It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want a good Laugh? Then Read This!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Bush says: 'I want to be the peace president'
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, July 20 (Reuters) - After launching two wars, President George W. Bush said on Tuesday he wanted to be a "peace president" and took swipes at his Democratic rivals for being lawyers and weak on defense.

With polls showing public support for the war in Iraq in decline, Bush cast himself as a reluctant warrior and assured Americans they were "safer" as he campaigned in the battleground states of Iowa and Missouri against Democrat John Kerry and his running mate, former trial lawyer John Edwards.

"The enemy declared war on us," Bush told a re-election rally in Cedar Rapids. "Nobody wants to be the war president. I want to be the peace president... The next four years will be peaceful years." Bush used the words "peace" or "peaceful" a total of 20 times.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

OMG! LMFAO!!!

*spits drink all over desk*

LMAO!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wow... "stop the troops from killing civilians, we're peaceful now!" LOL

Bush used the words "peace" or "peaceful" a total of 20 times.

He repeats works many times in ALOT of his speaches... he's always done that.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
He repeats works many times in ALOT of his speaches... he's always done that.

Yeah using an old tactic. If you repeat something enough times eventually people will begin to believe it.

*sniff*

I can smell the bull# from here.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
He really should've been a comedian instead of president of the USA, we'd all be better off.

-Attero

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
He really should've been a comedian instead of president of the USA, we'd all be better off.

-Attero

LMAO!! I dont think it would have worked. He's funny without wanting to be.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Throwing a more serious stone into this sinkhole of humor,

I think he is just trying to say he became a "war president" because it was the most logical thing to do AT THE TIME (following 911). Note I said AT THE TIME. In other words, maybe he was doing it (declaring himself a "war president") out of responsibility rather than choice?

However, the damage has been done, and there's nothing any cantidate can do to reverse it. In fact, he could be realizing that and is just trying to (re)gain the image of a good president.

[edit on 7/21/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
He's funny without wanting to be.

A sign of a true natural. LOL.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
A sign of a true natural. LOL.

LMFAO!!!!
True.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yes, he wants to be the 'Peace President' right up till November, then it'll be back to normal.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
seriously, we all need to remember, we went into Iraq to bring stability and peace to the region. It worked. Bush is not a liar! It dosen't matter about WMDs its all about Oi.....Peace.

Disclaimer: The above was a remark made in sarchasm, and intended to reflect the response that a braindead Bush junkie would make in response to a post like this one.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You know what they say here. Fool me once................[long pause]. Shame on you. Then go ahead and fool me again, huhhh?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85

I think he is just trying to say he became a "war president" because it was the most logical thing to do AT THE TIME (following 911). Note I said AT THE TIME. In other words, maybe he was doing it (declaring himself a "war president") out of responsibility rather than choice?

1. It was all CHOICE to attack Iraq

2. "War President" is all that he had left by 9/01 - all ratings of his presidency were abysmal. A War was just the tonic it needed...an old GOP fail safe.

3. Peace? While the test ballons are being floated & the pincher strategy being applied for a two flank attack of Iran by the US based forces in Iraq & Israel? This Peace will have your butt in a foxhole sometime over the next couple years.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Originally posted by xenophanes85

1. It was all CHOICE to attack Iraq

2. "War President" is all that he had left by 9/01 - all ratings of his presidency were abysmal. A War was just the tonic it needed...an old GOP fail safe.

3. Peace? While the test ballons are being floated & the pincher strategy being applied for a two flank attack of Iran by the US based forces in Iraq & Israel? This Peace will have your butt in a foxhole sometime over the next couple years.

Exactly. We would already be in Iran if Iraq had not become such a quagmire. Don't let anyone tell you different. This and all actions in the Middle East are about OIL. I have done a lot of studying on this and the world oil supplies will be depleting in 15 to 20 years. Whoever controls what is left supposedly will be in control. I doubt that also. Anyone born after the year 1960 will see a great change on how things are done in this world. I would suggest finding some land to farm if you want uninterrupted food supply 20 years from now. I have.

new topics

top topics

join