution.

I hope some of you will be interested in some...down to earth conversation about the current state of affairs, socially and psychologically speaking. All of our man-made problems stem from people's total lack of understanding of human potential. Every conspiracy theory (valid or not) can be traced directly to each one of us as a source for perpetuating a state of functioning that DOES NOT make us any better, stronger, wiser, etc etc...

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Danjya

Welcome and cheers back at ya fellow earthling.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thank you spunkwax,

Glad to be here, as I have enjoyed many topics discussed over some time..it was about time I say something

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Danjya

Hi and welcome! I'm interested in what you will have to say about how to increase our utilization of potential. Hurry up and make the necessary posts to threads so you can start your thread on this!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It took me a while to figure out what you meant by "hurry up...". Got it. I need to post on other threads before starting my own

Well, I'll post when I figure I might have something decent to say, so I'll open my thread when I'm allowed to. Thank you for your interest in the subject. There is indeed much to be said on the topic of human potential and human brain functionality - as long as one keeps an honest intention to research and steers clear of beliefs and other man-made interpretations. I can only promise to keep Hollywood and Religion out of my posts.

reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

new topics

top topics

join