It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father takes responsibility, turns his own children into police for bullying

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

An Ipswich father claims he was so irate when he caught his two children attacking another that he turned them into police to be charged.

The father, known only as Matt, told Brisbane radio station 97.3FM he witnessed his 17-year-old son and 15-year-old daughter bashing a 13-year-old boy, breaking his jaw, because he wore glasses.

Enraged after experiencing similar bullying in his childhood, he marched his children to a police station to have them charged with assault.

‘‘Yesterday afternoon I’m on my way home ... come ‘round the corner three streets from home [and] there’s my 17-year-old son and my 15-year-old daughter and they are fair beating the living crap out of this kid,’’ he said.

‘‘I pulled up, I damaged the car [as] I put the car up the gutter. I grabbed a hold of both of them, threw them in the back of the car, got the young kid that they were beating up ... took him home to his parents [and] marched both my kids into the local police station.

‘‘They have both now been charged with assault.’’

The confession prompted the father to show his children his school photos.

‘‘I got bullied to the point ... where I stopped wearing glasses. It’s now affected my eye sight. I can only drive in daylight hours,’’ he said.

Click here to read the story.

Bravo!

This is a great way to teach these children NOT to bully others and the concequences that can result. They will probably get a slap on the wrist, but at their age it is terrifying, and rightfully so. There are many ways he could have handled this, and I think he chose wisely.
edit on 20-3-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's about time! Most parents now a days do the oposite and claim their kids are the victims. If that was my dad, he would have beat the crap out of me haha, but again, with changing times, parents can't discipline their kids, they now have to take them to the police.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Good. There's too much encouragement of this behavior at that age. It's good to see someone taking a harder stance towards it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
anyone noticed the video games these days? shootings, stabbings. using auto's to kill, stealing, the worst kind of warfare, people being blown apart, chopped up, driven over, no wonder kids are so mean and slap happy.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would have told the kid that got his jaw broken to break either my sons or daughters jaw ( depends on who broke his jaw) as a return. An eye for an eye. That is how people learn. Because they find out how it feels to the victim.

I don't think it was a good thing to charge the kids with assault if this was the first time they got caught. Kids should have a chance to change. This charge can bring trouble to them for the rest of their lives. Imagine how "easy" it is now for them to get a job.

Like I said. A good jaw breaker from the victim should close the deal.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It must've been the hardest thing to do for him. Tough love, is always hard. I think he's a very upstanding father! Good job to him!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I love this story. With the whole feminist movement children now a days don't get real punishment, they get a "TIMEOUT"

HAHAHAH

I wish all I had was a time out!

Great that this dad did the right thing.

link   
Were is Casey Heynes when you need him!

link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I would have told the kid that got his jaw broken to break either my sons or daughters jaw ( depends on who broke his jaw) as a return. An eye for an eye. That is how people learn. Because they find out how it feels to the victim.

And yet another argument against the implementation of Sharria law...

Its called parenting, being active in your childs life more than you are in your owrk life. It all comes back to responsibility, and the fact society seems to have thrown that term out the window. Its easier to blame government, or school, or tv, or video games, than it is for a parent to sit down and say why did my son / daughter do this?

Parents blame those things because its easier than blaming themsleves, which is where it belongs.

Take an active intrest in what your kid does.. Character, honesty, ethics etc etc...

Its been a long time coming, but we need to reinstill these core beliefs...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Try raising your kids with some decent morals. All this would never have happened, but people are to busy minding eachothers bussiness instead of teaching their kids. It doesnt help that in these times we have babies making babies. Makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I don't give a crap for sharria law or whatever the hell you call that. I don't even really know what that is.

All I know is that the best way of making someone realise that what they are doing is bad, is to make them go through the same thing as their victim. Except if what they did to their victim is extremely bad, then this concept does not apply.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This bullies should go through the...
CASEY HEYNES SOLUTION!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The problem is, that situation should have never come to that. It should have been diffused long before...

This bullies should go through the...
CASEY HEYNES SOLUTION!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Sharia Law - Islamic law that is based in part on eye for an eye method. If someone does something to you and breaks your arm, theoriteically you could then break their arm in return.

The entire saying btw is eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth - people ignore the ending of that statement though, and since you dont care about it, I wont post it.

All I know is that the best way of making someone realise that what they are doing is bad, is to make them go through the same thing as their victim. Except if what they did to their victim is extremely bad, then this concept does not apply.

I would make a comment but the Irony would most liekly be lost.

The point is to prevent the bahvior before it occurs, which means as a parent you would need to be active in your childrens lives, teaching them right form wrong, preferably before the situation arises. If the children are not taught that its wrong to not only bully a person, but to break their jaw in the process, then what makes you think corrective action will work?

That bassackward argument is the problem, not the solution.

Prevention works a lot better than blaming the problem on something else later on. At least in the first one, all partioes might actually learn something, where if we use your argument, no one has learned a thing, inluding the parent, because, again, blame is being placed on the kids instead of where it belongs - on the parents.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I couldn't agree more, xcath. One ounce of prevention is worth a thousand pounds of cure, I believe it is?

It's up to the parent to raise their children properly, which leads me to a potential thread about "Unfit to be a parent, part 2."

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

And one day his kids will probably thank him for it. Thanks for the story OP, made me happy to realize there are still good people out there in the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Ridiculous. First off, two wrongs don't make a right. Second, he's still their father. third, I doubt the 13 year old with a broken jaw is gonna be up for doing much of anything. See, your mentality is the sort of thing we need to get rid of our society. Revenge is useless.

I don't think it was a good thing to charge the kids with assault if this was the first time they got caught. Kids should have a chance to change. This charge can bring trouble to them for the rest of their lives. Imagine how "easy" it is now for them to get a job.

Problem is, it was assault, and it was a crime. They broke a kid's jaw, they should be facing legal penalties. Since they are both under 18, it will be purged from their record as adults.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
anyone noticed the video games these days? shootings, stabbings. using auto's to kill, stealing, the worst kind of warfare, people being blown apart, chopped up, driven over, no wonder kids are so mean and slap happy.

And when I was growing up it was bad movies & "satanic" rock music that got the blame. I play some of the violent video games now and in the last 45 years I have not maimed or killed anyone.

It's not music, movies or games. That's just an excuse for people to not take responsibility for themselves.

There have always been bad people or ones that preyed on others. Back in the day they would be put in their place or extinguished. Now we coddle them and place the blame everywhere but on them !!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A 17 year old... Still bullying, with his 15 year old sister.

There is shame in these acts so you don't want family to watch, yet he and she are approving each other for this..

And it is to a 13 year old.. Nothing better to do?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Good parenting is what that was.

Everybody take note. Just because they are YOUR kids, doesn't make them any better than common criminals if they want to behave this way.

Zero tolerance for bullies is what young people need today.

Good job.

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2 >>

join